534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Is there any CC statistic done? How many cases were completed with or without checklist?

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi there,

I have my interview scheduled by the NVC at the 26th of Feb and today I recieved an email from the US Embassy in Paris (Portugal doesn't do immigration interviews anymore) saying the following:

" Register your appointment: If you currently reside in France register your appointment with our new courier service at no additional costby visiting www.usvisa-info.com. **Please note, only the appointment date and time given to you by NVC is valid, please select this date and time only when registering your appointment."

Now, I do not reside in France, do I actually need to register my interview? I tried but they can only accept French adresses as a Courier adress. I'm confused... Anyone had to register their interviews online? I was guessing the NVC had already scheduled it for me.

Just don't want to get to the interview date and nothing is set!.....

Thanks in advance!

AP

Edited by APeralta

Filed: Timeline

They just want to hold back the cases as long as they can. :(

I'm a fed, and I've always thought the goal was to get RID of backlogs. I overnighted another AOS. I figure it's best to do that then wait 40 days, get a negative response, and then send an AOS and wait an additional 60 days on top of that. They don't care either way, but I do. We're not all just numbers to meet their quotas. Check out some of the reviews from employees at nvc from indeed.com. It's quite sad--pay cuts for not answering enough calls (which is what happens when you take your time with each caller instead of rush them off with a script) I can't blame the ones who pick up the phones, but the ones who are part of the review process are a major problem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm a fed, and I've always thought the goal was to get RID of backlogs. I overnighted another AOS. I figure it's best to do that then wait 40 days, get a negative response, and then send an AOS and wait an additional 60 days on top of that. They don't care either way, but I do. We're not all just numbers to meet their quotas. Check out some of the reviews from employees at nvc from indeed.com. It's quite sad--pay cuts for not answering enough calls (which is what happens when you take your time with each caller instead of rush them off with a script) I can't blame the ones who pick up the phones, but the ones who are part of the review process are a major problem.

You are right. It's not the fault of the employees but the whole system. NVC is not prepared to deal with the huge number of approved cases recieved from USCIS Service centers.

Timeline

You are right. It's not the fault of the employees but the whole system. There are not enough employees to do the review in a timely manner. NVC is not prepared to deal with the huge number of approved cases recieved from USCIS Service centers. USCIS is trying to reach the average goal but NVC is way behind. The government is too busy to care about the agony of separated families who are waiting patiently to be united legally. Earlier NVC process was merely 1 month long but now? With time everything gets progressed but immigration system is excluded from that progress. Leave alone the progress it's actually retrogressing. Wonder why!! :(

Edited by ritbiv

I'm sure someone has already shared this before but it gives some insight into the NVC process:

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/AILA/AILA%20NVC%20November%202014.pdf

Some of the statistics were pretty surprising like the amount of post going in and out. And the amount of congressional inquiries. The article also says the phone system will be re-vamped in mid February although I won't hold my breath! Also says they are pushing to have all countries with electronic processing pending a software rollout in late 2015. I imagine that would eliminate a lot of issues (lost documents etc).

FY 2014 Statistics:

• 709,000 cases received from USCIS.

• 99,000 current family-based petitions.

• 349,000 cases shipped to Post.

2.6 million total cases.

• 1.4 million pieces of incoming mail.

• 3.3 million pieces of outgoing mail.

• 1.7 million written inquiries.

• 1.6 million calls.

• 98,000 Congressional inquiries.

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

You are right. It's not the fault of the employees but the whole system. There are not enough employees to do the review in a timely manner. NVC is not prepared to deal with the huge number of approved cases recieved from USCIS Service centers. USCIS is trying to reach the average goal but NVC is way behind. The government is too busy to care about the agony of separated families who are waiting patiently to be united legally. Earlier NVC process was merely 1 month long but now? With time everything gets progressed but immigration system is excluded from that progress. Leave alone the progress it's actually retrogressing. Wonder why!! :(

It is frustrating that we who decided to do this legally get treated like this. I have only had two checklists...both times I had to wait up to 55 days. I can't imagine others who have had to wait past that time with no word or God forbid a supervisor review only to be told, yeah you need to send that info AND wait again.

Of course I get that the reps are frustrated,but we all are!!

What can be done to solve this? Is it more workers are the NVC? I can only see this backlog getting worse!

I really hope we are done with the NVC by that time.

that leads me to a question...is there any time of the year where things really slow down at the NVC? like during the summer are more applications received? Does that make sense? Or is it all one big muck all year round?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ahhh!!! I got 2nd checklist.!! ??

(Trying to call them now)

Checklist no. #2 : 2/3/2015
Scan date #2: 2/5/2015
Case Complete: 4/14/2015 FINALLY super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Interview: 5/12/2015

RESULT: Approved (finally on 2/10/2016 after 8 months in AP)

Visa in Hand: ?
POE: ?

Timeline

It is frustrating that we who decided to do this legally get treated like this. I have only had two checklists...both times I had to wait up to 55 days. I can't imagine others who have had to wait past that time with no word or God forbid a supervisor review only to be told, yeah you need to send that info AND wait again.

Of course I get that the reps are frustrated,but we all are!!

What can be done to solve this? Is it more workers are the NVC? I can only see this backlog getting worse!

I really hope we are done with the NVC by that time.

that leads me to a question...is there any time of the year where things really slow down at the NVC? like during the summer are more applications received? Does that make sense? Or is it all one big muck all year round?

Just wondering whether cutting the fundings in immigration sector could be the reason behind this backlog? Due to limited funds lesser employees are hired and as a result we are suffering who opt for the legal way.

Timeline

Sorry about that, stay tough.

What's the checklist about?

:cry: My checking is for police report. I have to send from two different countries and for one of them it was the wrong one. When I spoke to a supervisor at NVC, she said she would accept the one I sent as a copy and it was my responsibility to send the right one to the interview (i go the right one but never sent it NVC , big mistake to trust them). So, I got a checklist for it. I wanted to speak to the supervisor but is not the one i had spoken to. This one was so rude and said he could not help. My problem now is contacting the right person. It was a woman, not as rude as this man i spoke with. I don't know what to do. I will call again to see if can speak to a different person. any suggesting anyone?? does anyone know of supervisor i can ask for. I so strongly dislike NVC!!!! :ranting:

Edited by BRosa

:cry: My checking is for police report. I have to send from two different countries and for one of them it was the wrong one. When I spoke to a supervisor at NVC, she said she would accept the one I sent as a copy and it was my responsibility to send the right one to the interview (i go the right one but never sent it NVC , big mistake to trust them). So, I got a checklist for it. I wanted to speak to the supervisor but is not the one i had spoken to. This one was so rude and said he could not help. My problem now is contacting the right person. It was a woman, not as rude as this man i spoke with. I don't know what to do. I will call again to see if can speak to a different person. any suggesting anyone?? does anyone know of supervisor i can ask for. I so strongly dislike NVC!!!! :ranting:

Checklist first, ask later, that seems to be their policy.

I would call them back at a different time. One time I called early in the morning, and I spoke to a nice female supervisor, she was very helpful and explained to me the whole NVC process, although I didn't ask for that. So I suggest you call early in the morning.

I really hope you can get it forwarded to the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There is a really nice supervisor named Mari that typically works until 3:00 PM EST. You could try asking for her.

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Timeline

Thank ️you, i Will try again tomorrow morning and try to speak to her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.