Tosun2014

March 2015 I-130 for parents filers

130 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

I applied for both my parents at the Vermont center. Priority date was 04/23/2015 and I received a receipt notice on for 04/23/2015.

I was hoping to hear a decision anytime soon, then on August 21 I received a notification that my case has been transferred to the California service center.

Now I am wondering if they will use my original receipt date of 04/23/2015 in California or if the transfer receipt date of 08/21/2015 is what they will use. In other words, the processing time is 5 months in Vermont and California, is it now 5 months from 04/23/2015 or 5 months from now?

Thanks

Here is what USCIS says http://www.uscis.gov/news/transferring-cases-vermont-service-center-california-service-center

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not sure but by common sense they would keep your original receipt date as your priority date. To do otherwise is unthinkable. Afterall the whole purpose of transferring is to keep the processing time shorter, not longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

My husband filed for his mom in March, approved in August. On the NOA1 it says that they will contact my MIL... but the only contact information they have for her is a phone number as she doesn't really have a legitimate (mailable) address. Will the NVC contact my husband? I'm so confused as to what the next steps are.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys

I have quick question

I petition my mom on april 9 2015 after long wait they just transfer her case to local office ( i checked her statueonline) didnt ask me for anything yet

My question im supposed to traver out of tge country for amonth

what happend if i dont send them the required papers until i am back ???

Yould they cancel my case ???

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi iyane the same situation here i received the same notice on August 21 my first notice was 4/9 i pettion my mother

Did you hear anything back? please keep me updated as we probably are in the same batch...I will do the same.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did you hear anything back? please keep me updated as we probably are in the same batch...I will do the same.

A lot of those cases transferred have been getting approvals. Unfortunately, I got a RFE for both parents on Sept 16. Still waiting for the mail to know what it is.

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My husband filed for his mom in March, approved in August. On the NOA1 it says that they will contact my MIL... but the only contact information they have for her is a phone number as she doesn't really have a legitimate (mailable) address. Will the NVC contact my husband? I'm so confused as to what the next steps are.

Idhelwig,

I'm a bit confused by your question. Your I-130 was already approved, right? So you are talking about the NOA2, not NOA1. What exactly did it say? My NOA2 says that the petition was approved (the I-130), and that it was sent to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). Then it says NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning (beneficiary) concerning further immigrant visa processing steps. If that is what you are concerned about, I belive (from reading other people's experiences that the next step is for the NVC to send you a "Welcome Letter". I believe they DO send it to your mother in law, but they also send you a copy.

In that Welcome Letter, they will give you a new case number (an NVC number) with which you can access your case online and follow instructions there.

You are doing consular processing, correct?

M

CURRENT PROCESS:
I-130 for Mom in Venezuela (Approved) - On To NVC Processing
MM - DD
03-13 - Sent I-130 Package To Phoenix, AZ
03-14 - Package Delivered
03-19 - Received Text from USCIS case was received, and Receipt #.
03-19 - Received E-mail from USCIS case was accepted and routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
03-19 - Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status
03-23 - Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action Priority Date March 16th, 2015
08-06 - Received e-mail notice RFE Letter would be sent.
08-10 - Received RFE (PROOF OF NAME CHANGE for Mom)
08-19 - Sent RFE Response
08-21 - USCIS Received my response to RFE
08-21 - Received e-mail notice "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
09-01 - Received e-mail I-130 was approved
I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months
09-10 - I-797, Notice of Action sent to me by mail
09-14 - Received I-797, Notice of Action I-130 Approved
09-17 - Received Text from USCIS case status is updated online
09-17 - Received Email from USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-17 - Checked online status: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-22 - NVC Received my case
10-01 - NVC Assigned Case Number
10-02 - NVC Date of Welcome Letter to Petitioner
10-05 - NVC Welcome Letter Envelope Postage Stamp Date
10-06 - Called NVC and got Case # and Invoice #
10-06 - Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment
10-08 - Called NVC - Case still locked for approval of COA & Payment of IV Fee
10-09 - Received NVC Welcome Letter, AOS Bill & Document Cover Sheet
10-14 - Called NVC Got COA Reviewed Over The Phone
10-15 - Received IV Fee Invoice By Email
10-16 - Paid IV Fee
10-19 - IV Fee Appears as PAID and DS-260 IV Application OPEN
MM - DD
03-31 - Sent AOS & IV Packets to NVC Overnighted
04-01 - Packages delivered to NVC
04-02 - Completed and Submitted DS-260 IV Application Online
04-02 - NVC SCAN DATE
05-02 - CASE COMPLETE!
05-09 - Received CC Email from NVC
05-09 - Received letter Re: updated mailing/email address for this case ???
05-16 - Received Email with INTERVIEW DATE (P4)
05-19 - Received actual INTERVIEW DATE (P4) letter in the mail
05-25 - NVC Sent Case To Embassy (CEAC Status Changed to In Transit)
06-28 - INTERVIEW DATE
06-28 APPROVED in 468 days FROM I-130 NOA1- 15.38 Months
08-28 - Point Of Entry POE Miami International Airport - Miami, Florida
09-09 - Received Social Security Number Card in the Mail (Middle Name Cut Off)
10-04 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Being Produced
10-07 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Has been Mailed

