Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Please keep me posted guys my scan date is October 2 also!! Hope we can get CC very soon (it's only Tuesday) so hopefully 3 more days they'll reach October by Friday!! Prayers for all of us!!

Will do! but you probably will hear something before us since your scan date is a day before :) let us know... omg this is so nerve wrecking. :( also for the last two month they been kind of steady on rolling over month to month I been kind of keeping track Nvc started working August cases on 9/25 and Sept cases on 10/27 so hopefully they keep it up or speed up the process... so maybe Oct starts next week or end of this week :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Will I get an email notification when NVC receives my approved case from USCIS ? I called NVC and they haven't received my case yet. The operator told me that they will send an email when they receive it

No, call them once a week till you get your case number and iin # and at that time you will give them your email address to start getting stuff from them.. for what I heard they are taking long to get a case # now :( lots of patience and double and triple check all doc before sending them to avoid that evil evil check list.. good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC FINALLY GOT OUR CASE TODAAAAY

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone, if I am not mistaken, the last scan date on here was 9/30 correct? That means they should start on October dates this week right? I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!!

I really hope they start off October sometime this week. My scan date is Oct 9th and am hoping to get CC by end of this month!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No, call them once a week till you get your case number and iin # and at that time you will give them your email address to start getting stuff from them.. for what I heard they are taking long to get a case # now :( lots of patience and double and triple check all doc before sending them to avoid that evil evil check list.. good luck

Thank you for the info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ ers ~ I'm wondering if anyone else if having problems calling NVC using Skype from outside the U.S. We are in Thailand. I have been using Skype to call the NVC for the past 2 months and as of last night it started giving me an "invalid phone #" response when calling the exact same contact # that has been in my list for months now and has been working fine. Anyone else experiencing the same problem. Tried it from my husbands Skype account on a different computer and it's the same story. ??? hmmm~ frustrating.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guYz,

I was arrived in america on 25 oct last month, I have submitted my package in POE.But still I did't reveive my green card, although fees has been submitted almost one month before my departure from pakistan.Can u tell me when can I expect to have my green card in my hand and what is the timelines of green card arrival.My visa is spouse visa CR1.Thanx

Usman ali

Same Skype problem here. It rings a few times and then stops....says call failed...I just thought the lines were very busy today.

Hello VJ ers ~ I'm wondering if anyone else if having problems calling NVC using Skype from outside the U.S. We are in Thailand. I have been using Skype to call the NVC for the past 2 months and as of last night it started giving me an "invalid phone #" response when calling the exact same contact # that has been in my list for months now and has been working fine. Anyone else experiencing the same problem. Tried it from my husbands Skype account on a different computer and it's the same story. ??? hmmm~ frustrating.....

Timeline

Same Skype problem here. It rings a few times and then stops....says call failed...I just thought the lines were very busy today.

NYJones~ are you trying to call in from outside the U.S? We're getting an "invalid #" message from Skype when the number was working fine last week...we've called many times. I tried it last night and thought it may be a glitch but today the same thing and we've tried it from my husbands account as well. Seems as though something has changed in the system.

Hopefully it is fixed soon. I only started using skype after magic jack discontinued calls to the NVC but with any luck I won't have to call the NVC anymore after this month.

NYJones~ are you trying to call in from outside the U.S? We're getting an "invalid #" message from Skype when the number was working fine last week...we've called many times. I tried it last night and thought it may be a glitch but today the same thing and we've tried it from my husbands account as well. Seems as though something has changed in the system.

Timeline

Hopefully it is fixed soon. I only started using skype after magic jack discontinued calls to the NVC but with any luck I won't have to call the NVC anymore after this month.

Well, I wonder if Skype has now discontinued calls to the NVC. We have been able to call without problems from Thailand for the past two months up until last night when the number started saying "invalid" NYJones.... Are you calling from OUTSIDE the U.S??

Well, I wonder if Skype has now discontinued calls to the NVC. We have been able to call without problems from Thailand for the past two months up until last night when the number started saying "invalid" NYJones.... Are you calling from OUTSIDE the U.S??

Yes, I am calling from the Caribbean

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys,

I got CC on 12th Nov. and now waiting for Interview to be schedule At Mumbai embassy.

Any of you have idea how long does it take to be schedule the interview or I need to call embassy for that?

They will schedule it automatically and let you know. They schedule at the end of the month and beginning of the month so you can give them a call about a week from now to check.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.