610 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good luck!! I'm praying for you guys!

Hey everyone...tomorrow is our big day...HUBBYS INTERVIEW ! We have a lot of nerves going tonight but I think we are fully prepared. Please say a prayer or send positive thoughts our way. Sooooooo many emotions right now,scared,anxious,happy excited,nervous...exhausted. So ready to have this process over and done .

I am drained ...and off to bed early...we need a good nights sleep tonight if possible.

418933po2iffucxb.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone...tomorrow is our big day...HUBBYS INTERVIEW ! We have a lot of nerves going tonight but I think we are fully prepared. Please say a prayer or send positive thoughts our way. Sooooooo many emotions right now,scared,anxious,happy excited,nervous...exhausted. So ready to have this process over and done .

I am drained ...and off to bed early...we need a good nights sleep tonight if possible.

418933po2iffucxb.gif

Good luck on the interview. I will be praying for your husband.

Hang in there Soloenta. Get a great lawyer to compile your waiver and show those idiots you won't take this lying down. I can't believe making a mistake on a year of birth (isn't there a stereotype about guys forgetting important dates??) and the name of a cat construes misrepresentation. Whoever that CO was, karma will deal with them.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

418933po2iffucxb.gif

Yayyyy the big day has arrived! Sending good thoughts and we will all be here waiting and cheering you on! It's going to be a great day!

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline

Hello friends!

I spoke to NVC tonight (45 min wait...pretty average...) to ask if we have an interview date. No dice yet. Yet another phone rep who doesn't seem to have any information.

I hope they squeeze us in for an April date. I have a really important/special wedding to go to on May 2nd and would love for my husband to be with me.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends!

I spoke to NVC tonight (45 min wait...pretty average...) to ask if we have an interview date. No dice yet. Yet another phone rep who doesn't seem to have any information.

I hope they squeeze us in for an April date. I have a really important/special wedding to go to on May 2nd and would love for my husband to be with me.

Hi! I also just got off a 45 min hold to ask when we might have one scheduled. I just got curious and was hoping they would at least be able to somehow give an X amount of days for my consulate but they didn't know anything. Lol. Oh well, doesn't hurt to try. I hope we get one in April too!

Timeline

Hi! I also just got off a 45 min hold to ask when we might have one scheduled. I just got curious and was hoping they would at least be able to somehow give an X amount of days for my consulate but they didn't know anything. Lol. Oh well, doesn't hurt to try. I hope we get one in April too!

Yeah that's my thought too, it's better trying and not getting anything than just sitting refreshing the email inbox lol Hang in there, I bet we'll hear something soon! :thumbs:

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Yeah that's my thought too, it's better trying and not getting anything than just sitting refreshing the email inbox lol Hang in there, I bet we'll hear something soon! :thumbs:

Just keep on trying. Doing nothing drives you crazy and doing something drives you crazy. I know it is hard.

Timeline

Just keep on trying. Doing nothing drives you crazy and doing something drives you crazy. I know it is hard.

I hope we'll hear something by the end of this week. I keep telling myself "this is the day we'll get a date"

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

I hope we'll hear something by the end of this week. I keep telling myself "this is the day we'll get a date"

I hope so too!! It would be nice to have someone at home with you. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Timeline

Hi Soloenta,

I have google hangout and viber, no skype. I need to buy a camera for my pc and haven't done it yet.

Will life ever be normal? I have no idea. When I keep looking back at the life we used to have it just makes me cry. I wish we could have here what we had abroad. I am beginning to think it will never be. I am sooo tired and lately I have been super depressed. I used to talk to my mom about all of my problems and just about anything and I can't do that anymore. I lost my mother, best friend and psychologist. lol

I just don't know what to do. I really am ready to lie down and just die.

Maybe that should be our title. I am ready to lie down and die if ..............

Sorry had to go grocery shopping and missed talking to my husband so I'm a mess.