Filed: IR-5 Country: Armenia
Timeline

Idhelwig,

I'm a bit confused by your question. Your I-130 was already approved, right? So you are talking about the NOA2, not NOA1. What exactly did it say? My NOA2 says that the petition was approved (the I-130), and that it was sent to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). Then it says NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning (beneficiary) concerning further immigrant visa processing steps. If that is what you are concerned about, I belive (from reading other people's experiences that the next step is for the NVC to send you a "Welcome Letter". I believe they DO send it to your mother in law, but they also send you a copy.

In that Welcome Letter, they will give you a new case number (an NVC number) with which you can access your case online and follow instructions there.

You are doing consular processing, correct?

M

This is true. but I wouldn't wait for the letter and call NVC.

Letter arrives pretty late.

My parent I-130 were approved yesterday, I am waiting for the NOA2! Best of luck to those still waiting.

What is the next step? how long does it take and how can I prepare to make sure there is no delay?

From the NVC website, they say I need to select an agent, how do you do that? I guess i am the agent for my parents?

Thanks all!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My parent I-130 were approved yesterday, I am waiting for the NOA2! Best of luck to those still waiting.

What is the next step? how long does it take and how can I prepare to make sure there is no delay?

From the NVC website, they say I need to select an agent, how do you do that? I guess i am the agent for my parents?

Thanks all!

Fist off congrats! Your next step will be to contact the NVC @ (603) 334-0700. And see if you have a case number ... This may take a couple of weeks... Once you have that you will be able to select a agent (which is yourself). Start gathering all documents: birth certificates, NBI. names and addresses of siblings and any other information that is needed... It is best to look at the forms that you'll be filling out and start writing down the answers so you don't waste any time ... Any information is right here... And plenty of people to help... It's about another 4 month process to get through the NVC... Good luck!

Fist off congrats! Your next step will be to contact the NVC @ (603) 334-0700. And see if you have a case number ... This may take a couple of weeks... Once you have that you will be able to select a agent (which is yourself). Start gathering all documents: birth certificates, NBI. names and addresses of siblings and any other information that is needed... It is best to look at the forms that you'll be filling out and start writing down the answers so you don't waste any time ... Any information is right here... And plenty of people to help... It's about another 4 month process to get through the NVC... Good luck!

Thank you :-)

I am trying to get my documents prepared and I have this questions: Do I need to send my original birth certificate and my parents original marriage certificate to NVC? If Yes how do you make sure it doesn't get lost?

My parents dont live here, does that means they will have to first mail me their original marriage certificate and I will mail to NVC?

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you :-)

I am trying to get my documents prepared and I have this questions: Do I need to send my original birth certificate and my parents original marriage certificate to NVC? If Yes how do you make sure it doesn't get lost?

My parents dont live here, does that means they will have to first mail me their original marriage certificate and I will mail to NVC?

Thanks

We sent color copies... If they need to see them they will be asked at the interview...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.