Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2015

1,133 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Kels2487,

It was only today I completed the Agent form and shortly after the AOS fee was open for payment. So we are on the same timeline now.

Check this website https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx to pay AOS fee

On this webite https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx its says pay the IV Fee now but the IV fee on the website above says to be invoiced so I have to wait.

I was looking through the Post and saw "ItsGoingtobeworthit" user name got IV Fee invoice in 3 business days after paying AOS. Hoping that could be us but we may need to make a call. The faster we can get through this process the sooner we can be with our loved ones.

Good luck to you and keep me posted.

Sky

Yea once it shows paid for your AOS I would call and tell them that your AOS shows paid and you filled out the da 261 and she put me on hold seconds later said i opened the fee for you wait 5-7 days but in reality it's 24 hours ... The AOS should show paid a couple days after you pay the fee ..

Good luck !

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Yay! Awesome once your AOS shows paid I would give them a call to release your IV fee.. Congrats!

ItsGonnaBeWorthIt,

Thanks so much for this post.

I like Kels248 have my docs prepared. Only waiting on Police certificate.

Just to reiterate. Just call and ask to to have released. Imagine it's that simple. ( when you look at all the post everyone is nearly a month unless it was an expedite)

Thanks again.

Sky

Timeline

ItsGonnaBeWorthIt,

Thanks so much for this post.

I like Kels248 have my docs prepared. Only waiting on Police certificate.

Just to reiterate. Just call and ask to to have released. Imagine it's that simple. ( when you look at all the post everyone is nearly a month unless it was an expedite)

Thanks again.

Sky

My exact words

Hi my AOS fee shows paid and I filled out the DS 261 can you tell me when my IV fee will be invoiced ?

Lady : oh I can do that for you whi was put on as the agent? Ok what's the birthdate of the agent ? Ok hold on

Me: ok :) :) :)

Lady: ok it's done wait 5-7 days for a email

Me: got email next morning went to site . It opened

You can use my exact words if ya want! No charge :)!

I got the idea from another user and it works pretty good , if they say wait 30 days just hang up and call back , but from what I have read everyone had it done in the first attempt when they called . The lady seemed like it was protocol to just release it

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

NVC6 months

medical wasn't complete

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Woke up to a beautiful site!!!!!!!

3 N/A's !!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

I got straight on the phone and got it confirmed by a very grumpy NVC lady :rofl:

Last scan date was NOV. 19th

good luck to everyone still waiting!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Yeap. I am using skype!

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

My exact words

Hi my AOS fee shows paid and I filled out the DS 261 can you tell me when my IV fee will be invoiced ?

Lady : oh I can do that for you whi was put on as the agent? Ok what's the birthdate of the agent ? Ok hold on

Me: ok :) :) :)

Lady: ok it's done wait 5-7 days for a email

Me: got email next morning went to site . It opened

You can use my exact words if ya want! No charge :)!

I got the idea from another user and it works pretty good , if they say wait 30 days just hang up and call back , but from what I have read everyone had it done in the first attempt when they called . The lady seemed like it was protocol to just release it

I was thinking maybe they will open it if i call and say i have completed DS 261 and have paid ( which i did but still in process but will not say that) and ask when will IV be available for payment as my summary login is saying pay now.

If i need to pay IV fee whether AOS processes or not should not matter. I think it is worth a try if i can get through today as Monday is a holiday but i am getting a busy tone so far.

Thanks again

Sky

Timeline

I was thinking maybe they will open it if i call and say i have completed DS 261 and have paid ( which i did but still in process but will not say that) and ask when will IV be available for payment as my summary login is saying pay now.

If i need to pay IV fee whether AOS processes or not should not matter. I think it is worth a try if i can get through today as Monday is a holiday but i am getting a busy tone so far.

Thanks again

Sky

Don't call until it says paid.. But doesn't hurt to try

Let me know what happens :)

NVC6 months

medical wasn't complete

USA LIFE

I just called into the NVC as my last scan date was 60 days ago (11/17, checklist) and got some wonderful news, CC!

I was very worried though because I never got 3 N/As on their website. They still all say PAID. So if your last scan date is around mine and you still don't have N/As you should give them a call. I got through the first time and was on hold for only 20 minutes. Spoke with Hazel, very polite.

Thanks for all the help everybody! Hope you all have get speedy CCs!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning, I am in dire need of advice.

My last check list scan was on NOV 18, and this morning I received an email saying my checklist was just received in JAN 5. Is this a mistake? I am totally confused, and not sure what to do next.

Don't call until it says paid.. But doesn't hurt to try

Let me know what happens :)

Got through after 40 mins and spoke to a lovely lady called Lynn.

The IV fee becomes available after the DS 261 is reviewed which can take a while. She said i can call back in 7 to 10 business days to expedite. Which we know could be less if you try after the AOS shows as paid :) .

What was interesting is that she told me if i had all my documents ready i can use the document cover sheet that was emailed with the welcome letter to submit all my documents and that i did not have to wait to pay IV fee and get another bar code sheet to send off. She also reminded me it takes 60 days to review. So the soon it's in the faster it will be reviewed.

So Kels248 you are in order once you pay your AOS and get the coversheet. I have to wait now as I am still waiting on my police certificate. :(

Best of luck to both of you

sky

Timeline

Got through after 40 mins and spoke to a lovely lady called Lynn.

The IV fee becomes available after the DS 261 is reviewed which can take a while. She said i can call back in 7 to 10 business days to expedite. Which we know could be less if you try after the AOS shows as paid :) .

What was interesting is that she told me if i had all my documents ready i can use the document cover sheet that was emailed with the welcome letter to submit all my documents and that i did not have to wait to pay IV fee and get another bar code sheet to send off. She also reminded me it takes 60 days to review. So the soon it's in the faster it will be reviewed.

So Kels248 you are in order once you pay your AOS and get the coversheet. I have to wait now as I am still waiting on my police certificate. :(

Best of luck to both of you

sky

yea your safe bet is wait til it shows paid :) then give them a call and say its paid and they should help you along.. should anyways -_-

yea im waiting for my husband police certificate as well so wont be sending my documents in until next month but at least my iv will be paid and ds260 filled out..

good luck to you as well!

NVC6 months

medical wasn't complete

USA LIFE

yea your safe bet is wait til it shows paid :) then give them a call and say its paid and they should help you along.. should anyways -_-

yea im waiting for my husband police certificate as well so wont be sending my documents in until next month but at least my iv will be paid and ds260 filled out..

good luck to you as well!

I applied for mine on Jan 5th and when i went back on Jan 12th I was told they have a backlog from since December.Hoping to get it soon as I have a friend tring to expedite. ( she told me if i came to her she would have walked me through the process and i would have gotten it in 2 days but now it may take her some time) Once I get it I can scan and send to hubby to add to package to send off. Hopefully i can get IV Fee, DS260 done and package posted by next Friday.

Will keep you posted.

Sky

Edited by Danisky

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.