242 posts in this topic

Rant:

The preparer did ds260 wrong.

On hold with NVC trying to fix the issue but they are having a network problem plus the CEAC site is down for maintenance.

I SAW 3 MISTAKES IN THE FIRST 2 PAGES!!!

Date of birth, address, date of marriage like seriously did you even look at the file!!!

Feel a lilttle better ☺

Rant:

The preparer did ds260 wrong.

On hold with NVC trying to fix the issue but they are having a network problem plus the CEAC site is down for maintenance.

I SAW 3 MISTAKES IN THE FIRST 2 PAGES!!!

Date of birth, address, date of marriage like seriously did you even look at the file!!!

Feel a lilttle better ☺

Oh jeez :( sorry about that. Some of the stuff you will be able to rectify at the interview. When I did my DS-260, I stupidly forgot my middle name, even though it stated clearly to include it :P When I told the document intake officer at the embassy, he said it was fine and they'd figure it out (which they did, thankfully), but with you, it's a few things. Are those the only things they got wrong? If you try as hard as you can at NVC and no one can help, then your last hope is at the interview with the first officer who takes in the photos etc.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Oh jeez :( sorry about that. Some of the stuff you will be able to rectify at the interview. When I did my DS-260, I stupidly forgot my middle name, even though it stated clearly to include it :P When I told the document intake officer at the embassy, he said it was fine and they'd figure it out (which they did, thankfully), but with you, it's a few things. Are those the only things they got wrong? If you try as hard as you can at NVC and no one can help, then your last hope is at the interview with the first officer who takes in the photos etc.

I didn't get a chance to go through the whole application since the site is under maintenance. But it's important dates, middle names she forgot his parents, wrong previous address etc.

I might be able to take it to the interview, but would like NVC to give an input on what I should do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I really want an interview date, but I'm starting to think that I won't get one until June. People who were CC a few days before me have their interview dates and they're in late May dates. Hours will start getting cut at work in late April or May and my boss is going to do whatever she can to keep me full time until I leave, but she can't guarantee me anything--there's a girl with more seniority than me who will be done school and therefore has more right to hours. If I don't get enough hours, I won't get enough EI (unemployment) to actually be a contributing member of my household while I find a job. Things are REALLY STRESSFUL for my wife right now and of course I can't be there to help her or hold her hand when things are rough--and things HAVE been rough. I should be grateful because I am fairly sure that they are not bad enough to qualify for an expedite. That would mean things were very bad. But things are bad enough and we won't know to what extent for awhile.

And like rubbing sand in my wound, someone who was EP got CC today after only 22 days and while I want to be so happy for them, I am having trouble doing so because there's every chance, because of how random interview dates are assigned, that they will get their interview date before me and I've been at NVC so much longer.

I don't know how those of you who have been waiting years do it. I really don't. You have all my best wishes.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I should also make a point of saying it hasn't all been bad. My wife had a huge success today, but I can't be there to celebrate that with her, either and thinking about that is getting me down about all the stresses she's had I haven't been able to help with.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

I didn't get a chance to go through the whole application since the site is under maintenance. But it's important dates, middle names she forgot his parents, wrong previous address etc.

I might be able to take it to the interview, but would like NVC to give an input on what I should do.

Yeah, I saw it's under maintenance. And is meant to be finished by 3/28?? I swear I was on it yesterday or the day before, trying to remember some dates for my new signature. How could they put it under maintenance since then and give a finish date that's in the past? Madness!

I agree that you need to keep calling NVC. That's a lot of information that needs correcting.

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

I should also make a point of saying it hasn't all been bad. My wife had a huge success today, but I can't be there to celebrate that with her, either and thinking about that is getting me down about all the stresses she's had I haven't been able to help with.

Hey, hang in there. I know every delay when you want things to get going is super frustrating. It took us a little over a year, but now that I'm here, it's almost like that time is "forgotten". When you finally get that visa, it feels like a great accomplishment that you put a lot of time and effort into, which you did!

They will book your appointment. And you will get here. Congratulations to your wife for her success too :D you can celebrate in the future. We had to celebrate our first anniversary a few months after the actual date (I'm sure a LOT of us had to!), but it was still good.

You are almost there! Stay positive, who knows if you were already scheduled but have not yet received your letter. And congrats to your Wife.

Go through nvc, the rep said to do a letter for my hubby to take to interview. He believes the mistakes are not major but I need to present the errors before the interview begins.

Now i can breath!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

graphics-hugs-746364.gif

My Dear Sweet Friend, Hugs to you....Please don't be sad. There is always hope things will move along swiftly. Just try to hold on to your love with your husband, and try to stay as busy as possible. You are always in my prayers!

Thank you my angel, I'm trying but I have my some what good and bad days. But I'm doing my best and wont give up. That's what they want us to do to give up and walk away from our loved ones but its not going to happen. Thank you for your prayers you are in mine every day with out fail. (F) (L) (F) Much love and hugs.

