gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Your in the system))). Don't we all just love "hurry up and wait" :clock:

Are you able to view your status online? I'm still not able to view the status, so I called the number that it says to call and unfortunately I called after 6pm, but I checked my status over the automated system and it said the receipt number isn't in the system or something. But when I added the number to the account it created online, it shows as though it's valid and it says it was last updated on the 20th. :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Its the same with our case. Dont stress it :-) it just takes a while i suppose to put it all in their system. If you look at our timeline, its almost three weeks since receipt on NOA1, so one should think we would be able to see our case, but the fact is, its just sitting there on a desk. And as soon as someone "touches" it, you will be able to see it. Just do what i do, check 100 times a day hehe :-) Either we get an approval or we get an RFE.. But untill then theres nothing to see on our case :-) i was stressed out the first week after, thinking they lost our case or smt! But i pressume thats normal! I hope you all have a good day whereever you all are! Camilla

I cant see our case when i do Track your case on USCIS, but when i created a profile and added our reciept number its there. So i stopped worrying after that! Camilla:)

Is there somewhere else we can check the status online or is that the "Check your Case Status Online" https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

?

Signature coming soon...

My fiancee received a text from USCIS today! NOA1 :)

That was fast! We sent the package March 21, NOA1 march 26.

Hoping NOA2 won't take too long now.

Hello Everyone, we are March filers as well. Sent package on 3/13, USPS delivered on 3/16, USCIS received 3/17, text/email NOA1 on 3/20, received hardcopy NOA1 on 3/26 that says our Notice Date was 3/19.

I also checked our case on USCIS web site and it gives the message unable to display with the number to call. Thanks to the tip in this thread I set up an account and I can see it was last updated on 3/23.

Best of luck to everyone on their journey and thanks for sharing such great information. I am not sure why but knowing this information seems to make the process a little easier.

Hey everyone, we just filed our petition on 3/25 and it was delivered by USPS today (3/27). Waiting for our NOA1 now! Hope this will be a smooth journey for everyone here.

ROC Timeline
04/02/18 ~ I-751 mailed

04/04/18 ~ I-751 delivered 

04/16/18 ~ Cheque cashed

04/17/18 ~ NOA1 received

04/24/19 ~ I-751 approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just received my noticed 3/27/2015 from USCIS saying my case has been accepted and it now has been routed to California Service Center.

K1 VISA

• 03.21.15 -- I-129F Filled
  • 03.27.15 -- I-129F Notifications
  • 03.24.15 -- NOA1
  • 04.30.15 -- NOA2
  • 05.04.15 -- NOA2 (hardcopy)
  • 05.12.15 -- NVC Received
  • 05.15.15 -- Left NVC
  • 05.18.15 -- Consulate Received
  • 05.31.15 -- Packet 3 & 4
  • 06.08.15 -- Medical Appointment (passed)
  • 06.24.15 -- Consulate Interview (passed) :dancing:
  • 07.07.15 -- Visa Received
  • 07.08.15 -- US Entry
  • 08.29.15 -- Married (L)(F)

AOS

• 10.08.15 -- Packet Mailed (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 10.13.15 -- Chicago Lackbox Received
  • 10.23.15 -- Received 3 Notifications(txt/e-mail)
  • 10.29.15 -- NOA1 Mail Received (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 11.06.15 -- Biometrics Schedule Received on mail (11.17.15)
  • 11.17.15 -- Biometrics done!
  • 12.15.15 -- AOS Approved!
  • 12.22.15 -- Green Card Received! :dancing:

Since the USCIS is transferring K-1 petitions to CSC, I am wondering how that will affect our petitions. Will ours take longer to get to, since some of the incoming petitions are older than ours? I don't want to be too selfish and say that I want my petitions worked before the others that have been waiting longer, but I hope we (the March filers) aren't waiting too long because of the transfer! Either way, I am really glad that this transfer is happening!!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-within-service-center-operations

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Very interesting that some of you who are from Texas and Alabama who are non Philippines are getting shifted to California. Last year they shifted a number of TSC applications in March, April and May to California. This is a sign the "Visa Gods" are smiling on you and that all of us may see expedited approvals. The charts last year say that when they did this it make the time from NOA1 to NOA2 go to 150 days for TSC applications.

This is a good trend and please any of you who read this who apply from Southern or Eastern states please let us know if you get shifted to CSC. THIS IS GOOD FOR ALL OF US!

K-1 Journey

2/27/2015: Sent I-129F to Black Hole in Texas:
3/13/2015 NOA1 Received by snail mail:
8/18 2015 ; NOA2 APPROVED. Perfect timing since Linh's current B1/B2 visa stay expires in 3 days and heads back to Vietnam
8/24/2015: NOA2 Shipped to Department of State (DOS) - National Visa Center (NVC)
9/1/2015: NVC Received NOA2 Package and have assigned a Case Number!
9/22/2015: Received PKT3... Finally..... Can now make appointment for Medical Examination
9/28/2015: Medical Exam - Took 3 days... Cho Ray is a mess. Vaccinations delayed until passing Interview because of shortage of vaccinations in Vietnam
10/7/2015: Interview at Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and APPROVED!!!!
10/22/2015 K1 Visa in hand. Son's K2 visa only valid for 6 months (W-T-F-?) Thought good for 1 year. Inquire at consulate and told visa good only as long as the medical which is 6 months K2 VISAS NOT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR AS ADVERTISED ON DOS WEBSITE!
10/29/2015 POE Chicago; Easiest pass through for Linh in her 4 previous entries.
11/2/2015: Not tuned in enough to Social Security not to pick "the first day of the month" to try to get signed up. Read VJ advice, it's spot on, we had a processor who knew K1. We were in the SAVE database in 3 days so it was easy after a 2 hour wait.
11/21/2015: MARRIED IN GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Wife on K-1 Visa

