blessempress

NVC Checklist

39 posts in this topic

~~moved to NVC discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We got checklisted bc the amount i put in Part 6. 13.a.1. didn´t match with the tax return. Ok, i´m getting that. What´was even more odd was, that they said, that the complete AOS form for my son was missing. Absolutely ridiculous, cause i had checked ALL documents a hundred times and then put everything (my AOS and IV docs as well) in one express envelope of DHL, but both cases seperated in two manila envelopes. They still lost it! :ranting:

Now we´re really hoping, that everything is in order and we´re on our final lap.

I really wish soon CC´s for all of us, and what doesn´t kill us, makes us stronger. :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png
I am the beneficiary.
NVC
06/30/2014 - NVC received case
07/23/2014 - case# assigned
07/30/2014 - received IIN #
07/30/2014 - submitted DS-261 / paid AOS Fee
08/01/2014 - AOS Fee showed "Paid"
09/11/2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid
09/13/2014 - IV Bill showed "Paid"
09/17/2014 - submitted DS-260
09/29/2014 - mailed off AOS & IV Packet
10/01/2014 - NVC received documents (e-mail 60 days review)
10/02/2014 - Scan date
12/02/2014 - received checklist for AOS
12/11/2014 - new scan date for corrected AOS
02/05/2015 - Case complete as for my case (son´s case still shows paid)
02/06/2015 - 2nd checklist email for both cases (i can take my correction to the interview, for son another 60 days of wait :clock: :cry: )
02/18/2015 - new Scan date
03/26/2015 - Case complete for my son´s case too, yay, the uncertainty is over
04/01/2015 - received Case Complete email for both
05/06/2015 - Medical
05/26/2015 - Interview / APPROVED!!!
05/26/2015 - CEAC already shows "ISSUED" in the afternoon
05/30/2015 - Visa in hands
08/12/2015 - POE Houston, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodluck with your checklist ..hope its reviewed before the 60 days...we too have gotten a checklist for the AOS re question 5 on household number which was resent to NVC from Jan. 6th, 2015 but still has not been received.....Can someone tell me if theres a quicker way for to get this done other than through the postal system.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

1.)This National Visa Center letter with the bar code sheet

2.) F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE : Affidavit of Support form.

http://nvc.state.govfor instructions on how to obtain, complete, and submit an

3.) Current Passport

4.) Birth certificate translated (original & photocopied)

5.) Marriage certificate translated if applicable (original & photocopied)

6.) Criminal Record Translated in English (original & photocopied)

7.) 2 passport size photographs (40cm x 55cm)

8.) 2 photocopies of the applicant's identification card

9.) 2 photocopies of the applicant's passport (copies of all passport pages)

10.) A self-addressed stamped envelope

11.) An introduction letter from the employer (current job)

It was for a correction on Part 3-Questions 2a-6f on the AOS... I misunderstood and listed my husband on 2a... I have to remove his information and return the form. Everything else and all my documents were fine.

OP, I wrote a thread about this a few weeks ago.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531048-fighting-back-against-nvc-i-864-nitpicking/

This was relating to a meeting between the American Immigration Lawyer's Association and the NVC last November. Several points where raised relating to the I-864 and the minutes were released online in December.

It may be worth your while calling them up, asking to speak to a supervisor and quoting the below point to them;

AILA: While data listed on the Affidavit of Support and in the supporting evidence must be accurate and consistent, where the evidence submitted satisfies the statutory requirements and a discrepancy is de minimis, please confirm that examiners are able to and are encouraged to exercise reasonable judgment in allowing the application to move forward.

NVC Answer: Confirmed. This will be addressed as NVC reviews processes and procedures.

If this is something you decide to do, please report back and let us know how you got on.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

OP, I wrote a thread about this a few weeks ago.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531048-fighting-back-against-nvc-i-864-nitpicking/

This was relating to a meeting between the American Immigration Lawyer's Association and the NVC last November. Several points where raised relating to the I-864 and the minutes were released online in December.

It may be worth your while calling them up, asking to speak to a supervisor and quoting the below point to them;

AILA: While data listed on the Affidavit of Support and in the supporting evidence must be accurate and consistent, where the evidence submitted satisfies the statutory requirements and a discrepancy is de minimis, please confirm that examiners are able to and are encouraged to exercise reasonable judgment in allowing the application to move forward.

