Mad & J

February 2015 filers - Texas Service Center

819 posts in this topic

My NOA1 date is February 3rd too. Based on my receipt number (ending in 45) there are 6 people ahead of me waiting to be approved for the I129F.

While I do hope that's true for your sake--just be careful with getting expectations too high. They really don't go in strict numerical order--close, but not exact. I think they must pick up piles of folders or something, and some workers are faster than others.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Feb 4. It is draining. Hope to see something positive soon.

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My noa1 date is February 3rd and I haven't hear yet either! It's making me so anxious as it's almost been 6 months! Is there anyone else who has dates near the beginning of Feb who haven't hear back yet?

Ours is the 2nd of February. And nothing so far. I think we will hear something end of August. Fingers crossed. ?? Edited by loganschonauer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I keep telling myself to only start hoping for the approval (or RFE, geesh, I hope not!) after mid-August. It feels more realistic and I don't have to get close to a stroke everyday expecting to hear from Texas.

I'm visiting my fiance in the U.S. on August 7th and all my anxiety is directed towards wether I will be let in again or not.

I really appreciate the updates in here from those who got the Immifairy membership. Hey, at least a few feb approvals have happened already, that's better than nothing.

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I-129F Sent: 2015-02-05

I-129F NOA1: 2015-02-12
I-129F NOA2: 2015-08-10

Hi everyone, I'm also a Feb 2015 filer stuck in Texas, I'm in the middle of a argument yesterday, because I read on the main forum a Californian Centre member gloating that they were approved in a month! My argument was that there is no need to gloat over fast approvals, how is that supposed to make us stuck at Texas feel. It should have been put onto a sub forum for Californian filers. Of course my response didn't go down to well with them saying I shouldn't be bitter. Well I am if I want to read about Californian approvals in less than a month, I can check the timelines and statistics on VJ, I don't need it shoving down my neck, they have no sympathy for us, saying we are all going through the same system, No we are not, those at Texas pay the same money and have to wait 7-8 months, whilst many at California are approved in a few weeks, I assure you that is not the same journey at all, it's a disgrace. Good luck to all those stuck in the Texas quagmire!

Hi everyone, I'm also a Feb 2015 filer stuck in Texas, I'm in the middle of a argument yesterday, because I read on the main forum a Californian Centre member gloating that they were approved in a month! My argument was that there is no need to gloat over fast approvals, how is that supposed to make us stuck at Texas feel. It should have been put onto a sub forum for Californian filers. Of course my response didn't go down to well with them saying I shouldn't be bitter. Well I am if I want to read about Californian approvals in less than a month, I can check the timelines and statistics on VJ, I don't need it shoving down my neck, they have no sympathy for us, saying we are all going through the same system, No we are not, those at Texas pay the same money and have to wait 7-8 months, whilst many at California are approved in a few weeks, I assure you that is not the same journey at all, it's a disgrace. Good luck to all those stuck in the Texas quagmire!

You are 100% not alone. This sort of thing has been happening on VJ ever since I started reading here in Oct 2014, and probably longer. That's why there's a locked thread at the top of the "Service Centers" forum page about how this site is for support, not judgement. Because the mods are on the CSC filers's side of this argument. They don't consider them gloating. But they do consider requests to knock off the gloating to be out of line.

But don't worry. I had the same reaction. I have just stopped typing about it to them because (a) the mods don't like it and thread-ban people, and make it look like you're the problem (b) doing so has gotten me personally harassed in PM by people here (I wish I saved it. She's a real witch, and the harassing message was HILARIOUS but it disappeared as soon as I blocked her) © those people are basically all completely blind to the reality of this process from our side of things. Part of me doesn't blame them--they don't know what they don't know (although if someone says, hey, so I know you didn't mean it but that's pretty insensitive can you knock it off they should FREAKING STOP rather than act all injured that you're not happy for them). I AM really upset that everyone who filed after March 27 who went to CSC basically as US to thank for it (all of our really hard work pushing for a change), and they're some of the gloaters, meanwhile I still have MONTHS to go. I am part of the reason they're done in a month. But again. They don't know what they don't know.

Mostly, a good chunk of me just hopes that they (not all CSC filers, not even all gloaters, just the gloaters who can't say "sorry, my bad" and move on) get stuck in AP for a year, or wind up with some jerk who takes them to the cleaners, or have fallen for "puppy love" and get to experience the nastiest divorce to end all nasty divorces, or choke on their wedding cake. Sorry, not sorry.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

Catherine- That was funny...

