Ahmed*Macy

Question , can i make my case expedited ?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

can i make my case expedited , i have a lawyer so can he do that for me?please i need quick and accurate answer

If you have a valid reason yes, if you don't - no. Lawyer isn't going to help here at all.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

There are a variety of scenarios where expedition is possible. If you have an immigration lawyer, then presumably you trust him. So you should ask him since he knows the ins and outs of your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

How much money does this layer want? You can call USCIS and apply for an expedite without any charge. I did. Of course, it got rejected, and rather quickly. Didn't cost a penny to try.

The reasons for an expedite are:

*Severe financial loss to company or individual;

*Extreme emergent situation;
*Humanitarian situation;
*Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
*U.S. Department of Defense or national interest situation (Note: Request must come from an official U.S. Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government);
*USCIS error; or
*Compelling interest of USCIS.

My rejection said my issue was serious, but not of an extreme emergent need. On the other hand, some guy got approved for an expedite because of the cost of his airfare to Jamaica. It all depends upon who reads your request.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

Send me a private message and I'll explain how I did it.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

No one can answer this question for you, especially without knowing your reasons/exact situation, and even then it's just an educated guess. As wbeem pointed out, it costs nothing to try, but can be difficult to achieve.

Good luck

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Timeline

I know it's not on the list, but just in case someone has tried it before. Does anyone know if having a wedding planned (with everything that that involves aka videographer, photographer, cake, reception place rental, etc) is a reason for a case to be expedited? I ask because we submitted the petition in late August (no NOA2 yet) so that we would have enough time (more than the 6 month period for a normal processing time) to get married in late April. I know there's still time for us to be approved even if TSC is very slow, but I'm just wondering.

I know it's not on the list, but just in case someone has tried it before. Does anyone know if having a wedding planned (with everything that that involves aka videographer, photographer, cake, reception place rental, etc) is a reason for a case to be expedited? I ask because we submitted the petition in late August (no NOA2 yet) so that we would have enough time (more than the 6 month period for a normal processing time) to get married in late April. I know there's still time for us to be approved even if TSC is very slow, but I'm just wondering.

No. They always tell you not to make any firm plans (quit jobs, book flights) until visa is in hand.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Send me a private message and I'll explain how I did it.

I'd just be interested to know how a NY petitioner had their file sent to CSC

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'd just be interested to know how a NY petitioner had their file sent to CSC

A while back TSC sent some files over to CSC because TSC have too many. They do that once in a while. Could be why.

Timeline

How much money does this layer want? You can call USCIS and apply for an expedite without any charge. I did. Of course, it got rejected, and rather quickly. Didn't cost a penny to try.

The reasons for an expedite are:

*Severe financial loss to company or individual;

*Extreme emergent situation;

*Humanitarian situation;

*Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;

*U.S. Department of Defense or national interest situation (Note: Request must come from an official U.S. Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government);

*USCIS error; or

*Compelling interest of USCIS.

My rejection said my issue was serious, but not of an extreme emergent need. On the other hand, some guy got approved for an expedite because of the cost of his airfare to Jamaica. It all depends upon who reads your request.

Airfare to Jamaica? Seriously? I just did a quick check, airfare from Dulles to Kingston: $300. Double that and you still haven't reached the airfare to Sweden. And people live a lot further away. That is one lucky couple! I should try that....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes, but they were pretty much April/May filers... this is much later... just curious...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

i want to know if i my NOA1 was July 15,when can i expect to get the fuckin NOA2? IM CONFUSED AND EXTREMELY NERVOUS

Well I am NOA1 July 25. They are still working on late June with a few early June people remaining. They are for some reason also working on late July people. I'd say realistically February/March. This month if you're lucky. Though I could be wrong so don't take my word for it. No one here can really tell, just give you an estimated guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Airfare to Jamaica? Seriously? I just did a quick check, airfare from Dulles to Kingston: $300. Double that and you still haven't reached the airfare to Sweden. And people live a lot further away. That is one lucky couple! I should try that....

Yep. Our airfare for myself and my daughter to spend 10 days over the holidays cost me 2 days worth of overtime plus circa $2200 in airfare. But our case is not serious enough. Add to that, my employer (I'm the beneficiary) thinks I'm being shady about my timescale and letting them know what our plans are because it is just inconceivable to my boss that we have absolutely no idea whatsoever when we might be approved. My daughter is being teased at school because she told her friends she was moving back in July last year and to date, can't give a vague indication as to when. We are numbers to these people, not humans.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.