Sad.wasi

i had my interview yesterday for 4 hours ..most worse omg .i need help

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We didnt chat on face book ever

I guess they have their own ways.... Be strong!

We didnt chat on face book ever

I guess they have their own ways.... Be strong!

Our Relationship

10/31/2011 - met online
04/23/2012 - I traveled to the US
05/04/2012 - met personally in DC
06/17/2012 - I traveled back to the Philippines
11/09/2012 to 11/23/2012 - He traveled to the Philippines
02/18/2013 to 03/01/2013 - He traveled again to the Philippines
05/16/2013 to 05/26/2013 - His 3rd trip to the Philippines
09/20/2013 to 09/26/2013 - My 2nd trip to the US
03/27/2014 to 04/11/2014 - His 4th trip to the Philippines
10/22/2014 to 11/02/2014 - My 3rd trip to the US

K1 Journey

10/30/2014 - got engaged
11/12/2014 - I-129F sent to Dallas
11/18/2014 - received NOA1 email notification
12/1/2014 - electronic NOA2 notification
12/17/2014 - NVC Case Creation Date
12/23/2014 - Updated Status to "Ready"

01/14/2015 - Got our case# through NVC hotline
01/16/2015 - Paid Application for Interview
01/20/2015 - Booked Interview Appointment for February :D

02/10/2015 - to 02/11/2015 Medical - Passed!
02/25/2015 - Interview - APPROVED!
03/11/2015 - CEAC Issued
03/14/2015 - Visa and Packet on hand!
03/18/2015 - CFO seminar, sticker and certificate

04/22/2015 - POE Seattle

05/05/2015 - Got married!!

AOS Journey

06/29/2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet mailed through USPS

07/01/2015- USPS: Delivered

07/09/2015 - USCIS text notification: CASE was RECEIVED AOS EAD and AP

07/14/2015 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/29/2015 - Biometrics done

08/07/2015 - USCIS My case Status: CASE ready to be scheduled for interview

1s0tp8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Doesn't matter if you have your profile set to private, facebook readily shares all of that info. with the government.

Even your private chat info?

It's not that I have anything to hide but even this way, I'm glad I don't have FB account (or any other social c.r.a.p. site).

Same here, but it does make you think twice. I'm not cool with anyone accessing anything of mine government or not. Guess I've left myself open to that through this process. I've been hearing all this stuff about spyware in these apps you download too. I'm a private person and the thought of my info out there in space for anyone to access is troubling to me.

Well, these officers sure knew "their stuff".,..,and how they got their knowledge is a mystery. I find it hard to believe that, it was on FB.,.,.,. there is a "another fly in the ointment".,.,.,., it had to come to the officers in some other way, just cannot see them sitting down, reading hours of chat on FB!

Just an opinion.

Ever hear of the NSA? Also, Facebook is easy to search if you know what you are doing. No need to look up chats. Just go back a few years on the timeline in one click...it's that easy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

when i check my case status it still says .. Ready .. no AP or nothign else at all .. what should i take it as ?

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about that.

I have one question, you said they got information from Facebook (social media), but did they asked you to login into your account of Facebook or they directly asked you about your wife's Ex ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about that.

I have one question, you said they got information from Facebook (social media), but did they asked you to login into your account of Facebook or they directly asked you about your wife's Ex ?

i dont think that they have taken the details from fb..nothing wrong in having x bf or gf..i strongly believe that they hv some information from somebody...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well my wife has the address on her passport of hers ex bf home address so I think they tracked it by address so may be they did investigate and also hers Ex bf is used to work for states and hes retired correction officer ..

I think this is the ONLY way they could've known about her ex. and there is nothing shady or NSA top secrety stuff about this too, infact, anyone can put the address on her passport into an online directory service and can find out who lives at the address, their phone number and who owns the residence.

Once you have the name and number of the person living at the address all that's needed to find out about their past relationships is to call them and try to get the info through some good old social engineering, like saying something like:

CO: "Hi, I'm calling from RipOff Insurace, Miss X (your wifes name) applied for our COMPLETE RipOff Plan, is this her residence? "

Ex: "I'm sorry she hasn't lived here for the past x years."

CO: "O ok but this IS her family home right 'cause its on her ID (or some form)?"

Ex: "No, that may be because we used to live here thogether but decided to separate."

CO: "I'm sorry to hear that, I understand this might be hard but will you be willing to answer a few questions about her that might help her in getting a good plan with us?"

This is just an amateur example, they ofcourse are way better at it, but you get the drill, basically, just to make the ex divulge the info without him realizing he's giving away anything significant.

Also, in your case it would've been even more easy for them since her ex was a government employee and governments keep a track of their employees it's possible that he might've mentioned her on his files somewhere or maybe the Gov. investigated him during his tenure, specially, if they were living together. So, all they had to do was to ask his department to share information and yes they can do that, according to their own laws.

So really, its all public information easily available online to anyone who is willing and has some tech and social skill to find out, it has nothing to do with snooping through your mail or facebook so please don't assume that whatever intimate stuff you have said to each other in your mails or facebook is in the USCIS knowledge.

The only reason I think they're bothering you is because of the age difference, apparently in america its a thing, but here is the good part, they cannot deny you based solely on that as you haven't violated any US law by falling in love and marrying an older person, no matter how unhappy the CO wants to be with it. And you should be fine with his unhappiness, afterall, you married for yourself not for these irrelevant people.

Stay strong and be bold when you talk to them if you shy away and cry it sends the wrong message as if you are scared, ashamed or guilty of something and are trying to hide it, PLEASE BE BOLD and happy, I cannot stress this enough. Smile during the interview, its a non-verbal way of implying friendliness and humans are like that, remember the people interviewing you are also humans like you and have emotions that you would want to influence positively.

Wish you all the best and if you need anyone to talk to you can talk to us, anytime.

Edited by The Khans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.