NVC Answer: Confirmed. This will be addressed as NVC reviews processes and procedures.

If this is something you decide to do, please report back and let us know how you got on.

In fact, having scanned this thread a lot of issues people have raised were questioned at this meeting (such as non-applicable fields being left blank) to which the NVC responded that they wouldn't checklist people for. I really do think we need to start calling and complaining to effect change.

We got checklisted bc the amount i put in Part 6. 13.a.1. didn´t match with the tax return. Ok, i´m getting that. What´was even more odd was, that they said, that the complete AOS form for my son was missing. Absolutely ridiculous, cause i had checked ALL documents a hundred times and then put everything (my AOS and IV docs as well) in one express envelope of DHL, but both cases seperated in two manila envelopes. They still lost it! :ranting:

Now we´re really hoping, that everything is in order and we´re on our final lap.

I really wish soon CC´s for all of us, and what doesn´t kill us, makes us stronger. :thumbs:

From the November meeting between AILA and the NVC;

AILA: AILA members report numerous situations in which the NVC has returned Forms I-864, Affidavit of Support, when there is a discrepancy between the sponsors current income and the income indicated on the sponsors last filed federal income tax return. Under INA §213A(f)(1)(E), a sponsor must simply demonstrate the means to maintain an annual income equal to at least 125 percent of the Federal poverty line based on his or her household size. Moreover, there are many legitimate reasons why a sponsors current income will not match the income reported on the lastfiled tax return. Please confirm that sponsors are only required to submit documentation sufficient to demonstrate that they are able to maintain an annual income equal to at least 125 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines for his or her household size which includes the sponsored alien, and that it is not necessary for the sponsors current income to match the amount reported on the last federal income tax return.

NVC Answer: Confirmed. Please note that the Department of State Visa Office has recently reviewed the NVCs I-864 processes and procedures and has identified some areas where changes will be made. Moving forward, if the NVC determines that the information submitted is objectively complete and if taken as true would satisfy the affidavit of support requirements, the case should move forward. The goal is to reduce processing delays associated with the back and forth between the applicant and the NVC on affidavit of support issues .NVC will work closely with posts to ensure that changes in NVCs processing do not result in an increased burden on posts (e.g. requests for additional evidence related to the affidavit of support ).

I think it my be worth calling them and speaking to a supervisor or contacting your state representatives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did I need to use a checklist coversheet? They told me I didn't need to wait on the email... So I assumed to send the original coversheet.

Hi.. in my case, I printed the original coversheet when I knew that I have checklist over the phone. I got the email 4 weeks after my 60 days.. NVC is very slow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes I will call and speak to a supervisor.They should also not impose a 60 day wait on checklist since the case has already been reviewed. The process for checklist should be different.

Edited by blessempress

Timeline

In the email we got it said 60 days, so calendar days. But that was already at the beginning of last August. I hope for everyone that they didn't change it.

In fact, having scanned this thread a lot of issues people have raised were questioned at this meeting (such as non-applicable fields being left blank) to which the NVC responded that they wouldn't checklist people for. I really do think we need to start calling and complaining to effect change.

My husband had complained to NVC about the "misleading instructions" for the AOS forms (talking about leaving non-applicable fields blank). They just said that the forms and instructions are created and released by the Department of State and NVC knows very well that they are misleading with regard to how they are to review and handle the forms, but the only "solution" (according to NVC) was to keep complaining to DOS so they would finally change the instructions. <_<

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes I will call and speak to a supervisor.They should also not impose a 60 day wait on checklist since the case has already been reviewed. The process for checklist should be different.

I Agree with you .They should do as USCIS do when they sent u RFE .once you send them the evidence they ask for. ,you approved lil after.they do not make you wait 60 stupide busness days like NVC do

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

i got a checklist too. The cklist was for not including letter for not filing taxes for 2013 & to resend marriage certificate. They scan Dec 17,2014. I call ? every other day. And nothing. I even had a supervisor looked at the checklist because I send the original doc. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting. My husband received from the embassy a letter stating his paper's are being reviewed by the embassy. Dated on Aug 15 2014 . But he just got 5 days ago. Really weirdness

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.