Jack88

I-765 You can now submit inquires about your case if + 75 days

6 posts in this topic

So as the title of this post implies the USCIS informs on their website that if your EAD application has been pending for more than 75 days you can submit an inquire about it.

In my case it has been pending for 62 days so I'm not eligible for submitting an inquire however I have the feeling it would get to be there, sorry for the pessimism but the case remains in the "you case has been received" status, received notice of action and that's it.

I'm filing btw, I-130, I-485, I765 simultaneously from a F-1 visa readjusting my status from a marital union with a US citizen, on OPT with a valid EAD which expired.

my I-485 application status has been reported as "Ready to be schedule for an interview" almost a month ago.

The question is: How do you go about submitting this "inquire" when the 75 days timeframe has been reached? I take these delays are stemming from the score of EAD applications USCIS is processing due to the DACA (Deferred action for childhood arrivals) applicable to illegals entering the country as minors, and the Executive action which applies to illegals with more than 5 years in the country and having a US citizen child and other cases.

Does anyone has had any experience inquiring about their I-765 cases after the 75+ days period?

You call USCIS to request an inquiry for your I-765. Customer service will ask you why you want to do so. You need to tell them that USCIS's website says that I can submit a request if my case is pending more than 75 days. You need to make sure your application is pending 75 days because USCIS will tell you that your application is not 75 days from the date of filling. Then asking for the confirmation number and that is it. I,myself, as along with other people had been successful by submitting the request.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

How have you been successful?

After my initial Service Request was filed in January, I was told I will receive a response within two weeks "but in case I did not I would need to wait an additional two weeks".

In mid-February called after the month was up just to find out the field office has not had a chance to process the request, then I was told I will receive a response within two weeks "but in case I did not I would need to wait an additional two weeks". I asked will I get the same response in one month I am getting now, they just repeated that the case worker had not had a chance to work the request. I asked when was a case worker assigned to the case, the response was two days after they received the initial Service Request........Looking through these VJ forums, I see that our wonderful government employees are just sending out the letters saying all is well you should not need an interview....but your case is being delayed 6 months......then throwing the case in a corner and not working them....my guess they want to raise the price of the filling fees again (back 10+ years ago when the filling fee was $385 for AOS form, they did this exact same thing, delay processing and nearly tripled the fee so they could work the cases more quickly)...their scheme worked then and I am guessing they are trying it again to get more fees

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow Anon885,am I reading your timeline right? You mailed in I-485, I-765, and I-131 on March 15 and still no Greencard? We mailed on June 15 and we were hoping it would show up soon! Her AP/EAD card got here around August.

Wow Anon885,am I reading your timeline right? You mailed in I-485, I-765, and I-131 on March 15 and still no Greencard? We mailed on June 15 and we were hoping it would show up soon! Her AP/EAD card got here around August.

Because I am one of notice of potential interview waiver case which is delaying like hell now. Good luck.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also, remember that if you get an RFE for initial evidence that was missing, the clock will reset.

Here is the info from the USCIS site > http://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.