12/8/2015 Completed 4 days of torture to get Vaccine Verification from Civil Surgeon

12/9/2015 Package with Applications Sent FedEx Overnight to Chicago confirmed received 12/10/2015

12/14/2015 Received 3 Emails with Acceptance confirmation of 3 applications all received 12/10/2015. Check cashed

12/18/2015 NOA1 for all 3 applications received by snail mail. NOA 1 date of 12/10/2015

12/31/2015 Received I-797C letter for Biometric Appointment on 1/11/2016 in Nashville instead of Memphis Yea!

1/6/2016 Biometric Appointment Walk IN - DONE

1/14/2016 Received a I-797C letter dated 1/9/2016 that we DO NOT need to do biometrics, already have enough information in the system from previous entries (Likely from B1/B2 visa last year)

2/9/2016 I-765 EAD DENIED But... a minute later....

2/9/2016 I-485 Application CARD ORDERED on 2/6/2016

2/10/2016 GREEN CARD SHIPPED on 2/9/2016 2/11/2016 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!! RECORD TIME 62 DAYS

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Son on K-2 Visa

3/16/2016 All arrive in Chicago from Vietnam. Son passes customs with flying colors. Wife is delayed for 3.5 hours. Homeland Security lets us go with no questions... amazing. We miss our connections and get home thankfully at 1AM

4/11/2016 Package with Applications Send Fed Ex Overnight to Chicago and FedEx confirms delivery on 4/12/2016

4/26/2016 Received 3 emails and 3 text with Acceptance of confirmation of 3 applications. NOA1 Date 4/25/2016 WHAT IS GOING ON CHICAGO? Took 10 days longer than last time to just receive mail

4/27/2016 Check is cashed. Still can't look up Receipt Numbers on Case Status online at USCIS.GOV WHAT IS GOING ON?????

5/25/2016 Walk in for a "junior" Biometrics for an 11 year old (supposedly not required). Oops wrote down the wrong day, appointment was for 5/23/2016. USCIS office was nice and accepted us 2 days late.

7/13/2016 Finally the Check Status Website worked. Approved EAD and AP. Website still not working on AOS Green Card Application. No email notification at all....

7/15/2016 Card for EAD mailed. Card is for both EAD and AP. Received 7/19/2016. Waiting now for AOS Interview or Green Card Approval

7/19/2016 The USCIS.GOV is now working for our AOS application. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Seems others have access to USCIS.GOV Check Case now. Glitch fixed?

8/15/2016 I-485 Approved. Status now Card/Document Production

8/20/2016 GREEN CARD DELIVERED -118 Days K-2 Process complete, see y'all on Lifting Conditions board in a year or so

A lot of us are waiting to see what the USCIS service center transfer will change the flow of cases. How many TSC cases will go (some are wondering if TSC cases will be transferred)? What months will be transferred? Will the CSC cases need to wait for the older TSC cases first or will they all be worked side by side?

I actually used my mother's address in Arizona as my mailing address (used my residential Texas address also), so our petition was sent to CSC. Some others on the transfer thread are reporting that they should have been TSC, but were sent to CSC directly - others are not getting that same treatment.

I'm glued to this site to check on the progress! No one can control what will happen, but we sure would like to get an idea of when we can get our NOA2!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm glued to this site to check on the progress! No one can control what will happen, but we sure would like to get an idea of when we can get our NOA2!

No one knows and no one can predict.

Use the "Immigration Timelines" resource in the site and use the filters for CSC and ALL countries. If you have trouble doing it, use this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=4&op2=d&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California%20Service%20Center&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=0

By using this filter and checking NOA2's that people have reported, the most recent NOA2 are on 3/24 and 3/25 that were NOA1 on 3/3. Our NOA1 was issued on 3/10 and there are two NOA1 shown with 3/9 dates that were NOA2 on 2/20. 11 days.

It seems that if you were to look at the average of the last 10-20 NOA2 from CSC they seem to be on a 14-21 day average.

Having said this, these most recent approvals this week on 3/24 and 3/25 were only three weeks from their NOA1 on 3/3. There's no way right now to see how this purported transfer of files from TSC to CSC will affect the approval timeframes at CSC. Give it 30 days to get a better sample size and see if there is any effect.

Finally, my educated guess would be that the existing files at TSC will remain at TSC and any new files that would normally get routed to TSC will get routed to CSC unitil TSC handles its backlog. Those files would then get in the same line for processing as the files that are normally being routed to CSC. It appears that CSC is better managed and their reward for having their act together is more work.

In case any of you don't understand the mentality of the government worker, a large pile of files on your desk = job security.

Edited by gtessier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.