22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They claim we didn't send sufficient proof of a bonafide marriage.

They noted we sent:

• Copy of marriage cert.
  • Copy of our joint account bank statement
  • Copy of health insurance
  • Copy of Credit card
  • Copy of lease

all in both our names....

We also sent:

• Tax- married filing separately because I have a business and I didn't want him to partake on any of that. Should I re-send with a later explaining that? His name appears on the tax return.
  • Verizon bill. This has both our names. I don't know why they missed that. Should I re-send?
  • Of course, our ID's showing the same addresses.

Here's the "issue":

• I lost my job in May 2013, when I decided to create a small business. So, aside of the noted above, there's nothing else. In July 2014 we moved to an apartment rented by my own mother. I failed to add an affidavit from her stating that we both live there and that we're paying her rent which includes utilities. Should I include that with the RFE?
  • Now I'm working, so I can print out the pay stubs with the new address and explain away my unemployment.
  • We do not have a car.
  • I do not have a 401K, he does. I asked him to add me.

I will ask for:

• Letters stating our marriage

What else should I add?

Please help...... any ideas?

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You say 'copy of' for the things you sent. Did you only send one each? You need to send in proof that spans the entire length of your marriage, such as quarterly statements from joint accounts since the time you opened them together.

Yes, resend the tax transcripts. You should have more than one year's worth to send. Your timeline says you married in 2012. Married filing separately should be fine. It is the filing married part that counts.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Did you send only 1 banks statement, 1 utility bill and 1 year of taxes ? I think you need at least every second bank statement, utility bill covering 2 years, and 2 years of tax transcripts.

Durable power of attorney ?

Credit card statements at least every second one covering 2 years period. ?

Wills ?

Gym membership ?

Costco membership ?

Doctors office registration forms where he shows you his emergency contact , and in reverse.

Greeting cards to both of you

I would definitely add statement from mother she is renting apartment to both of you and proof of payments if possible.

Pictures ?

Anything joined will work. We even send dog insurance, every year renewal forms. Vet bills.

Edited by Taureti

ROC VSC mailed 5/7/14

NOA1 5/9

Check cashed 5/14

Biometrics current

RFE dated 12/18

RFE mailed 1/20

Approved 2/2 ! ( letter came from the local office)

Card received 2/17/15 !!!!

Timeline

You say 'copy of' for the things you sent. Did you only send one each? You need to send in proof that spans the entire length of your marriage, such as quarterly statements from joint accounts since the time you opened them together.

Yes, resend the tax transcripts. You should have more than one year's worth to send. Your timeline says you married in 2012. Married filing separately should be fine. It is the filing married part that counts.

I sent copies from when we got married until the month we sent the packet. I will re-send the taxes and add a letter and highlight our names. I think the issue is form July 2014 until now, the living situation. I will have my mother write a letter with receipts of payment, up until this month.

What else?

Timeline

Did you send only 1 banks statement, 1 utility bill and 1 year of taxes ? I think you need at least every second bank statement, utility bill covering 2 years, and 2 years of tax transcripts. I sent form 2012 until 2014

Durable power of attorney ? What is this for?

Credit card statements at least every second one covering 2 years period. ? Sent

Wills ? None

Gym membership ? He goes to one gym and I go to another

Costco membership ? None

Doctors office registration forms where he shows you his emergency contact , and in reverse. Didn't think of this. I will ask tomorrow.

Greeting cards to both of you

I would definitely add statement from mother she is renting apartment to both of you and proof of payments if possible. Definitely.

Pictures ? Sent

Anything joined will work. We even send dog insurance, every year renewal forms. Vet bills.

I'm feeling better now. Please, any ideas are welcomed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You should send the certified copy of the marriage certificate ( with the seal on it) to be safe. Good Luck

You absolutely do not need to send that.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Create wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. These are excellent evidence for ROC and are even more valuable in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Proofs that add a lot of value:

1) Photographs of any vacations

2) Vacation Flight tickets

3) I feel this adds a lot of value - Affidavits from two people(US Citizens/Permanents residents) who know both you and your spouse personally and can affirm that your marriage is the real thing. (This needs to be detailed, containing information on who the person is, the persons address, how they know you, and how exactly theyre able to speak to the validity of your marriage.)

4) Pictures of Valentine/Birthday/anniversary gifts, their receipts.

5) Greeting cards

6) if you have any kids then their birth certificates.

I think you DON'T HAVE TO send a certified copy of your marriage. USCIS have a record of it and verify it online in their database.

Good Luck! and send it before the due date. I hear some people in this forum sending it after the due date and their GC gets cancelled.

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Timeline

You should send the certified copy of the marriage certificate ( with the seal on it) to be safe. Good Luck

Why? What for?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I did it to make sure there was no problem with it. Everything went fine with ours No RFE, that's why. Better safe than sorry. and it was nothing to include it so nothing lost

Why? What for?

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

They claim we didn't send sufficient proof of a bonafide marriage.

They noted we sent:

• Copy of marriage cert.
  • Copy of our joint account bank statement
  • Copy of health insurance
  • Copy of Credit card
  • Copy of lease

all in both our names....

We also sent:

• Tax- married filing separately because I have a business and I didn't want him to partake on any of that. Should I re-send with a later explaining that? His name appears on the tax return.
  • Verizon bill. This has both our names. I don't know why they missed that. Should I re-send?
  • Of course, our ID's showing the same addresses.

Here's the "issue":

• I lost my job in May 2013, when I decided to create a small business. So, aside of the noted above, there's nothing else. In July 2014 we moved to an apartment rented by my own mother. I failed to add an affidavit from her stating that we both live there and that we're paying her rent which includes utilities. Should I include that with the RFE?
  • Now I'm working, so I can print out the pay stubs with the new address and explain away my unemployment.
  • We do not have a car.
  • I do not have a 401K, he does. I asked him to add me.

I will ask for:

• Letters stating our marriage

What else should I add?

Please help...... any ideas?

In the same boat. I think the suggestions given are about the same as I got - especially the letters from friends. I didn't do that the first time. Also, with the rental situation from your mother, definitely include a letter explaining that or have her write something up stating that you both live together etc.

Question: Should you resubmit the docs you sent the first time, or just the new items?

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just the new items.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I did it to make sure there was no problem with it. Everything went fine with ours No RFE, that's why. Better safe than sorry. and it was nothing to include it so nothing lost

Marriage certificate is not required for ROC, and it is not a document that would help prove your marriage is bona fide. I am sure you were approved based on the evidence you sent that did prove your marriage was bona fide, and not because you included an unnecessary document.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Marriage certificate is not required for ROC, and it is not a document that would help prove your marriage is bona fide. I am sure you were approved based on the evidence you sent that did prove your marriage was bona fide, and not because you included an unnecessary document.

My bad, I meant AOS. We haven't been approved for ROC yet, been waiting 6 and a half months : ( I was thinking this was about AOS thats whenI sent marriage certificate. Sorry i've finally lost it agter all this waiting Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.