Tosun2014

March 2015 I-130 for parents filers

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi iyane im in the same stage i filed the i130 on april i sent the iv and financial package on January 11 they sent email that they recieved it and asking me to allow 30 days bcz they have high volume of visa app ....hope for the best

Thanks Zine!

I wonder if the 30 days wait is just to review the documents or this include also scheduling the interview appointment?

Anyone else?

Hi iyane im in the same stage i filed the i130 on april i sent the iv and financial package on January 11 they sent email that they recieved it and asking me to allow 30 days bcz they have high volume of visa app ....hope for the best

Update: I called NVC and they say my case is completed yeah! I read online that when your status for the AOS fee change from PAID to N/A, that means you will get a CC, so I had the N/A status for the AOS fee and I called and sure enough my case is completed. I am so happy, I couldn't sleep yesterday night. Anyway Good luck to the rest of you and check your AOS fee status to see if it shows N/A. Also if the scan date is more than 45 days call them!

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! I got an interview date on Feb 3 for March 15th. So it took 2 weeks, but I heard the time frame depend from embassy. They also only scheduled my mother instead of scheduling my mother and father, Not sure why (system error they guessed), now I had to do an expedite to have my dad interview scheduled the same day/time as my mom. I am waiting to see if this was approved.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a forum for February filers for I-130 for parents (IR-5)?

IR-5 for Mom

02-17-16: Application sent to Chicago

02-23-16: Received official receipt Notice (Form I-797) - NOA1

03-12-16: Received email/text that petition was approved and that they are mailing the notice to me.

03-17-16: Received approval notice - NOA2

04-08-16: Received email from NVC

04-24-16: Submitted DS-261 (Choose an Agent) online

04-25-16: Paid AOS Fee

04-26-16: AOS cleared bank

04-27-16: AOS Fee status changed to PAID

04-27-16: Received email with IV Fee Invoice

05-23-16: Paid IV Fee Invoice

07-14-16: Submitted DS-260

07-15-16: Mailed Affidavit of Support and all Other Supporting Docs

09-13-16: Received email scheduling interview for 10-19-16

09-26-16: Medical Interview - FAILED (need Sputum Test)

10-12-16: Sputum Test PASSED (Negative Result)

12-08-16: Sputum Test Culture PASSED (Negative Result)

12-09-16: Re-scheduled Interview

12-13-16: Interview - PASSED

12-29-16: Received Passport and Visa

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hello everyone, long time-no-log-in,

I am now compiling all the documents to send AOS package and IV Package together... I still have a couple of questions maybe you guys can help me out with them. I had to take a little bit of a hiatus on this process (I wanted to wait after I filed my taxes, because I made more money this year than I did last year), and now it seems like I forgot everything I read, and I'm confused again.

So far I have completed all these steps:

- USCIS Stage

- NVC Stage:

1- Case Number

2- Invoice ID Number

3- DS-261 Choice Of Agent

4- Paid AOS Fee

5- Paid IV Fee

I am about to complete the following steps:

6- Fill out AOS For I-864 OR I-864EZ (not sure yet)

7- Send AOS & IV Packages

My questions are:

a) Regarding I-864, the new 07/02/15 Form I-864, is a bit confusing.

- Part 2. Information About the Principal Immigrant, Mailing Address.

Does this mean their current mailing address abroad? or the mailing address they will have once they come here to the US? And what do we put under 2.a. In Care Of Name?

- Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income. Question 2. My current individual annual income is:

I have received different responses from different forums I visit. Is this number supposed to be the same number as my last W2 (which includes bonuses and overtime in my case)? Is it supposed to be the same number as my hourly pay rate x 40 weeks x 52 weeks per year (which doesn't include bonuses and overtime).

- Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income. Question 15. My Current Annual Household Income (Total all lines from Part 6., Items Number 2., 5., 8., 11., and 14; the total will be compared to Federal Poverty Guidelines on Form I-864P)

I am planing on only using my own personal income to show I am well above the poverty guidelines, I am not using a joint sponsor. Therefore, when it asks to add all items and then write them down on question 15, the answer will be the same as question 2. However, I always file my taxes as "Married Filing Jointly", so the number here is obviously LOWER than wat my Income (number 7 on the Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return) and my Adjusted Gross Income (number 37 on the Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return) show. Obviously because that includes my husband's and my own salary together. Therefore this number I write down is no the same as what is shown in any of my documents (my W2 shows more, and my tax paperwork shows more).

- Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income. Question 19.a., 19.b., and 19.c. My total income (adjusted gross income on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal income tax returns for the most recent three yeas was:

Here I have the same issue, my total adjusted gross income as reported on my Federal income tax returns includes my husband's income as well, not just mine. I had read that if I put both our incomes, they will send me a checklist asking him to sign a joint sponsor form, but we don't need him to be a joint sponsor, my own income covers it. So what number would I put here? it's telling me to put the number on my tax return form, but that number is incorrect.

b) Regarding the AOS & IV Packets.

- What is the actual order and list of documents I need to include? This is what I have gathered so far, in the order I am placing them in:

1. Document Cover Sheet (Is this the sheet that came with the Welcome Letter that has this same list below with checkboxes next to them?)

