clairainette

March 2015 AOS Filers

1,306 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are back from our interview with ... <drum roll, please> ... an RFE.

Waw waw.

It seems my penchant for beating deadlines (I'm a writer) has caught up with me. Not all of our paperwork has (somehow) made it from POE to Spokane. It's kind of baffling, considering Oroville and Spokane are only a 4.5-hour drive apart.

In any case, I have to do the medical all over again and we're sinking another $215 (at minimum) into the process.

Otherwise, Officer St. John (Jean?) was lovely. She only confirmed the information on my I-485 application and confirmed a series of questions from the DS-260. She asked us nothing personal and didn't ask for any evidence of our relationship.

I am approved, pending a new medical.

Do not, however, take this as gospel for your own interview. Be prepared for the worst, leave happy if no questions are asked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Waw waw.

It seems my penchant for beating deadlines (I'm a writer) has caught up with me. Not all of our paperwork has (somehow) made it from POE to Spokane. It's kind of baffling, considering Oroville and Spokane are only a 4.5-hour drive apart.

In any case, I have to do the medical all over again and we're sinking another $215 (at minimum) into the process.

Otherwise, Officer St. John (Jean?) was lovely. She only confirmed the information on my I-485 application and confirmed a series of questions from the DS-260. She asked us nothing personal and didn't ask for any evidence of our relationship.

Do not, however, take this as gospel for your own interview. Be prepared for the worst, leave happy if no questions are asked.

Congrats in advance!

Waw waw.

Well that's annoying, but at least you're approved. Congrats! (F)

They mailed my EAD card today, I can't wait to get it :goofy: Do you guys know if i can start work right away, or do i have to go change the name on my social security card first?

19 May 2014: Met

25 Sept 2014: Got Engaged

K1 and AOS:

Spoiler

K-1 Visa:                                                                      AOS:

24 Oct 2014: Mailed I-129f                                                                                                  25 Feb 2015: Mailed AOS package

29 Oct 2014: NOA1                                                                                                                    04 March 2015: Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

31 Oct 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed                                                  10 March 2015: AOS/EAD NOA Hardcopy

05 Nov 2014: NOA1 Hard Copy                                                                               19 March 2015: RFE

10 Nov 2014: NOA2                                                                                                 23 March 2015: Biometrics

17 Nov 2014: NOA2 Hard Copy                                                                                24 March 2015: Received RFE letter

24-25 Nov 2014: NVC Received and Case Number Assigned                                     6 April 2015: AP NOA Hardcopy

28 Nov 2014: NVC Left                                                                                            15 May 2015: Mailed RFE response

01 Dec 2014: Consulate received                                                                              19 May 2015: RFE Response Received

08 Dec 2014: Packet 3 Received                                                                                             27 May 2015: EAD/AP Approved

05 Jan 2015: Medical exam                                                                                      03 June 2015: EAD/AP Approval Hardcopy

08 Jan 2015: Interview APPROVED!                                                                         04 June 2015: EAD/AP Combo card in hands

13 Jan 2015: Visa in hands                                                                                        27 June 2015; NPIW letter

26 Jan 2015: PoE (Minneapolis)                                                                                20 Aug 2015: AOS APPROVED! 

18 Feb 2015: Marriage                                                                                              24 Aug 2015: Welcome Notice received

29 Aug 2015: Green card mailed

02 Sep 2015: Green card in hands

ROC:

28 July 2017: Mailed ROC package

31 July 2017: NOA1

~ Many months of nothing ~

12 April 2018: Biometrics waived

29 October 2018 ROC APPROVED! :)

So it's been 72 days and nothing with no RFE's. I think I'll wait til the end of the week to call but where do I find the number?

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So it's been 72 days and nothing with no RFE's. I think I'll wait til the end of the week to call but where do I find the number?

72 or 73 was the lucky day for me. Hopefully you won't have to call but here you go: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Filed: Timeline

Well that's annoying, but at least you're approved. Congrats! (F)

They mailed my EAD card today, I can't wait to get it :goofy: Do you guys know if i can start work right away, or do i have to go change the name on my social security card first?

The names on EAD and Social Security Card are supposed to match. So if you have your EAD in your married name, you gotta go back first to the SSA office and request a new SSC.

"If your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, has been pending more than 75 days, you may contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 and ask that an Approaching Regulatory Timeframe service request be created."

Read more here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Good luck!

Waw waw.

Congratulations! :)

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The names on EAD and Social Security Card are supposed to match. So if you have your EAD in your married name, you gotta go back first to the SSA office and request a new SSC.

I have the same question in mind. So does it mean you can't start working until your SS card matches your EAD?

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

03-12-2015: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox Facility via USPS 2-Day Priority Mail

03-14-2015: Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL; USCIS closed since it was Saturday

03-16-2015: AOS Packet DELIVERED

03-23-2015: Text/ Email Notification: Notice of Acceptance

03-28-2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP & EAD received in the mail

04-03-2015: Notice of Appointment for Biometrics on the 14th of April at 11 a.m

04-10-2015: Biometrics taken (walk-in)

06-08-2015: EAD Approval Notice received in the mail

06-10-2015: EAD/AP in hand

06-25-2015: Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. It hits 78days from my noa1 date. :clock:

I just called USCIS to request an inquiry for my EAD (http://www.uscis.gov...ng-more-75-days). So we will see if it works or not.

They asked me bunch of questions such as my case#, phone#, address, name, e-mail address and so on.

And I was told that i should call them back if I still don't hear anything in 30days.

All we can do is just waiting i guess!

I just called USCIS to request an inquiry ! I hope i can hear something soon too! :dancing:

Hi there, it's been 77 days now for my EAD APPLICATION that's why gave it a shot and called USCIS earlier. The representative whom I talked to created a service request for my application.

I was wondering, did you receive anything on your email after you call them?

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

03-12-2015: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox Facility via USPS 2-Day Priority Mail

03-14-2015: Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL; USCIS closed since it was Saturday

03-16-2015: AOS Packet DELIVERED

03-23-2015: Text/ Email Notification: Notice of Acceptance

03-28-2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP & EAD received in the mail

04-03-2015: Notice of Appointment for Biometrics on the 14th of April at 11 a.m

04-10-2015: Biometrics taken (walk-in)

06-08-2015: EAD Approval Notice received in the mail

06-10-2015: EAD/AP in hand

06-25-2015: Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case in the mail

I have the same question in mind. So does it mean you can't start working until your SS card matches your EAD?

Based on the research I have done, it depends on the employer. But since there is a background check done to verify data about the immigrant, I would think some problems could arise if names on EAD and SSC do not match. Your SSN is yours forever, but now it is still associated with you maiden name. I will start working once I receive my SSC in my married name.

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi there, it's been 77 days now for my EAD APPLICATION that's why gave it a shot and called USCIS earlier. The representative whom I talked to created a service request for my application.

I was wondering, did you receive anything on your email after you call them?

I called yesterday for the same reason, I received an email this morning that was just a transcript of the service request to confirm it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Waw waw.

Well, that's a bummer. But also, YAY!

As always, this process doesn't disappoint in being an emotional roller coaster.

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.