moandbo

please guide me i am afraid i will loose my wife

62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

after the phone call, or before?

if before, well, the phone call nixed all of that.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

if it is a denial, can i apply the visa again?

if yes will it take two years again?

This is really nasty. This is why the support of family is essential.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Timeline

This is some mess. You might want to tell your wife to involve congressman or senator.

It will hard for her as it will require time and patient. You might want to tell all this about to your wife. and put a foot down against your parent.

But you can involve (congressman/senator) after AP decission.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Why would he ? He made a major mistake of not telling his family about it (which - as far as I understand - is pretty important in India) and I don't see how any other CO wouldn't have doubts in this situation. Not sure if we're getting a whole story, but if denial happens, it will pretty legitimate. Don't see what would congressman or senator help with.

Filed: Timeline

Why would he ? He made a major mistake of not telling his family about it (which - as far as I understand - is pretty important in India) and I don't see how any other CO wouldn't have doubts in this situation. Not sure if we're getting a whole story, but if denial happens, it will pretty legitimate. Don't see what would congressman or senator help with.

It can because you are seeing from large family prespactive. Not everyone in family is for it and so can he not cut tie with them?

He has not done any iligal thing. I understand it will hard but it is doable.

I am from India and so I completly understand his point.

He just have to wait now for dicission. And take action after it.

This is a difficult situation, India is a higher risk country as there a more fraudulent applications from there than say the UK, France or Germany. This is why they questioned you more.

Your father really didn't help, technically he lied to the officer. The officer probably won't try again, and you will probably just get the result. If you get denied, it is a long and lengthy process, and you might have to use an attorney to this time to make sure your previous denial doesn't get you in trouble again.

You might want to get in touch with your wife's congressman and/or senator and see what can be done.

This is really nasty. This is why the support of family is essential.

My parents never supported me on my choice to marry an American, they kicked me out 2 years ago and haven't talked to me ever since they found out I was having a child with her. It's been 7 months now since I last spoke to them. They last called me the day I was about to fly and told me how I ruined their lives by being with my wife

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

This is a difficult situation, India is a higher risk country as there a more fraudulent applications from there than say the UK, France or Germany. This is why they questioned you more.

Your father really didn't help, technically he lied to the officer. The officer probably won't try again, and you will probably just get the result. If you get denied, it is a long and lengthy process, and you might have to use an attorney to this time to make sure your previous denial doesn't get you in trouble again.

You might want to get in touch with your wife's congressman and/or senator and see what can be done.

My parents never supported me on my choice to marry an American, they kicked me out 2 years ago and haven't talked to me ever since they found out I was having a child with her. It's been 7 months now since I last spoke to them. They last called me the day I was about to fly and told me how I ruined their lives by being with my wife

Wow. That's preposterous.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You first need to be informed it was a denial and the reason for it, before you can plot your next move. You need to be patient and wait until your AP is completed.

if it is a denial, can i apply the visa again?

if yes will it take two years again?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We have applied for CR1 visa. We are married from 1.5 years now. Its a love marriage my wife is an american and I am an Indian.She is older than me. I married her n didn't tell my family because in India our age difference will sure affect my elder sisters wedding. I love my wife so I could not allow the age difference stop us being together. At the time of interview the counsellor asked me to see the wedding photo with my parents. So I told her the truth that my family is not aware of the wedding yet. But I will tell them as my elder sister get marry. Counsellor gave me a 221(g) and asked me to submit written statement from my parents .So I told my parents. They got angry and worried at the same time. But after 10 days they signed they gave the written statement. I did submit that. After two months embassy called my dad to verify. My dad denied out of his worries me going to an forign land and his disappointment. When my dad told us(whole family) about this. we convinced him that i will be fine and this is what i really want. so now he is with us. My dad is ready for another verification or whatever the embassy wants.

My case is still under Administrative processing. my wife is crying there. She says that we are ###### now. there is nothing we can do now. I want to know if

1.there is some hope left me to get the visa?

2. will i be considered as fraud and will be permanently banned to enter in us? if yes there is anything i can do to get admission.

3. if there is anything that can be done to correct it?

I have one more request i read somwhere that my case will go back to uscis. if anyone can tell me the procedure or share the flow chart or tell me the further steps of procedure. I will be very greatful. God please help us.

Of course I cannot say officially because I don't know exactly how they work but it should be ok (God willing). What this at the embassy in India? if so they are (at least to some extent) aware of the culture they are working and living in, so they should be thinking about the cultural side and not thinking of it as a fraud thing.....with that said it might not be a bad idea if your dad could re-give his permission and possible explain the situation

Best of luck with this

USCIS doesn’t take kindly to evidence being contradicted during verification. Even more so at locations adjudicating cases that may seem less than genuine at face value. Unfortunately India is one of those. If the father signed something, he needs to stand behind his signature. Not sure if we’re getting the full story here, but know that age difference, wife being older, would stand out at a Consular Post in India.

Good luck buddy; hope for the best!

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Relax! Just let them complete the AP process. There is no permanent ban unless if there was something seriously wrong with your application. If this visa route does not work for some reason, then your wife can move to India.

XrVRp5.png

You may need to do something to prove to the embassy you really care about your wife. I understand everyone cannot do this but I lived in Sri Lanka a little over a year and I learned to speak intermediate Sinhalese in order to gain my in-laws' approval for marriage. His parents wanted him to marry a Sri Lanka woman so they would have Sinhalese speaking grand kids, not English and Japanese speaking kids because my husband and I both speak Japanese and English but I had no knowledge of Sinhalese at the time.

I have met ALL of my husband's family members, best friends, friends, ex-coworkers, expatriates, etc. We own a house and land together in Sri Lanka.

It is time for you to fly your wife over to India, introduce her to everyone you know, take pictures together, put her name on your property and get your parents to understand this is a decision you are not willing to change. And give her the wedding she deserves!!! You deprived her of this because you were too scared about tradition and what your parents would think.

As far as fraud, if you didn't commit the fraudulent act you have nothing to worry about. It is your father who lied, not you. Now whether or not you can prove this is a different problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.