WHAT ABOUT THE TWO OTHER DOCUMENT SHEETS THAT WERE AVAILABLE TO PRINT AFTER YOU PAID THE AOS AND IV FEE RESPECTIVELY? Should I put them here?

Manila Folder Containing AOS Packet:

2. Financial Documents:

Should I put the Document Cover Sheet available to print after I paid for AOS here?

I saw somewhere else an "optional written by you cover letter"

Affidavit of Support

IRS Tax Transcript (2015, 2014, 2013)

Federal Income Tax Returns (2015, 2014, 2013)

Form W2 (2015, 2014, 2013)

Evidence of income (I have a letter form my employer stating my income as my hourly pay rate x 40 weeks x 52 weeks per year, and also the last 6 pay-stubs)

Proof of relationship (I would assume this is MY birth certificate, AGAIN, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Proof of U.S. status ( My Naturalization Certificate, a copy of my passport page, and a copy of my passport card)

Social Security Earnings Statement [NOT APPLICABLE TO ME]

Proof of assets [NOT APPLICABLE TO ME]

Manila Folder Containing IV Packet:

3. Supporting Documents

Should I put the Document Cover Sheet available to print after I paid for IV here?

I saw somewhere else an "optional written by you cover letter"

Adoption documentation [NOT APPLICABLE TO ME]

Birth certificates (My mom's birth certificate, AGAIN, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Court and prison record(s) [NOT APPLICABLE TO ME]

Marriage certificate (My mom's marriage certificate, AGAIN because I had to send it due to an RFE during I-130 stage, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Marriage termination documents (My mom's divorce decree, AGAIN because I had to send it due to an RFE during I-130 stage, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Military records [NOT APPLICABLE TO ME]

Petitioner documents (MY birth certificate, AGAIN??????, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Photocopy of my mom's valid passport (I am sending copy of 2 different ones, because we used the information of her 1st one during I-130 stage, but it expired and she had to get another one for NVC stage).

Police Certificate(s) (One from my country, the only place she's lived in, plus translation + certification+notarization)

Translations (I shouldn't put all translations back here, right? they go next to the document they are the translation of, right? plus certification + notarization)

Photocopies (Do they mean photocopies of EVERYTHING listed above, or do they mean to just bring photocopies of everything as listed above instead of originals?)

Other Documents (What more could they possibly need, LOL?)

If anyone here has a similar case of married filing jointly but only using your own income, please let me know how you did it. Thank you for any help...

MW

CURRENT PROCESS:
I-130 for Mom in Venezuela (Approved) - On To NVC Processing
MM - DD
03-13 - Sent I-130 Package To Phoenix, AZ
03-14 - Package Delivered
03-19 - Received Text from USCIS case was received, and Receipt #.
03-19 - Received E-mail from USCIS case was accepted and routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
03-19 - Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status
03-23 - Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action Priority Date March 16th, 2015
08-06 - Received e-mail notice RFE Letter would be sent.
08-10 - Received RFE (PROOF OF NAME CHANGE for Mom)
08-19 - Sent RFE Response
08-21 - USCIS Received my response to RFE
08-21 - Received e-mail notice "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
09-01 - Received e-mail I-130 was approved
I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months
09-10 - I-797, Notice of Action sent to me by mail
09-14 - Received I-797, Notice of Action I-130 Approved
09-17 - Received Text from USCIS case status is updated online
09-17 - Received Email from USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-17 - Checked online status: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-22 - NVC Received my case
10-01 - NVC Assigned Case Number
10-02 - NVC Date of Welcome Letter to Petitioner
10-05 - NVC Welcome Letter Envelope Postage Stamp Date
10-06 - Called NVC and got Case # and Invoice #
10-06 - Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment
10-08 - Called NVC - Case still locked for approval of COA & Payment of IV Fee
10-09 - Received NVC Welcome Letter, AOS Bill & Document Cover Sheet
10-14 - Called NVC Got COA Reviewed Over The Phone
10-15 - Received IV Fee Invoice By Email
10-16 - Paid IV Fee
10-19 - IV Fee Appears as PAID and DS-260 IV Application OPEN
MM - DD
03-31 - Sent AOS & IV Packets to NVC Overnighted
04-01 - Packages delivered to NVC
04-02 - Completed and Submitted DS-260 IV Application Online
04-02 - NVC SCAN DATE
05-02 - CASE COMPLETE!
05-09 - Received CC Email from NVC
05-09 - Received letter Re: updated mailing/email address for this case ???
05-16 - Received Email with INTERVIEW DATE (P4)
05-19 - Received actual INTERVIEW DATE (P4) letter in the mail
05-25 - NVC Sent Case To Embassy (CEAC Status Changed to In Transit)
06-28 - INTERVIEW DATE
06-28 APPROVED in 468 days FROM I-130 NOA1- 15.38 Months
08-28 - Point Of Entry POE Miami International Airport - Miami, Florida
09-09 - Received Social Security Number Card in the Mail (Middle Name Cut Off)
10-04 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Being Produced
10-07 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Has been Mailed

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.