KIMMMMMM

Petitioning Unmarried Daughter with Medical Condition

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

My dad is ready to apply for his Citizenship any time now.

Actually, we already are preparing for his application.

After his citizenship is granted, we are planning on getting my over 21 sister from the Philippines.

I know this process would take years to complete, however, she was recently diagnosed with a heart condition.

She was confined in a hospital in the Philippines and the diagnosis was heart attack.

They were then referred to the Philippine Heart Center in Manila.

Now i've read from the USCIS Website that unmarried sons and daughters can be eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-4 VISA.

My question is this, can we actually ask for an expedited processing for her application and reason that we would want her condition checked in the US?

How long does a K-4 VISA usually take to get approved?

Can my child come to the United States to live while the visa petition Is pending?

If you are a U.S. citizen, once you file Form I-130, your child is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-4 visa. This will entitle him or her to come to the United States to live and work or go to school while the visa petition is pending. To petition for this benefit, you may file Form I-129F. However, you are not required to file Form I-129F and your child does not require a K-4 visa. Your child may wait abroad for immigrant visa processing. Seeking a K-4 visa can be a method for him or her to come to the United States more quickly. For more information, see the “K3-K4 Visa” page.

If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) and you have filed Form I-130 for your child on or before December 21, 2000, your child may be eligible for the V visa classification if more than three years have passed since the I-130 was filed. For more information on V visas, see the “V Nonimmigrant Visas” page.

SOURCE: http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/children/bringing-children-sons-and-daughters-live-united-states-permanent-residents

Thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K4 is not relevant in your situation.

Look up B2 Medical, having said that you should be able to find treatment as good elsewhere for a lot less.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

A K-4 visa is dependent on a K-3 visa to carry it.

A child may be eligible for a K-4 visa if:

• He or she is unmarried, under 21, and the child of a qualified K-3 nonimmigrant visa applicant

Timeline

Sorry it will take years before she can get in the US.

Your dad could've filed for her years ago when he got his GC. Why the wait?

Your $$ are worth more in the Philippines so she can get the best treatment you can afford there rather than in the US.

Good luck.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no, she doesn't qualify for a K4,

the K4 is a derivative of the K3 spouse

if your dad brought your mom with a K3 non immigrant visa and your sister was under 21, she would be a K4

there is no way to go around the waiting period

He can not use K-4 he can apply for her with an I-130 petition under family preference. once case is approve your sister will have to wait for her priority date to become available to get the interview and visa

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-family-member-us-citizen

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Timeline

Sorry it will take years before she can get in the US.

Your dad could've filed for her years ago when he got his GC. Why the wait?

Your $$ are worth more in the Philippines so she can get the best treatment you can afford there rather than in the US.

Good luck.

That's exactly what I told him. I was too young that time barely out of college when he got his GC so I didn't really know anything about the process.

Just got familiar after I got here.

Anyway, so there's nothing else we can do to expedite her application?

Thanks so much for the feedback.

…Thank you so much for all your responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.