GBCW

Why American Babies Die

11 members have voted

1. 1. Why do American Babies Die?

• All babies die.
    • Obamacare.
    • Insurance companies kill them.
    • The Democrats, a.k.a. the Party of Death, eats them.
    • Republicans kill them, part of their War on Women.
    • Poverty.
    • Crack.

302 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That is the understatement of the week.

[...]

Unsurprisingly, the states with the highest rates are also among the poorest. “If Alabama were a country, its rate of 8.7 infant deaths per 1,000 would place it slightly behind Lebanon in the world rankings,” Christopher Ingraham recently noted in The Washington Post, while “Mississippi, with its 9.6 deaths, would be somewhere between Botswana and Bahrain.”

[....]

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/why-american-babies-die/381008/

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is a supposed correlation between high c section rates and high infant mortality rates. 33% of all births in the USA are via c section. The WHO reccomends a national rate of just 5-15%. Too often doctors will be irresponsible in scheduling a c section or granting one at the request of the mother when there is no medical reason to do so. Reasons are often cited as planning for family to be there, cosmetic reasons, planning around doctor's vacation time.

C-sections are the norm in Korea, from what I understand, yet infant mortality is lower than the United States, so I'm not sure if their is that big of a link between C-sections and infant mortality.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

Everything is almost artificial, fake food, growth hormones in food, high sugar, obesity and let's not forget the U.S.'s high poverty rate. The poorer you are the less likely you can afford healthier meals.

it's not just poor quality food, fact is being a parent in the United States is only something wealthy people are apparently supposed to afford.

June 14, 2013 RFE

it's not just poor quality food, fact is being a parent in the United States is only something wealthy people are apparently supposed to afford.

Well you would think that people that could not afford babies would stop spitting them out and expecting a Govt check, wouldn't you.

That is the reason babies are dying. They are dying because single moms are having babies they don't give 2 cents about, to bolster their social standing and get a check.

The babies, as noted in the report leave the hospital ok

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

C-sections are the norm in Korea, from what I understand, yet infant mortality is lower than the United States, so I'm not sure if their is that big of a link between C-sections and infant mortality.

I don't think that it's much different, I believe Korea is between 35-37% and their infant mortality rate is about half of what the USA's is. There are several studies on it but everyone has their theories.

Timeline

Well you would think that people that could not afford babies would stop spitting them out and expecting a Govt check, wouldn't you.

That is the reason babies are dying. They are dying because single moms are having babies they don't give 2 cents about, to bolster their social standing and get a check.

The babies, as noted in the report leave the hospital ok

OK, why is it that single moms (how common is it really, I would like to see some statistics on the subject, feel that their only way out from poverty is by having a child?

I don't think that it's much different, I believe Korea is between 35-37% and their infant mortality rate is about half of what the USA's is. There are several studies on it but everyone has their theories.

So it doesn't seem much of a factor then.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Filed: Timeline

“If Alabama were a country, its rate of 8.7 infant deaths per 1,000 would place it slightly behind Lebanon in the world rankings,” Christopher Ingraham recently noted in The Washington Post, while “Mississippi, with its 9.6 deaths, would be somewhere between Botswana and Bahrain.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/why-american-babies-die/381008/

Murka! Red States! Yeah!

Timeline

InKorea the studies are an interesting read. The facts are there. I will agree to disagree with you.

Not according to this site.

It is a potentially devastating indictment of the rising C-section rate. Most midwifery and natural childbirth websites claim that elective C-section triples the rate of neonatal mortality. Mainstream web sites like Feministing.com, and newspapers like The New York Times have repeated the claim. Theres just one problem. Its not true

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/does-c-section-increase-the-rate-of-neonatal-death/

June 14, 2013 RFE

OK, why is it that single moms (how common is it really, I would like to see some statistics on the subject, feel that their only way out from poverty is by having a child?

It's not about a way out of poverty. It's the realization that being born into poverty, they're more likely than not to be stuck there. And with the kids being born to these girls, the expectation of being stuck in poverty becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Not only for these girls but for their kids as well. It's a vicious cycle.

Not according to this site.

true story, I was just about to post that same link!

This one too.http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/whats-the-right-c-section-rate-higher-than-you-think/

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It should be mandatory abortions for all pregnant women who make less than 125% of the poverty level.(a sponsor would also work)

Make it like the immigration process.

Ohhhh….I forgot….the laws for immigration favor those who break them.

It's not about a way out of poverty. It's the realization that being born into poverty, they're more likely than not to be stuck there. And with the kids being born to these girls, the expectation of being stuck in poverty becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Not only for these girls but for their kids as well. It's a vicious cycle.

Kids are a comfort measure for many, in the grind of poverty. As far as being cash cows though, they do a terrible job. The supposed "welfare queen" benefits in having more children vs the actual cost of those children simply do not pencil out.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Kids are a comfort measure for many, in the grind of poverty. As far as being cash cows though, they do a terrible job. The supposed "welfare queen" benefits in having more children vs the actual cost of those children simply do not pencil out.

I know. But try and get that into a right wing skull.

It should be mandatory abortions for all pregnant women who make less than 125% of the poverty level.(a sponsor would also work)

Make it like the immigration process.

Ohhhh….I forgot….the laws for immigration favor those who break them.

Just as it should be mandatory shut down for any business not paying at least 125% of the living wage in the area, right?