Talking about will life ever be normal again, when I was shopping actually my father shops he thinks I'll buy anything so he gets in those sweet little scooters and off he goes to shop. I stayed in the car with my mother and watched all the people walking by not realizing how lucky they are. I saw older women with younger men as happy as can be, older men with younger women, young couples, very old ones and no one cared about that or how odd the over weight lady looked with the really skinny guy. I found myself crying, why can they marry whom they wish and we need daddy to approve if we are truly a couple or not. Something is very wrong here and it's not us. The word that came to mind was tyranny.

tyr·an·ny
ˈtirənē/
noun
noun: tyranny; plural noun: tyrannies
cruel and oppressive government or rule.
"people who survive war and escape tyranny"
synonyms: despotism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, Fascism;
authoritarianism, bullying, severity, cruelty, brutality, ruthlessness
"they will not soon forget his brutal tyranny"
  • a nation under cruel and oppressive government.
  • cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.
    My depression isn't going away any time soon, I can't see the forest from the trees and I need peace for my husband and me. I'm not letting him go and he's not letting me go.
    Sweet heart you don't need a cam for Skype and maybe even a few of us can Skype it actually really helps a lot. So go download Skype it's easy to use and once you do I'll send you my ID. :D
    I do know how you feel, I wish I could go to bed and just never wake up, it's the easy way out but easy seems really good right now

Hang in there Soloenta. Get a great lawyer to compile your waiver and show those idiots you won't take this lying down. I can't believe making a mistake on a year of birth (isn't there a stereotype about guys forgetting important dates??) and the name of a cat construes misrepresentation. Whoever that CO was, karma will deal with them.

Oh sweet heart I'm so happy to see you post, brings tears from my eyes. Yes looking for one now, one I spoke to that apparently lot's of people here use was a bit rude and unfeeling for a women I can understand a man being that way but not a female. So I have my nephew looking he is also a lawyer but not in immigration. Wish he was could save so much but such is life. :( But I'm not letting this go, I may feel like laying down and dying but I wont I have to much to lose.

I pray God rips all these people a new one and my husband was so tired and unfortunately he's one of those people that needs to sleep or he's a mess. He knows the names of all my cats and my birth year, he said his mind just went blank. We don't have any pictures to speak of if we were up to fraud you would think we would know the ropes and have all the evidence they need. We were cluelessly happily living our lives.

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

Hi Soloenta,

I have google hangout and viber, no skype. I need to buy a camera for my pc and haven't done it yet.

Will life ever be normal? I have no idea. When I keep looking back at the life we used to have it just makes me cry. I wish we could have here what we had abroad. I am beginning to think it will never be. I am sooo tired and lately I have been super depressed. I used to talk to my mom about all of my problems and just about anything and I can't do that anymore. I lost my mother, best friend and psychologist. lol

I just don't know what to do. I really am ready to lie down and just die.

Maybe that should be our title. I am ready to lie down and die if ..............

Sorry had to go grocery shopping and missed talking to my husband so I'm a mess.

Talking about will life ever be normal again, when I was shopping actually my father shops he thinks I'll buy anything so he gets in those sweet little scooters and off he goes to shop. I stayed in the car with my mother and watched all the people walking by not realizing how lucky they are. I saw older women with younger men as happy as can be, older men with younger women, young couples, very old ones and no one cared about that or how odd the over weight lady looked with the really skinny guy. I found myself crying, why can they marry whom they wish and we need daddy to approve if we are truly a couple or not. Something is very wrong here and it's not us. The word that came to mind was tyranny.

tyr·an·ny
ˈtirənē/
noun
synonyms: despotism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, Fascism;
    My depression isn't going away any time soon, I can't see the forest from the trees and I need peace for my husband and me. I'm not letting him go and he's not letting me go.
    Sweet heart you don't need a cam for Skype and maybe even a few of us can Skype it actually really helps a lot. So go download Skype it's easy to use and once you do I'll send you my ID. :D
    I do know how you feel, I wish I could go to bed and just never wake up, it's the easy way out but easy seems really good right now

Oh sweet heart I'm so happy to see you post, brings tears from my eyes. Yes looking for one now, one I spoke to that apparently lot's of people here use was a bit rude and unfeeling for a women I can understand a man being that way but not a female. So I have my nephew looking he is also a lawyer but not in immigration. Wish he was could save so much but such is life. :( But I'm not letting this go, I may feel like laying down and dying but I wont I have to much to lose.