After being on hold for 29:10 i finally get a rep and hamg up by mistake lol what a day!

Hahaha join the mush brains thank to this process and it doesn't get any better. :D, just keep calling , praying they do the right thing by you. :)

(F)(L)(F)

I really want an interview date, but I'm starting to think that I won't get one until June. People who were CC a few days before me have their interview dates and they're in late May dates. Hours will start getting cut at work in late April or May and my boss is going to do whatever she can to keep me full time until I leave, but she can't guarantee me anything--there's a girl with more seniority than me who will be done school and therefore has more right to hours. If I don't get enough hours, I won't get enough EI (unemployment) to actually be a contributing member of my household while I find a job. Things are REALLY STRESSFUL for my wife right now and of course I can't be there to help her or hold her hand when things are rough--and things HAVE been rough. I should be grateful because I am fairly sure that they are not bad enough to qualify for an expedite. That would mean things were very bad. But things are bad enough and we won't know to what extent for awhile.

And like rubbing sand in my wound, someone who was EP got CC today after only 22 days and while I want to be so happy for them, I am having trouble doing so because there's every chance, because of how random interview dates are assigned, that they will get their interview date before me and I've been at NVC so much longer.

I don't know how those of you who have been waiting years do it. I really don't. You have all my best wishes.

I was praying you had your interview by now and it should be first come first serve it would only be fair, but nothing in this process is fair. It seems they pick a person to hold back at every bump in the road. And no it's not easy to be truly happy when people get through in 17 to 30 days and your stuck watching everyone go on their merry way. We are only human and no one like to be picked last!

Congratulations to your wife and it's not your fault your not there it's Immigrations, you will be there for the next one.

Hang in there your close just keep calling don't leave it up to them, let them know your still around, your in my prayers my dear friend. :)(F) (L) (F)

I'll tell you this is not for my family here, I would pack up my things, my pets and move to Egypt, but I can't. :( Or better yet move to Ecuador and live happily in Quito. I love Egypt but it's so HOT and the summer is soooooooooooooooooo long!

Hey, hang in there. I know every delay when you want things to get going is super frustrating. It took us a little over a year, but now that I'm here, it's almost like that time is "forgotten". When you finally get that visa, it feels like a great accomplishment that you put a lot of time and effort into, which you did!

They will book your appointment. And you will get here. Congratulations to your wife for her success too :D you can celebrate in the future. We had to celebrate our first anniversary a few months after the actual date (I'm sure a LOT of us had to!), but it was still good.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart, your done with this process and you still find it in your heart to give us your time and wisdom and that means the world to me. I know life goes on and life has a way to take over yet you are here when your needed and your AMAZING. I thank God for you every night. I respect you beyond words even if you never (hope not) come back to this thread. Your contribution in holding us up when we can no longer stand on our own is a gift from God. Love you dearly, thank you a million, zillion times. (F) (L) (F) :yes:

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Go through nvc, the rep said to do a letter for my hubby to take to interview. He believes the mistakes are not major but I need to present the errors before the interview begins.

Now i can breath!!!

Yes this is all you need but it's best to hear it from them, also don't forget to put all the information in that letter no matter how redundant it feels.

Case number, your spouses D/B everything so they wont reject it. It's best to not give them a reason to make you wait. Now relax :)(F) (L) (F)

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Yes this is all you need but it's best to hear it from them, also don't forget to put all the information in that letter no matter how redundant it feels.

Case number, your spouses D/B everything so they wont reject it. It's best to not give them a reason to make you wait. Now relax :)(F) (L) (F)

Thank you for your kind words and I agree on what you said to ketsuban, so nice to take the time to support others on this journey.

Hello VJ

Just wanted to pass by and thank Soloenta and every single one of you that help me so much in this stressful process I will have you all in my prayers hoping for the best to all of you guys??? My Husband and I had our interview on 3/26 he was Approved his visa was issued on 3/30 and we picked it up on 4/1 we will be leaving to the USA on 4/10 I will keep you all posted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing me say this... and Im sorry, but I dont know if I should worry or not....

Im told to call and get ds261 reviewed to get IV fee invoiced... well I've been calling all week and the only thing they tell me is "is hasn't been added to the case and I can't make any changes"

So do I just keep asking that same thing? or do I sit tight and wait another week?

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2012-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-24

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-03

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015/02/09

NOA2 Email Received: 2015/03/02

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2015/03/06

Case Sent from USCIS: 2015/03/11
NVC Received: 2015/03/17
Case # Assigned: 2015/03/24
DS-261 Completed: 2015/03/28
Paid AOS Fee: 2015/03/30
Sent in AOS and IV Package: 2015/04/01
Case Accepted for Expedite: 2015/05/05
Case Forwarded to Consulate: 2015/05/07
Completed DS-260: 2015/05/15
Interview Scheduled: 2015/05/20
Interview: 2015/07/15
event.png

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.