Omar313

ROC evidence question.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question regarding my wife's ROC application that I will be sending out next month. As far as the evidence goes, this is all I have. We live with my parents at this time until my wife finishes up school and I can save up enough to get our own place(around July 2015) hopefully.

We don't have any joint bills because that's all under my fathers name. I have the following evidence so far.

2013 tax transcripts/return-filed jointly.

Copy of our ID's & DL -showing same address

My life insurance with her as the primary beneficiary.

Our daughters birth certificate who was born here(U.S) about 6 months ago-showing us both as her parents.

Pictures of us together-on trips-with my family.

A cover letter explaining our situation.

Should we be expecting an RFE or interview? By the way, my wife was interviewed at her AOS stage and it went very smooth, we received the approval email about 2 hours after we left the interview. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

No chance of you having any joint accounts of any kind? Car insurance/title? Memberships like Costco/zoo/YMCA/etc? You might look into having a will written up as well, those are simple yet pretty solid proof of relationships. They really like to see joint financial ties, so without them I would think the chance of an RFE and/or interview is high.

Edited by seth2013

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

With those evidences, you will get RFE definitively as well as an interview. It is sad to say, but child certificate is not really a comingling evidence (I know it is stupid.) You need to add those:

1. Old leases (if any) or affadavit of communial residence by your parent.

2. Car insurances, car registration.

3. Cover letter explains everything.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I can have a will written up, get an affadavit from parents, she doesn't drive so i can't put the car under her name. I will write a cover letter explaining everything. Anything else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Mutual wills will be excellent evidence. Other such documents (often suggested or prepared by lawyers at the same time as a will) are a Medical Power of Attorney and a HIPAA release. See what other such documents you can add. Even more important than their helpfulness during the ROC process is to have them in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Australia
Timeline

Do you have any joint bank accounts or credit cards? You need as much co-mingling of finances as possible.

If no... Best open one up ASAP!! You can easily open up a prepaid credit card with both names on an account.

I would also suggest getting her life insurance policy with you as her beneficiary. Again, very easy to open one up online and pay the few dollars a month.

Also, join AAA, and you can get yourself and her, covered, they'll issue yall both a AAA card each. She doesn't need a license for this.

Have health insurance? Easy to open up an account online with both your names on there. While it may take a while to get the actual insurance cards, no matter, just print out the application you filled in along with the confirmation of coverage .... And in your cover letter you can state that yall just opened one up together see attached application which shows this.

I would also suggest getting at least 2 affidavits - one from a family member and one from a friend.

And coz your living with your parents, have them write up a "rental agreement" which both you and wifey will sign, as well as parents, as I'm sure you are adding some kind of money towards the family home (whether it be food bills, electricity, etc) so you do have a "$" amount you can list for rent. It will also show the dates took which will also help as evidence. You can easily find lease examples on google!

Hope all this helps! Everything I've listed above is what me and hubby did when I was going thru ROC. Had no RFE and no issues with the process!

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

05/17/11... I-751 packet mailed to VSC... 05/18/11... I-751 packet received... 05/24/11... Check cashed... 05/26/11... NOA1 received (receipt date 05/19/11)... 06/25/11... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 07/20)... 06/28/11... Early Walk-In for Biometrics (Durham NC)... 12/30/11... I-751 Petition Approved (called USCIS on 01/04 and was advised of approval)... 01/05/12... Card Production Ordered... 01/05/12... Approval Letter received... 01/XX/12... GC received in the mail... 04/08/14... 

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

05/09/14... Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule...10/08/14... N-400 packet sent via UPS to Texas (finally!)...10/10/14... N-400 packet received...10/16/14... Check cashed...10/20/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)...10/31/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 11/12/14)...11/12/14... Biometrics completed (Tampa FL)...11/13/14... Received yellow letter today (Dated 11/07/14)...11/14/14... In line for interview (e-notifications received at 12.36pm)...12/24/14... Interview scheduled (e-notifications received)...01/02/15... Interview letter received (Interview set for 02/03/15)...02/03/15... Interview completed Successfully!...02/11/15... In line for Oath! (e-notifications received at 7.00pm)...02/12/15... Oath scheduled & letter sent (e-notifications received at 1.30pm)...02/17/15... Oath letter received (Oath set for 02/23/15)...02/23/15... Oath Ceremony at 1pm in the Tampa Field Office... I'm officially a US Citizen!!

I-130 FOR MY PARENTS TIMELINE

11/14/16... I-130 packet for my parents sent via UPS to Phoenix

11/15/16... I-130 packet received (Priority Date)

11/18/16... Checks cashed, received emails and text messages at 5:22pm, cases routed to Texas Service Center

02/22/17... NOA2 for Mom received (Notice Date 02/15/17)

02/28/17... NOA2 for Dad received (Notice Date 02/17/17)

03/01/17... Status online shows application sent to NVC 

03/17/17... Received emails from NVC for next steps!

03/21/17... Went online to Choose an Agent

03/28/17... Received emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

04/05/17... Paid the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online today (Also eligible to pay the $325 Fee but will wait before doing so...)

April-August... Took a break from the process in order to move back from USVI to mainland USA.

08/07/17... Paid the IV Fees for both my parents ($325 each) today

08/23/17... Called NVC because payment still showing "In Process", was advised to email proof of payment to have them manually correct it

08/24/17... CEAC website shows "Paid" and can now have parents' DS-260 forms filled in.

Do you have any joint bank accounts or credit cards? You need as much co-mingling of finances as possible.

If no... Best open one up ASAP!! You can easily open up a prepaid credit card with both names on an account.

I would also suggest getting her life insurance policy with you as her beneficiary. Again, very easy to open one up online and pay the few dollars a month.

Also, join AAA, and you can get yourself and her, covered, they'll issue yall both a AAA card each. She doesn't need a license for this.

Have health insurance? Easy to open up an account online with both your names on there. While it may take a while to get the actual insurance cards, no matter, just print out the application you filled in along with the confirmation of coverage .... And in your cover letter you can state that yall just opened one up together see attached application which shows this.

I would also suggest getting at least 2 affidavits - one from a family member and one from a friend.

And coz your living with your parents, have them write up a "rental agreement" which both you and wifey will sign, as well as parents, as I'm sure you are adding some kind of money towards the family home (whether it be food bills, electricity, etc) so you do have a "$" amount you can list for rent. It will also show the dates took which will also help as evidence. You can easily find lease examples on google!

Hope all this helps! Everything I've listed above is what me and hubby did when I was going thru ROC. Had no RFE and no issues with the process!

Opening joint accounts at this moment is neccessarily useless. In USCIS perspective, it will look you are trying to cook up some evidences to avoid an interview.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Alright, first off, thank you everyone for the advice and help, I really appreciate it.

Secondly, I went ahead got the following papers ready.

Gopy of her green card

Both our ID's showing the same address

Copy of our marriage cert

Copy of our daughters birth certificate

Affidavit from my parents-stating that we live in the house with them and what bills I pay.

Wills-for both of us

Medical power of attorneys for both of us

Pictures from the past 2 years, from trips to my daughters birth and family gatherings.

Are we in good shape or should I still be worried? Thank you guys again for all the help & replies.

Timeline

Oh & I forgot to mention the tax returns/transcripts from 2013 which we filed jointly. I will be filing taxes again this year(jointly) but I'm sending out the package before that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.