Tosun2014

March 2015 I-130 for parents filers

130 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ours was Nebraska... We filed a IR-5 for my wife's parents... You can check my timeline for the dates things were approved...

thanks for ur time and reply

i will look thanks again

Timeline

Ours was approved a week ago Monday... I know one other that was approved last Friday that was a March filer... Hope this helps

thanks you much yes it will help alot

thanks for ur time and reply

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all,

Thanks for putting up this post and sharing. It gave me relief to find others in the same boat. Wife and I are petitioning her mom who came here 3 years ago, had her green card but decided to go back to Vietnam and has been living there since. March 19th 2015 is our priority date.I first thought that since she already got her green card b4 it would be easier and sooner but soon found out we have to start over from square one. This time I decided to do the paperworks myself vs paying some immigration office to do it. It'll be 5 months in 2 days and some family members of my wife already blame the long waiting time on the fact that I didn't hire some one to do it. After reading the forums I realized that it's kind of a hit and miss thing with some luck factor involved to get a fast approval time. I got a little freaked out when seeing the process time of Nebraska (last file was Jan 2014) but read on some other posts that some Feb filers from Nebraska got approved so it eases my worry a bit. Wife is even more anxious to have her mom here. I plan on calling NSC after the 5 month mark and will update. Good luck everyone!

Hello to everyone.

I want to file for my mom. But the problem is she and my dad never got married. In this case what do I do? To show that she is my mom. But I do have birth certificate. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by yulisa

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Armenia
Timeline

Birth certificate is enough to show she is your mother.

You don't need anything for her.

It's easier to show that she is your mother than to prove your father is indeed your father.

Timeline

I called today and was surprised how easy it is to get to a live rep. She wouldn't talk to me since my wife petitioned. Called back 2 hours later with her in a conference call and again got through without a problem. She however couldn't tell us anything other than what's been posted on USCIS site which is just the original receipt notice. She did looked and said it's been 5 months so we should do an e-request (I think that's what she said) online and they'll respond by slow mail in 15-30 days. So I did just that but website said we're within process time so they rejected our request. Will try submit again in a few days. I did asked her about the process time posted last month (last file was Jan 2014) she said it was a typo, supposed to to Jan 2015 and confirmed 5 months is indeed the time frame right now.

Timeline

My parents were approved today. NOA1 was April 2nd 2015

CR-1 -- California Service Center -- Mumbai Consulate, India

16th March 2010: I130 sent
25th March 2010: NOA1 Received
23rd July 2010: I130 Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date.

30th July 2010: NVC Received
14th Sept 2010: Case complete at NVC
22nd Oct 2010: Interview date assigned
19th Nov 2010: Interview at 7:30 A.M IST APPROVED

Passport with visa in hand on the same day.

N400 Sent: 31st Oct 2013

NOA1: Nov 4th 2013

Letter for Biometrics recievied with Appt on 12/09/2013: Nov 18th 2013

Biometrics done: Nov 22nd 2013

In line for Interview: Dec 27th 2013

Interview letter received: May 24th 2014

Interview Date: June 26th 2014

Oath Date: November 23rd (After numerous calls and Info pass inquiries to USCIS)

US Passport received: December 12th 2014

Filed for Parents - IR5

NOA1: April 2nd 2015

NOA2: August 19th 2015

Timeline

Thank you. Hope NVC stage is done soon.

CR-1 -- California Service Center -- Mumbai Consulate, India

16th March 2010: I130 sent
25th March 2010: NOA1 Received
23rd July 2010: I130 Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date.

30th July 2010: NVC Received
14th Sept 2010: Case complete at NVC
22nd Oct 2010: Interview date assigned
19th Nov 2010: Interview at 7:30 A.M IST APPROVED

Passport with visa in hand on the same day.

N400 Sent: 31st Oct 2013

NOA1: Nov 4th 2013

Letter for Biometrics recievied with Appt on 12/09/2013: Nov 18th 2013

Biometrics done: Nov 22nd 2013

In line for Interview: Dec 27th 2013

Interview letter received: May 24th 2014

Interview Date: June 26th 2014

Oath Date: November 23rd (After numerous calls and Info pass inquiries to USCIS)

US Passport received: December 12th 2014

Filed for Parents - IR5

NOA1: April 2nd 2015

NOA2: August 19th 2015

Timeline

Here's the link to set up an account to get updates by emails or texts:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/disclaimer.do

I created mine but didn't see anything new other than what's shown when you search by case number. Hopefully will get a surprise update soon

Timeline

got an email that says a notice of request of additional evidence was sent out by slow mail yesterday but email wouldn't say what. Guess I just have to wait for the mail. Probably 2013 tax return or an English translation of birth certificate.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all,

I applied for both my parents at the Vermont center. Priority date was 04/23/2015 and I received a receipt notice on for 04/23/2015.

I was hoping to hear a decision anytime soon, then on August 21 I received a notification that my case has been transferred to the California service center.

Now I am wondering if they will use my original receipt date of 04/23/2015 in California or if the transfer receipt date of 08/21/2015 is what they will use. In other words, the processing time is 5 months in Vermont and California, is it now 5 months from 04/23/2015 or 5 months from now?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.