mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Got our case approved. It was pretty quick. Wishing all of you to get your Noa2 as soon as possible!!!

Awesome Gitana, congrats!

That gives me some hope that my case will be approved soon as well, since our cases are almost identical.

All the best to you in the NVC stage :)

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you :) yes it was California service center. Neither consular or expedited. We filed from abroad and marked envelope accordingly

That is so nice! I'm really glad for you. I hope things will be just as good with the NVC. Please keep us posted!

Edited by BRlove

Got our case approved. It was pretty quick. Wishing all of you to get your Noa2 as soon as possible!!!

Congratulations. We too are at the California Service Centre. Our receipt date is February 25th.

Congratulations. We too are at the California Service Centre. Our receipt date is February 25th.

Just an update on our case. My husband called NVC today and they received our case April 27. However, he was told by NVC that there's no need to call them because they will mail everything in 4 weeks, all the info, etcetera.

So I guess we will just follow that and wait for 4 weeks? They didn't give us case number or IIN...they said all of that will be included in the packet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@debi361. Ok thanks for the update on NVC. I also just called the NVC and I was told the same thing that it takes 4 weeks from the date the USCIS sent the case to them for them to be able to enter it into their system and then mail the full package to us.

But the NVC operator Lady ask me to call back in 2 weeks time from now since today marks 2 weeks USCIS sent our case to them so in the next 2 weeks will make it 4 weeks they received our case or we should wait for them to send mail to my husband in 2 weeks time but I won't wait I will call them 1 or 2 times in a week until we get the mail or until they give us the case number and IIN, and Mind you I'm the beneficiary so I have to call since my husband is busy.

@debi361. Ok thanks for the update on NVC. I also just called the NVC and I was told the same thing that it takes 4 weeks from the date the USCIS sent the case to them for them to be able to enter it into their system and then mail the full package to us.

But the NVC operator Lady ask me to call back in 2 weeks time from now since today marks 2 weeks USCIS sent our case to them so in the next 2 weeks will make it 4 weeks they received our case or we should wait for them to send mail to my husband in 2 weeks time but I won't wait I will call them 1 or 2 times in a week until we get the mail or until they give us the case number and IIN, and Mind you I'm the beneficiary so I have to call since my husband is busy.

Hi Finben! Thanks for your reply and for some added info, that was helpful. I told my husband, yeah we thought it wouldn't hurt to make a follow up call close to 4 weeks too. Thanks! And good luck to all of us!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Congratulation to everyone that got approved, A big welcome to all the new filers, Last but not least to all the filers waiting on approval/acceptance keep your heads up good news is on the way as we head into our 3rd month of USCIS. Please continue to share you'll updates and any little information/kind words that will help make our journey a little easier. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

@debi361 thank you and let's just keep each other updated on the NVC processing. Wishing all of us success

@finben Thank you too,sure will. And to everyone else on the process, good luck! Edited by debi361

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys! Anyone have updates on the service centers after they were transferring cases to CSC? It seems as if VSC has slowed down :-/

I've been trying to call USCIS to get an idea of what months petitions are being worked on but getting nowhere.

Hi guys! Anyone have updates on the service centers after they were transferring cases to CSC? It seems as if VSC has slowed down :-/

I've been trying to call USCIS to get an idea of what months petitions are being worked on but getting nowhere.

The transferring of work slowed Vermont down! Big time!

We just have to wait it out with patience and faith.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello good morning! I am at 3 months today. Over 3/4 of the wait time. I wonder what's gonna happen in the next few weeks

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Hello good morning! I am at 3 months today. Over 3/4 of the wait time. I wonder what's gonna happen in the next few weeks

Majority of people here are at around the same time frame. Let's all hope for the best!

I'm really having a hard time now, the distance is too much. I miss my husband.

I just updated our timeline. We received the NVC instructions today. It was quicker than we thought, when we called they said wait for a month. It hasn't been a month yet. It just 17 days after NVC received it. This is cool. Just FYI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.