I pray God rips all these people a new one and my husband was so tired and unfortunately he's one of those people that needs to sleep or he's a mess. He knows the names of all my cats and my birth year, he said his mind just went blank. We don't have any pictures to speak of if we were up to fraud you would think we would know the ropes and have all the evidence they need. We were cluelessly happily living our lives.

Hello friends!

God willing you will get your interview on time and I know you will get your Visa but am praying for you just the same. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Solenta

Many of us here on VJ can. Understand how our feel. Especially those of us who have battled depression and anxiety. I will say this I completely understand how your husband could have forgotten important information. My husband actually told me several times during his interview he had forgotten important information we had gone over shortly before his interview. It was only by the grace of God the VO interviewing him would cut him off when he began to answer questions, as if the little information he began to tell her was enough to satisfy her. Had your husband lived in a different country the outcome may have been different. Unfortunately, VOs have stereotypical views which very much affect their judgement. In spite of what your going through please be encouraged and be of good cheer. When man says NO, GOD can always say YES. I pray the love and support from friends, family and here at VJ will be enough to uplift you during your time of need. I am praying for you and others who are separated from their spouse due to immigration. I feel in my heart you will see each other again. and when that happens thank God, hold on that much tighter to the ones you love and never let anyone including the government come in between and separate you from one another. Please stay encouraged and know there are people here on VJ who genuinely care about you all. Take things one day at a time and this nightmare will soon be over.pink-happy-heart-smiley-emoticon.png[/urlhappy-butterfly-smiley-emoticon.gif

Timeline

Hello Solenta

Many of us here on VJ can. Understand how our feel. Especially those of us who have battled depression and anxiety. I will say this I completely understand how your husband could have forgotten important information. My husband actually told me several times during his interview he had forgotten important information we had gone over shortly before his interview. It was only by the grace of God the VO interviewing him would cut him off when he began to answer questions, as if the little information he began to tell her was enough to satisfy her. Had your husband lived in a different country the outcome may have been different. Unfortunately, VOs have stereotypical views which very much affect their judgement. In spite of what your going through please be encouraged and be of good cheer. When man says NO, GOD can always say YES. I pray the love and support from friends, family and here at VJ will be enough to uplift you during your time of need. I am praying for you and others who are separated from their spouse due to immigration. I feel in my heart you will see each other again. and when that happens thank God, hold on that much tighter to the ones you love and never let anyone including the government come in between and separate you from one another. Please stay encouraged and know there are people here on VJ who genuinely care about you all. Take things one day at a time and this nightmare will soon be over.pink-happy-heart-smiley-emoticon.png[/urlhappy-butterfly-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thank you my sweet and dear friend for your beautiful words, you really made me feel so much better and so bless for being understood. On behalf of my beloved husband I thank you, he has really been beating himself over this. You are right if in another country non of this would have mattered, a few evil people make all the rest pay for their actions. I have been able to pray in the last couple of days and I'm grateful to that and I hope God in his infinite mercy hears all our prayers. God bless you and your family and thank you for taking the time to come back and support us all.

Love you dearly! Love you all. (L)

I agree my angel but I can't seem to be positive right now, it seems nothing has gone right from the day I put in the I-130 absolutely nothing. But I'll keep trying to be positive. Much love and hugs.

Praying Dutch comes back soon with good news, just can't wait to see APPROVED! :dance: :yes: :dance:

Found this video I think the Co's need to watch this twice a day,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cen7NhfpMVE

Edited by Soloenta

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

Returned to USCIS

01-29-2015 - Medical

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

tyr·an·ny
ˈtirənē/
noun

God willing you will get your interview on time and I know you will get your Visa but am praying for you just the same. :)

My dear sweet friend, thank you as always for your kind words and encouragement. Maybe we will hear something today or tomorrow

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.