Freemind81

Can I type in I-129F, G-325a, and G-1145 forms?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Quick question. I've searched but couldn't find anything.

Can all of the forms for K-1 Visa (I-129F, G-325a, and G-1145) be typed into a computer. Or do they have to be hand written?

Or can they be a combination of both? I.E.: certain parts have smaller boxes so I'll have write really small with a black pen.

I know the signatures will require hand written black/blue ink.

Thank you!

Edited by Freemind81

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We completed all the fields in the above forms on computer and then printed them out and signed them in ink.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can all of the forms for K-1 Visa (I-129F, G-325a, and G-1145) be typed into a computer. Or do they have to be hand written?

Or can they be a combination of both? I.E.: certain parts have smaller boxes so I'll have write really small with a black pen.

Thank you!

Signatures need to be in black ink only, NOT blue.

Timeline

It isnt mandatory use black pen.

Sometimes black pen get rfe because they think that black is a copy.

Bkue it is ok.

The USCIS instructions for the forms in question specifically state to use black ink. Using black ink will thus be in complete adherence with the USCIS instructions and is therefore wise to follow and should not cause any problems. NOT following USCIS instructions increases the chance for an RFE. Also, reading various forums, applicants using black ink seem to systematically satisfy the USCIS.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

I've read some of the posts here regarding blank spaces in these documents.

I guess in the older versions of the docs, it said to enter "None" or "N/A" for fields that didn't apply. For example: Alien Registration Number.

But with the newer form that came out (2016 expiration date), the consensus seems to be to leave the field blank for fields that don't apply. So for Alien Registration I would leave it blank.

So would this blank only apply to the Alien Registration number since I'm a US citizen and my fiancee doesn't have one? Or would it apply do all the other fields that don't apply to either of us?

Example: on the I-129F:

9.a.: "Other names used. Family Name".

11.a.: "Name of Prior Spouse 1. Family Name".

Would we leave these type of questions blank since none of us have other names used or a prior spouse? Or would we write "N/A" or "None"?

Bit confused about this. Thanks.

Edited by Freemind81

Timeline

I've read some of the posts here regarding blank spaces in these documents.

I guess in the older versions of the docs, it said to enter "None" or "N/A" for fields that didn't apply. For example: Alien Registration Number.

But with the newer form that came out (2016 expiration date), the consensus seems to be to leave the field blank for fields that don't apply. So for Alien Registration I would leave it blank.

So would this blank only apply to the Alien Registration number since I'm a US citizen and my fiancee doesn't have one? Or would it apply do all the other fields that don't apply to either of us?

Example: on the I-129F:

9.a.: "Other names used. Family Name".

11.a.: "Name of Prior Spouse 1. Family Name".

Would we leave these type of questions blank since none of us have other names used or a prior spouse? Or would we write "N/A" or "None"?

Bit confused about this. Thanks.

Yes leave it blank. I asked same question during my process, and my sister-in-law-to-be left it blank when she had her own i129f processed too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

These have been the instructions since the updated edition came out in June 2013.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

How To Fill Out Form I-129F

1. Type or print legibly in black ink.

2. If extra space is needed to complete any item, attach a continuation sheet, write your name and Alien Registration
Number (A-Number) (if any), at the top of each sheet of paper, indicate the Part and Item Number to which your
answer refers, and date and sign each sheet.

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank.

The G-325A has some questions where it tells you to state None if the answer is None, so follow what that form asks from you.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you!

It can be either or a combination of both.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Two similar threads merged. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Many do this.

Thank you!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Thank you!

You can type, handwrite or use a combination of the both. Most people I think type the information because it is easier, and some people will just handwrite things that don't fit when typing.

Signatures need to be in black ink only, NOT blue.

Not true. It can be signed in either blue or black ink.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.