gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Couldn't find my visa status at CEAC, its not the case number given at USCIS, right? How do I get the number I can track the visa status?

Right, it's the NVC case number, beginning with the three letters for your embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Right, it's the NVC case number, beginning with the three letters for your embassy.

And if NVC did not get my info and I do not have NVC case number, I have to wait, right? :(

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

And if NVC did not get my info and I do not have NVC case number, I have to wait, right? :(

Right. Did you just get your NOA2? I called NVC starting a week after I got mine and exactly 2 weeks later they received the packet (this past Friday). Then, I called yesterday, no number, and today, boom - number. That's he number I put in to CEAC and it said "At NVC."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Awww, that's awesome that he'll be there with you soon!!!! I know what you mean about your sister and niece - it's going to be hard on my fiance's family, especially his Mom. I know they're really happy for us and have welcomed me into the family, but it's still going to be really hard for them that he's not there. I won't be able to wear any makeup at the airport because it will all go streaming down my face, I'm sure with all the tears! That's good that you've already made the trip quite a lot, this time it will be one way!!!! (L) We're really hoping to come home before Ramadan starts on June 18th, but that might be tight. If not, I'll stay there in Morocco until the end of Ramadan on July 17th and then we'll come home! We're actually moving up north when he gets here for my new teaching job, so I definitely don't want him fasting and moving, wayyyyyy too stressful! It's all so surreal, I won't believe it until he's actually here, though! :)

Lordy, I hope so!!!! You're due for yours!!!!

hopefully his family can come and visit you guys! My family is coming in August for the wedding and im so excited! My parents have already last year visited my and Todd and stayed with us while i was there for 3 months again. My sister im sure will feel better when she can visualize it all since she hasnt seen our home and where ive been living with todd for the past 3 years every 3 months. So im hoping it will help her missing ❤️But for sure, the beneficiarys have something to deal with no matter what regarding the family and friends in home country. But i couldnt imagine to spend my life anywhere else than with todd overthere at our place. Aww sounds like a good plan for if you get your case soon or if its later! How long are you able to stay in morocco? ❤️Im a teacher too! ?will be years im sure untill i get to teach again but its okay. Thats part of all this and worth it to marry my soulmate!! But yeah prepare for a teary departure, but again it will be a happy day!! You guys can finally be together forever and his family will still be there to visit you guys hopefully! ? im looking forward to no more heartbreaking goodbyes with fiance in airport soon! I still feel for the TSC. Cant imagine theyre heartache over the almost 1 year of waiting for noa2. ❤️ Sleep well all of you! Hugs from here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

out notice date was april 6th.. some people are getting their NOA2's and our case has no movement since april 14th.. waiting waiting.... :sleepy::crying::luv::clock::clock::clock:

Mine was March 30th, but I just checked and there are only 4 with the same date waiting so it slowly clears. :)

Click for K1 info

03/25/2015...........Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
03/30/2015...........Electronic NOA1 ( sent to CSC )
05/08/2015...........Electronic NOA2 ( approved !! )
05/27/2015...........NVC received
05/29/2015...........NVC case# assigned
06/03/2015...........In transit to Kiev
06/09/2015...........Status Ready (received email from consulate)
07/03/2015...........Medical
07/09/2015...........Interview (Administrative Processing for missing Canadian Police Certificate)
07/30/2015...........Delivered Canadian Police Certificate to Embassy
07/31/2015...........Approved!!!
08/04/2015...........Visa in Hand!
08/07/2015...........Entry into US :D
08/28/2015...........Married!!

AOS

01/20/2016..........AOS package arrived
01/22/2016..........Electronic NOA1 (3)
01/27/2016..........NOA1 letters arrive
02/05/2016..........Biometrics letter received
02/19/2016..........Biometrics appointment

04/01/2016..........EAD and AP approved

04/04/2016..........Green Card Approved

04/06/2016..........EAD and Green Card Mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

out notice date was april 6th.. some people are getting their NOA2's and our case has no movement since april 14th.. waiting waiting.... :sleepy::crying::luv::clock::clock::clock:

mine was March 27th and since April 3d not touched anymore

just checked mine with March 27th are with me just 3 left so me and 2 others :D

Edited by Sabrina&Chuck

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just received text msg that there is an update on my case... IT IS APPROVED !!!! please tell me know what i have to wait for and do????

wait 2 weeks and call NVC to get your case number

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

I don't know if this helps anyone with their planning, forecasting, strategizing, etc, but I was surprised to have my NVC hardcopy letter today! Ironically, it says that our petition can take several weeks to get to the embassy, but um, it arrived yesterday...

what do they ask? existing USCIS case number? and then?

Beneficiary name and date of birth. DO NOT FORGET the DOB!

I think you need to know your name too, but you may have that one covered!! :rofl:

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Awww, that's awesome that he'll be there with you soon!!!! I know what you mean about your sister and niece - it's going to be hard on my fiance's family, especially his Mom. I know they're really happy for us and have welcomed me into the family, but it's still going to be really hard for them that he's not there. I won't be able to wear any makeup at the airport because it will all go streaming down my face, I'm sure with all the tears! That's good that you've already made the trip quite a lot, this time it will be one way!!!! (L) We're really hoping to come home before Ramadan starts on June 18th, but that might be tight. If not, I'll stay there in Morocco until the end of Ramadan on July 17th and then we'll come home! We're actually moving up north when he gets here for my new teaching job, so I definitely don't want him fasting and moving, wayyyyyy too stressful! It's all so surreal, I won't believe it until he's actually here, though! :)

Lordy, I hope so!!!! You're due for yours!!!!

Congratulations on your new teaching job! I've been accepted to join Teach for America in Milwqukee next year (I'm finishing a graduate math degree between now and then), so my fiance--or should I say husband?--will be moving shortly after he comes to the States as well. I'm hoping things at TSC speed up somewhat, though; I had really wanted him to have the chance to get to know my family more before we move, but at the current rate, that's looking unlikely.

hopefully his family can come and visit you guys! My family is coming in August for the wedding and im so excited! My parents have already last year visited my and Todd and stayed with us while i was there for 3 months again. My sister im sure will feel better when she can visualize it all since she hasnt seen our home and where ive been living with todd for the past 3 years every 3 months. So im hoping it will help her missing ❤️But for sure, the beneficiarys have something to deal with no matter what regarding the family and friends in home country. But i couldnt imagine to spend my life anywhere else than with todd overthere at our place. Aww sounds like a good plan for if you get your case soon or if its later! How long are you able to stay in morocco? ❤️Im a teacher too! ?will be years im sure untill i get to teach again but its okay. Thats part of all this and worth it to marry my soulmate!! But yeah prepare for a teary departure, but again it will be a happy day!! You guys can finally be together forever and his family will still be there to visit you guys hopefully! ? im looking forward to no more heartbreaking goodbyes with fiance in airport soon! I still feel for the TSC. Cant imagine theyre heartache over the almost 1 year of waiting for noa2. ❤️ Sleep well all of you! Hugs from here!

There's a lot of teachers among us. Makes me wonder what everyone else does?

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

I don't know if this helps anyone with their planning, forecasting, strategizing, etc, but I was surprised to have my NVC hardcopy letter today! Ironically, it says that our petition can take several weeks to get to the embassy, but um, it arrived yesterday...

Beneficiary name and date of birth. DO NOT FORGET the DOB!

I think you need to know your name too, but you may have that one covered!! :rofl:

Received the hard copy last week. Apparently we work faster than they do. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.