s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2020 at 11:16 PM, islanderfever said:

Just received an Interview Appointment email from NVC. Interview is scheduled for my wife at the Tokyo Embassy in August. Wife was DQ’d in mid May. Normal case, no expedite.

if they are already working on mid may qualified cases this means we are getting close ;) we got dq’d june 2 I hope interview letter comes this week. We tried sending expedite requests but no reply yet

On 7/11/2020 at 2:22 AM, Nathan B said:

Hey everyone! I have been a VJ member for awhile now, but just found this thread. My wife's CR1 was DQ in early June and she is currently waiting on an interview at the embassy in Tokyo. I went ahead and submitted an expedite request to NVC based on forced separation due to COVID-19 (I have seen several other members post on VJ that this has worked for them). I had to cut my 3 year work assignment in Japan short and return to America at the end of March. I doubt it will work, but we are willing to try anything at this point.

following

54 minutes ago, carpfan said:

May 20. It looks like Tokyo assigned a bunch of interview dates on one day, so hopefully they'll get to you in the next batch.

me keeping my fingers crossed thanks tho’

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/

This update appeared today.

As of July 16, 2020, the United States Consulates in Osaka and Fukuoka resumed certain limited nonimmigrant visa services, including very limited numbers of some student and exchange visitor visas, and E investor visas.  The Consulate in Naha resumed certain immigrant visa services, including: IR1, IR2, CR1, and CR2. While the Consulates aim to process cases as soon as practicable, capacity is extremely limited and there will be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs.

The United States Embassy in Tokyo and Consulate in Sapporo remain unable to resume routine visa services at this time.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date.

The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/jp/jp-niv-expeditedappointment.asp to request an emergency appointment.  

Applicants for H1B, H2B, H4, L and certain J categories covered by Presidential Proclamation 10052 should request an appointment only if you have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in the Proclamation here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-aliens-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/

Edited by MJ&YY
removed the 6/22 update from the bottom

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I had CR1 interview this week at embassy Tokyo and it's approved!

There were only 4-5 groups waiting inside but still took about 2hrs total.

Edited by dancingorca

Timeline
1 hour ago, carpfan said:

Wow! Congrats! What was the interview like?

Thanks!

Interview was pretty straight forward, it lasted less than 10min.

Some queations were:

- name and date of birth of my husband

- when and how we met

- what my husband do

- when and where I plan to move

Interviewer also asked if I am worried about rising number of COVID patients in the state im moving to.

13 minutes ago, Nathan B said:

We received some great news this morning! Our expedite request was accepted! The Tokyo Embassy is on vacation the rest of this week, so hopefully we get an interview date next week.

Congratulations! My wife got an expedite in late June, and was interviewed immediately after her notification. Yesterday, four weeks after her interview, she received her visa and passport in the mail. You're in a good place now, but be patient!

I want to thank everyone who's posted here, as their experiences and advice have helped us throughout these last 19+ months. I also want to wish everyone good luck moving forward. I hope other members here are soon able to reunite with their loved ones!

Timeline
18 hours ago, JapanResident said:

Congratulations! My wife got an expedite in late June, and was interviewed immediately after her notification. Yesterday, four weeks after her interview, she received her visa and passport in the mail. You're in a good place now, but be patient!

I want to thank everyone who's posted here, as their experiences and advice have helped us throughout these last 19+ months. I also want to wish everyone good luck moving forward. I hope other members here are soon able to reunite with their loved ones!

Congrats to all. My wife's expedite request was approved yesterday. I see your wife was interviewed shortly after. Did you need to schedule the interview or did the embassy reach out to you? Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, JGG5 said:

Congrats to all. My wife's expedite request was approved yesterday. I see your wife was interviewed shortly after. Did you need to schedule the interview or did the embassy reach out to you? Thank you in advance.

Congratulations on the expedite! We didn't have to schedule anything. The embassy sent us an interview date almost immediately, and it was for only two days later (actually, around 36 hours later). My wife had to get her medical after the interview, which the embassy agreed to. Good luck!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

Congratulations on the expedite! We didn't have to schedule anything. The embassy sent us an interview date almost immediately, and it was for only two days later (actually, around 36 hours later). My wife had to get her medical after the interview, which the embassy agreed to. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up. My wife actually already had her medical and the results were mailed to the embassy. Assuming this should speed things up after the actual interview. Congrats again and thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.