lostinblue

Liberals are more emotion-driven than conservatives

142 posts in this topic

Of course you do. All founding members have veto power.

Power!!! Aww yeah. It's already going to my head. I want to be referred to as Batman from now on. :goofy:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Don't we have a say in who gets to join? :devil:

No I am the owner, founder and only memebr other than Spooks.

Just like a bunch of bleeding hearts, find something that works and want to take it over

Marv I may let you in on a diversity hardship

Filed: Timeline

Why Obama Won: The Empathy Factor

What is the common denominator, the central thread running through these policy choices? It's not just compassion, defined as a sympathetic awareness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it; it's empathy -- the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts and experience of another.

In other words, empathy is not merely feeling sorry for those who are less fortunate and wanting to help them, but it's being able to put oneself in another's shoes and to imagine what they are experiencing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tamar-birckhead/obama-reelection_b_2100111.html

More importantly (from your quoted article):

When we voted for President Obama, what were we motivated by? For each of us it was different, but collectively we knew what we didn't want: a government that would repeal health care reform, end Medicare, cut food stamps, or give a 20 percent tax cut to millionaires and billionaires. We didn't want to overturn Roe v. Wade, veto the Dream Act, pass a constitutional amendment outlawing gay marriage, or let the auto industry go bankrupt. And we didn't want to return our foreign policy to the architects of the Iraq War.

What is the common denominator, the central thread running through these policy choices? It's not just compassion, defined as a sympathetic awareness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it; it's empathy -- the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts and experience of another.

Power!!! Aww yeah. It's already going to my head. I want to be referred to as Batman from now on. :goofy:

Ain't but on founding member and he is I and I is he

Just like a bunch of bleeding hearts, find something that works and want to take it over

Isn't it the democratic method which takes from those who have and gives to those who have not? Does not matter that there is only enough for one, it will be shared among all who stand around and claim they are qualified...

Isn't it the democratic method which takes from those who have and gives to those who have not? Does not matter that there is only enough for one, it will be shared among all who stand around and claim they are qualified...

I spent months building up the MINO name brand. Now those Bastards just want to walk in and take it because it's popular. Uh UH No way

Holy income redistribution batman - You can still say bastards

Edited by The Nature Boy

I spent months building up the MINO name brand. Now those Bastards just want to walk in and take it because it's popular. Uh UH No way

Holy income redistribution batman - You can still say bastards

Oh no, you absolutely own the MINO label (Middle In Name Only).

But by continuing to say that you are "Middle Of The Road" is insulting to us real Middle Of The Road Peeps. We need to separate the two.

Edited by Teddy B

Have you been drinking conservative Kool Aid again?!?!?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Holy trip Batman!

I demand better treatment than everyone else, but less hardship. It's arrogant and thoughtful at the same time.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marvin does act white. So yes i must be a moderate

-_- wake me up when he plays badmitton.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oh no, you absolutely own the MINO label (Middle In Name Only).

But by continuing to say that you are "Middle Of The Road" is insulting to us real Middle Of The Road Peeps. We need to separate the two.

You are so cool with that TM thing. I wanted to do that but was too lazy to Google. Did you know that without looking it up

Just FYI you can not be so rabid anti-gun and be middle of the road

MY Middle of the road creds, Hardly the beliefs of a RWNJ huh ?

Yes to

Woman's right to choose

Gay rights

Stopping the war on drugs

100% background check on all gun transfers

Punishing Business for hiring illegals

No or very little income tax for all Citizens making under

Stopping military interference in other countries

-_- wake me up when he plays badmitton.

I do. My first wife was German so I swing a mean racquet.

Or croquet.

Sorry, even I have my limits...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg