dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I need help please. We applied for i-130 since April 2015 and only got NOA1.we called uscis several times and they keep saying is pending and that we'll be notified if any changes or update is made.

ur are not alone , i have the same case with you . i have called a million times they keep saying case is on processing hold

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got my daughter's interview date in April. Finally only took them 2 months to schedule. Heard Jamaica normally takes longer. Good luck to others waiting. Still keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well when she's at the embassy

:dancing: Medical exam on 042516 and Biometrics on 042616. Interview date 042716 @ 0930 all in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico :dancing: Good luck to everyone else hanging in there.

CONGRATS!!

Interview on Thursday, getting very anxious!!!!!

CONGRATS!!

Interview on Thursday, getting very anxious!!!!!

I'm sure everything will be fine! Knock it out the ball park! My hubby will be here next week!!!! You'll be saying something similar soon!

Interview approved!!!

Weirdest questions EVER.

Now what? I alteady paid the immigrant fee, can i check my case status online?

Skglslglsk im so relieved!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to start a new life with ny awesome hubby

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview approved!!!

Weirdest questions EVER.

Now what? I alteady paid the immigrant fee, can i check my case status online?

Skglslglsk im so relieved!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to start a new life with ny awesome hubby

congrats, may God blessing continues to journey with u. Do u mind sharing a few of the questions, thanks

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

So basically I was at the Embassy for about two hours and a half. I showed up at like 830 (had my appointment at 9 AM) because I live in the city but on the suburban area so I arrived a little earlier because of traffic . I went straight to step one and they gave me a green folder with instructions, passed through security, went straight to step four so I could get the fingerprints done and then after that I went inside to wait with other immigrant visa applicants. First they called me up to this "private" window or office (I was third in line waiting) to give my papers and then came back to the waiting area.

I got called to the same office I went first but now the consul was there. He was polite, said hello and made me take an oath. After that he asked me if I preferred to take the interview in English or in Spanish, I said English is fine.

He asked me a series of questions like:

Who do I know in the United States ( husband of course)

Why had I married someone that was older than me (which was very weird). I told him that I fell in love and he still plays with his PlayStation so him being 40 is not a big issue for me. He asked me if he had kids or he had divorced before. Both nope.

We talked a little bit about the assets than my husband had, didn't know much about them. Saw the new 2015 W2, cause we hadnt submitted that for the obvious reason that that document was available by then end of january and we filed NVC on December.

And I brought evidence about his new job and talked about that too. Because he basically quit his job in order to spend three months with me in Argentina so I had to bring evidence that he had gotten a new job when he came back to the us in February.

He asked me for the names of my husband's parents

How did we meet

How long were we married for . What did we do for our first year anniversary and I told him that we Skyped LOL

Since I was on the J1 visa program he asked me if I was student, what my major was and if I was done with University

Asked me why we eloped to Vegas and I said that we did it because we just felt like we were going to do it anyways because we love each other. I had photo albums which didn't fit through the window so I showed him a couple pictures of us with Elvis and my mother-in-law Lol.

Then I told him that we made a party in Argentina and he asked me where was it held and how many guests were in that party. Since both of us are non-Catholic we just made a symbolic ceremony and pretty much it was just celebration.

He asked me what were my plans once I arrived to the states, also if I had any travel plans or if I had booked a ticket which the answer was no because intruly dont and havent booked anything yet.

We went trough more evidence, my taxes that show his SSN, our joint bank account (he was surprised I had all that), witness letters.

After a couple more questions like that he went to another office to maybe review the papers.

He came back, asked a couple more questions, simple ones, and he said "OK I believe everything you say, your visa is approved and you'll get the notification that it's ready within 5 to 7 days". He gave me back all my original Civile documents, gave me a sheet of paper that had my alien registration number, my DOS case number and the steps to pay for the immigrant fee at $160 and I have to be at online I already did.

And I have a theory about this last thing, because he gave me this sheet of paper at the beginning of the interview so I think that they know if you are approved or not beforehand, and they just want to see your face and believe the story which in my case is completely true.

Overall it was an OK experience, I felt it was a little bit weird but is the first time me doing this. I got treated with dignity and respect but there's some things that maybe were not necessary to be asked, but oh well.

Hope this helps and if theres any typos know that I just wrote this whole thing on voice keyboard lol.

What is important now is that I have my visa approved, after a year of processing and cant wait to have it in my hands! Best of all I get to start a life with my husband and adopt a puppy LOL

Edited by BrenPuchot

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congratulations!!! So nice to hear you was approval that is the most important!

And thank you so much for share your interview and question with people like me that are waiting for this step!!

Good luck with your new life!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, So back in October my Case *Form I-130* was transferred to "My Local Office"

As of today, march 14th, this popped up

"Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received"

"On March 14, 2016, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number xxx. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you."

And I Don't know what does that mean!! Should I be worried? Cuz I found nothing claiming that the NBC do I-130s.

Edited by iflash3d

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys i am greencard holder and i have filed i130 for my wife in april 2015 and later it got transferre on 19th October to California service center and not approved yet anyone here in the same boat as me? Please reply m little worried now.

Just wanted to give y'all an update and say that there is hope.

Husband is from the U.K. and on April 2nd received notice that his interview at the U.S. Embassy in London would be scheduled for March 7th. He did his medical exam and they sent the results directly to embassy.

We prepared a very thorough packet for his interview but all they looked at were the originals of the marriage license, birth certificate and the police report. They didn't ask for anything else.

Interview was EXTREMELY short, possibly less than 1 minute. They asked him my name, where we met, and what my current job was. That was it. Then the interview handed my husband the papers back and said "You're approved!" We were shocked it went that quickly!

They said that it would take around 2 weeks for the passport with visa to be delivered to the courier but the receptionist told my husband it could take under 5 days in some cases. She was right. His interview was on a Monday, we received an e-mail from the courier on Thursday that the package would be available for pick up on the Friday. After he got the passport he flew to he U.S. on Tuesday.

After waiting so long for this process to be finished the last bit flew by! Wishing others as much luck as we had!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does immigration visa and affidavit fee for DS-230 has to be paid using personal debit/ credit card. Can someone make payment on your behalf

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.