lostinblue

Liberals are more emotion-driven than conservatives

142 posts in this topic

Says the moderate.

I was just offering my honest unbiased observation, not say one is right and the other wrong. Liberals are more emotional and less fact based. sometimes this is good and sometimes it's bad. conservatives tend to be more history based, but with little compassion.

My conservative friends give me caca about being a liberal, because i support Gay and reproductive right and support 100% background checks as well as fully socialized healthcare. Not to mention fully support the separation of church and state.

Cant get much more liberal than that can you?

But Oh my don't support a idiotic weapons ban, don't support illegal immigration or think Obama is acting beyond his powers. OMG your a RWNJ

Not to go all Don Quixote on you Chief, but you are talking to man that argued Liberals are not more emotion driven, by saying Liberals lead with their heart. Let the enormity of that sink in

I freakin' hate it when you use logic on VJ. While most here will get it, there are a select few who will fail to comprehend that of which ye speak.

The cute thing about math is that numbers don't lie. As compared to statistics, which tell whatever tale one wishes to spin...

I was just offering my honest unbiased observation, not say one is right and the other wrong. Liberals are more emotional and less fact based. sometimes this is good and sometimes it's bad. conservatives tend to be more history based, but with little compassion.

My conservative friends give me caca about being a liberal, because i support Gay and reproductive right and support 100% background checks as well as fully socialized healthcare. Not to mention fully support the separation of church and state.

But Oh my don't support a idiotic weapons ban, don't support illegal immigration or think Obama is acting beyond his powers. OMG your a RWNJ

I'm glad to see you're not emotional about it. :devil: The way I see it, both sides are over the top where emotion is concerned, especially here at VJ.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I'm glad to see you're not emotional about it. :devil: The way I see it, both sides are over the top where emotion is concerned, especially here at VJ.

Yes both sides indeed. Only they two of us in the middle can see that.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You are incorrect in your assumptions; a common mistake, so don't panic.

The majority of the American people, in the context of elections, is actually 50%+1 [registered] voters. They represent the deciding stratum of the population in our democratic process. Their votes decide the elections for everyone.

317 million is the population of the US, not the number of [registered] voters. Consider there are LPRs, children and other individuals who are not allowed to vote in presidential elections.

It is really, really not all that complicated.

You can get suitable age-appropriate information in the link: http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/articles/government/howthepresidentiselected.htm

You can also ask your petitioner to go over this with you: http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/presentationsandactivities/presentations/elections/elecprocess.html

QED.

Let's clarify this for posterity sake....

51.1% of the REGISTERED voters represents the "majority" of America. I know you are not from our country, and our ways may still elude you, so perhaps you should talk of that which ye know more.

Only about 36% of Americans voted in 2014, one of the lowest voter turnouts since WWII (SOURCE). So using 317M as the population, 51.1% is only 58.3M folks, or about 18.4% of the total population. THAT is the "majority" you are trying to articulate.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The majority of the American people, in the context of elections, is actually 50%+1 [registered] voters. They represent the deciding stratum of the population in our democratic process. Their votes decide the elections for everyone.

317 million is the population of the US, not the number of [registered] voters. Consider there are LPRs, children and other individuals who are not allowed to vote in presidential elections.

You can get suitable age-appropriate information in the link: http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/articles/government/howthepresidentiselected.htm

QED.

Fo Real. I see you know put registered in brackets. So which is it. The majority of Americans or the majority of registered voters. Two different things. Maybe it's the ESL thing . not kicking in ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Diceman called transvestites transtesticles.

Dice was interviewed on the idiot box this morning (on a local AM news show). He's gained a few pounds -- I might not have recognized him until he talked. Seems he is shilling for a new book he has out.

Edited by unsmiley

You can also ask your petitioner to go over this with you: http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/presentationsandactivities/presentations/elections/elecprocess.html

QED.

As I tried to explain to you before, it's Q.E.D. Extremely simple, yet....

The numbers I gave you are accurate, no need for you to make any others up. I never said half +1 of 317M, YOU said that.

I understand why you may have a problem with Engrish, but math is fairly universal. Shouldn't be so hard, unless one uses "common core".

As I tried to explain to you before, it's Q.E.D. Extremely simple, yet....

The numbers I gave you are accurate, no need for you to make any others up. I never said half +1 of 317M, YOU said that.

I understand why you may have a problem with Engrish, but math is fairly universal. Shouldn't be so hard, unless one uses "common core".

T20_Cricket_IH_301_Medium_.jpg

You are so cool with that TM thing. I wanted to do that but was too lazy to Google. Did you know that without looking it up

Just FYI you can not be so rabid anti-gun and be middle of the road

MY Middle of the road creds, Hardly the beliefs of a RWNJ huh ?

Yes to

Woman's right to choose

Gay rights

Stopping the war on drugs

100% background check on all gun transfers

Punishing Business for hiring illegals

No or very little income tax for all Citizens making under

Stopping military interference in other countries

Funny what you consider to be "rabid anti-gun".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In my opinion you are a middle of the road guy. The problem you are up against on VJ is that many of the liberals on here consider themselves normal/just liberals….when in fact they are far left extremists. Their perception/reality is wacked.

In my opinion you are a middle of the road guy. The problem you are up against on VJ is that many of the liberals on here consider themselves normal/just liberals….when in fact they are far left extremists. Their perception/reality is wacked.

So says the right wing extremist. :wacko:

In my opinion you are a middle of the road guy. The problem you are up against on VJ is that many of the liberals on here consider themselves normal/just liberals.when in fact they are far left extremists. Their perception/reality is wacked.

Let it stand on the record as a very accurate assessment, at least as regards the VJ lefties. Props to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So says the right wing extremist. :wacko:

All you need to do is look at the policies NB supports.

Just because he has common sense does not automatically make him a conservative.