nate and riyn

feeling frustrated. october filer in nebraska service center

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. anybody who are October filer here, process their petition in Nebraska service center who are already approved? its gonna be 5th month this month and i haven't heard anything from them. IR2 visa here, husband is petitioning my son. Hopefully before the month ends we will be able to hear anything from them. because we were hoping he'll start his school here by august.

585nbjc5r.png

We filed at the beginning of July and Nebraska was running just over 5.5 months. Then it is about two weeks to get it to the NVC. Then 35 days to get your numbers (they said 42 days but we got an email on day 35). Then a couple days to get your AOS bill/receipt....that is as far as we have made it so far....

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was September 3rd got mine six months to the day on March 3rd I haven't seen them finish up with the end of September yet even . It's depressing I know .

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

so I shouldn't expect exact 5months for a reply then :( so depressing.. BTW, im the mother and my husband is the USC, and we both are here in America now, my son who is the beneficiary, during the DS3032, CAN I SIGN THAT FORM IN MY SON'S BEHALF? thank you for ya'll reply.

585nbjc5r.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate to be a party pooper, but if your son is awaiting a visa and your NOA1 is in October, it is very unlikely you will have him there by August. If IR2 follows the same NVC process as CR1/IR1, then you're looking at about two months after NOA2 to get a case number at NVC, up to another month for invoicing and then sixty plus days (over two months) for case complete. Then you have to wait for interview at the consulate/embassy. NVC alone will take about 5+ months, bringing you into august just to get Case Complete at NVC, assuming you got NOA2 tomorrow.

Unless IR2 visas bypass NVC in some way, I would assume that you are looking at September, October or November for your son to move to the US and would plan accordingly.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi

i saw some people in Sept filers jumping the dates. They were Sept 24, 26 and they got noa2 earlier than our Sept 9.

We got it on march 6th ... They kept on calling and they were able to charm the person on phone and raise service request

you too try that ... Good luck

Hi folks. I am a sept 30th filer, my priority day is Oct. 3 en let me tell you we have not been approved yet we havent even been able to see our case online. When my husband calls they just say our case is fine but it has not been proccesed yet and we gonna be able to see the case online when they take the decision (approval o denial). My husband called on February 20th and they said in around a month we were going to get some news. 5.5 months or 6 months. NVC taske from 4 to 5 months without checklist.

I am in Nebraska Service Center too.

We are in Nebraska Service Center too. The Slowest one BTW

Sorry, although there is generally an order, unfortunately there's not really much rhyme or reason as to why some people get approved faster than others. I filed my I-130 in December 2013 and it took nearly eleven months to get approved at Nebraska. I got an RFE for missing photos (I am 100% sure they were included in our original packet btw). Some people get that and get their approval the week after they send the RFE response. We had to wait over two months for them to to finally approve us after that. In contrast, my friend filed an I-130 December 2014 and got their NOA2 in January! I spoke to a tier 2 supervisor towards the end of our wait for I-130 approval and she told us that neither I nor my husband had any 'red flags' or security issues. So why the long wait? Who knows!

I'm not saying it will take as long for you (almost certainly not), but unfortunately a big part of this process is being patient.

On the positive side though, once it has been over 5 months I think you can file an inquiry. You can also call Nebraska and ask to speak to a tier 2 supervisor who might be able to give you some information. You can also get your congress people involved. Also USCIS has cleared most of its backlog (which I was stuck in, and am now apparently stuck in the backlog that has moved to NVC, arrgh) so it probably won't be too much longer.

Hang in there!

My husband have talked twice with a Tier2 supervisor they just said our case is fine but had not been proccesed yet. That we may got our approval in around 1 month. It is like on March 20th or 25th. If we dont get our approval by that time we gonna make a 2nd inquiry, we were able to make an inquiry cuz our case does not show up online. Anyways my husband is calling next Tuesday to press them. I saw someone from oct 30th at nebraska service center that got his approval on March 8th lolz this is crazy. He or she was from algeria. I saw it on ***removed***

As I say, no rhyme or reason! I see people who filed months after me have finished this whole stupid process, it's very frustrating! (Although I am actually happy for those people.) I'm feeling particularly down about it at the moment because we are so close to being done and we just got a checklist for some really stupid things and that pushes everything back further.

But one thing that has always cheered me up is looking on VJ at other people ranting about the same thing because in nearly all cases eventually their case moves forward and they get the visa. We will get there!

Edited by Mellylamelle

so I shouldn't expect exact 5months for a reply then :( so depressing.. BTW, im the mother and my husband is the USC, and we both are here in America now, my son who is the beneficiary, during the DS3032, CAN I SIGN THAT FORM IN MY SON'S BEHALF? thank you for ya'll reply.

Hi, the DS-3032 is no longer used, it is now the DS-261. This is because it is now online and not a paper form. And yes, you can do this on his behalf.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a Nebraska filer with PD of August 4, 2014. Still waiting. We were placed on hold due to background and security checks pending.

I think for you it will take a little longer still.. but hopefully not that long. Just keep calling USCIS.

Best,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.