26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-3 "does not exist" do not be foolish, take the shortest route, a K-1 visa, easier, and twice as quick, !!!

Be rational, use your head, and do the prudent thing, file a K-1, and have this done in a few months, a I130 is 12-16 months, K-1 is about 4-6 months!

Forget K-3, is obsolete!

Can I just ask what the difference is between a K3 and CR-1?

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I just ask what the difference is between a K3 and CR-1?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

This link will tell you what you need to know about the differences between visas. Basically, CR1 is cheaper, takes a little longer but you don't have to wait for authorization to work or travel outside the US. Hope this helps :).

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

This link will tell you what you need to know about the differences between visas. Basically, CR1 is cheaper, takes a little longer but you don't have to wait for authorization to work or travel outside the US. Hope this helps :).

Thanks! Hopefully everything will go smoothly with my K1 and I won't ever need to know this... but just incase :P

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think we will be next

our approval hasn't been provided yet

if we get the K1- Denial I think we're going for K3 visa

CR1 will take a long time

You don;t choose the K3. The Cr1 path is your only option.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In order to file for a k3 you have to first have your noa1 from the cr1 petition. So you can either file another k1 petition with the correct information, or travel to your fiance country marry there and file for a cr1 and wait. If you want to do the extra paper work you can file the k3 when you get your noa1, but most everyone I have seen the cr1 and k3 petition get approved at the same time, so it cancels out the k3.

K-3 "does not exist" do not be foolish, take the shortest route, a K-1 visa, easier, and twice as quick, !!!

Be rational, use your head, and do the prudent thing, file a K-1, and have this done in a few months, a I130 is 12-16 months, K-1 is about 4-6 months!

Forget K-3, is obsolete!

Not true about CR-1. Ours took 8 months from the filing of the first documents to my spouse landing in the USA. No attorney needed...Visa Journey made this fairly simple to do.

It's very unlikely you would receive a K-3 visa even if you applied for it.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

K1 would be the fastest. That's the route that I took, and I received my K1 visa in less than 10 months. There are others who were faster, 5 months or so. It depends what office processes yours and where the interview will take place. Some offices take longer to set up an interview due to a massive amount of people booking their interviews, as well.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I read the post and some of the responses and really doesn't seem like you are suppling enough info here to allow someone else to advise you. Here is what I see.

You say your K! was deneyed but the specifics of which point of the process it stopped at is not real clear.

Sound like you had the a bad lawyer that was clueless and may perhaps may have given you inaccurate information.

I read one post saying if the turn down for visa was due to missing information then there would have been a request for more evidence (RFE).

My understanding is if the RFE goes unanswered, then the petition gets canceled. Is it possible that is what happened?

Because you already have a petition submitted and possibly turned down, to refile or answer the RFE you need to know exactly what went wrong not assumptions.

Visajourney is an awesome community of people and they can help you learn all about the process in addition to your studying the various govt websites.

But what is faster may not be you resubmitting this yourself but rather getting a lawyer that specializes in immigration visa to sort this out.

My opinion is that because you submitted a 129F K1 petition that aparently was weak in at least one of the required areas, there may also be other areas of the petition that will raise questions later down the road.

A immigration lawyer can quickly review your case and decide on what is the best course of action. If you are doing this yourself. You have to gather the info and then (possibly) decode it into a plan.

For most people learning all of this govt required stuff takes time and assuming you have a job it can require a lot of days, weeks or months to sort out.

So doing it yourself isn't necessarily the fastest way. You have to determine for yourself if your a really quick study or not if the goal is fast.

Finiance is also a factor, a good lawyer may run $1500-$2500 depending on what they might have to do to handle the first petition submitted. Hopefully you have an EXACT copy of what was submitted in your K1 petition.

If serious errors were made by the first lawyer, might require the credibility of a second lawyer to explain that to the USCIS.

If money is tight then you can potentially refile with the help of a company that assists by filling in the application and assembling the petition.

There are a LOT of these and Rapidvisa.com was the nicest one I found. The person I spoke with was nice at explaining certain confusions I had at that point. They had a very reasonable price and track record also.

Using a service like this gives you a live "partner" to call and say hey what does this part mean?? and get an answer or explanation.

You can get questions answered here at VJ also but the live person will be asking you the questions all of us are wondering about what went wrong or what actuall facts do you have?

I choose to create my 129F petition learning from the successes and losses I was reading about here on VJ because even with a lawyer, there is a lot of documents the couple need to dig out themselves and then hand to the lawyer or company assembing the petition.

I just figured since I was doing most of the work anyway digging the documents out why not do it all. And cost was more of a factor for me.

So only you can weigh the factors to determine should you redo this yourself or get a proper lawyer?

Good luck anyway.

Hopefully the posts will help you reach your decision one way or another.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.