So according to my VJ timeline and calculations I will hit the 6 month mark August 9th. Is that when we can possibly start calling to get an update on our case? I know they are just now starting to get to our files but I really don't want any delays. It is bad enough that most Cuban I-129F go into AP for 2-6 months after the interview so I'd really like to get at least the initial YES with no RFE (please). ;-)

If I do call who would I even call? I sometimes feel I have no clue what I am doing. Actually I feel like that when I think of what the next step will be.

I can tell you all- who are stuck here in the black hole- It does help if you can visit your other half. I just got back and it made the time feel like it has only been a month since I submitted the application.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

While I do hope that's true for your sake--just be careful with getting expectations too high. They really don't go in strict numerical order--close, but not exact. I think they must pick up piles of folders or something, and some workers are faster than others.

Yes, exactly. This gets people's hopes up when they really don't work in order. Only in batches.

It gets to me when I see people at CSC complaining that they have been waiting 4 weeks and still no NOA2 and stuff like that. Everytime I see it I feel like saying you really have nothing to complain about but I bite my tongue...

AOS from K1:

02/01/2016 - AOS, EAD filed

02/25/2016 - AOS and EAD NOA1 (received 02/08/2016)

02/29/2016 - NOA1 hard copies

03/14/2016 - Biometrics

03/31/2016 - RFIE for AOS

04/06/2016 - RFIE received

04/11/2016 - RFIE evidence sent

04/14/2016 - Updated to say evidence received

05/17/2016 - EAD/AP approved

06/13/2016 - EAD combo received

06/16/2016 - Green Card Approved (no interview)

06/25/2016 - Green Card received

Catherine- That was funny...

So according to my VJ timeline and calculations I will hit the 6 month mark August 9th. Is that when we can possibly start calling to get an update on our case? I know they are just now starting to get to our files but I really don't want any delays. It is bad enough that most Cuban I-129F go into AP for 2-6 months after the interview so I'd really like to get at least the initial YES with no RFE (please). ;-)

If I do call who would I even call? I sometimes feel I have no clue what I am doing. Actually I feel like that when I think of what the next step will be.

I can tell you all- who are stuck here in the black hole- It does help if you can visit your other half. I just got back and it made the time feel like it has only been a month since I submitted the application.

So, unfortunately you're not "allowed" to call until you're outside their posted "normal processing time" (we'll get around to who to call in a second). You can find those here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abc-9Biqd2ziB6--EEa7u

You'll notice two things. Right now, the only people who can call are people who filed before November 10. Also, this is "as of May 31". And yes, they just released this information on July 17. This is one of the ways they make themselves look like their backlog isn't as bad as it is and prevent applicants from being entitled to anything but their cra*py service. What that basically says is "by May 31, we'd finished through November 10. Anyone who applied before November 10, give us a call and see what's wrong". We know that November 10 by May 31 is a lie, we can see from both VJ and Immifairy data. But, that's how they play.

They'll update again in early/mid August with "as of June 30" numbers. And it may move only move 3 weeks (it seems to move 3 weeks at a time).

ALL THAT SAID. No harm in trying. You can call the main USCIS hotline and they will tell you exactly what I just did. That you're within normal processing time and don't know when anyone will work on your file. You can ask to speak to Tier 2 (or a supervisor) and at least get a real USCIS employee (the hotline folks are contractors and don't have any more information than we have, and don't understand it as well as we do)...that USCIS employee will tell you the same thing.

You can open an inquiry with your Senators/Congressman (pick all or any of the 3) and they will call a different, private number that directly links them to a real USCIS employee, on your behalf. They *might* be able to get something done for you. That is 100% dependant on how much the politicician allows his staff to help immigration cases (some, mostly the anti-immigrant ones, seem to direct their staff to just do the bare minimum to help), and how good his staff members are at their jobs. Good ones will understand this backlog problem, not "listen" to the official timelines (technically they're not supposed to open an inquiry until you're outside the official timelines, either) and really "go to bat" for you. You may get lucky. Look up their state or local office number (not the DC numbers--those are their political offices), give a call and ask how to get the process started. Most require a privacy release to be signed first, so you may want to get all that out of the way soon.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got an email that I got an RFE. But at least they have touched my application. I am sure others will get some approvals!!

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got an email that I got an RFE. But at least they have touched my application. I am sure others will get some approvals!!

I'm sorry about that.. Can you share what the RFE was about?

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I-129F Sent: 2015-02-05

I-129F NOA1: 2015-02-12
I-129F NOA2: 2015-08-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.