1,482 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance called NVC today - We got our case number! Our file has not been sent to the consulate yet, but I was thinking - instead of trying to get through to NVC to find out when it gets sent out, do you think its worth just calling the DOS instead in about a week? Is it easier to get them on the phone, or is it about the same in terms of busy signals and hold wait times?

You are my hero andymac, that gives me hope. I'm calling tomorrow! We'll see if ours were on the same truck! I'm excited :) I don't know about the DOS, but do keep us posted on what you find out.

Okay.. I might have spoken a bit too soon.. I just got off the phone with NVC (I actually hadn't spoken to them since last week) and we FINALLY got our case #!!!! Totally stoked!!! YIPPIE!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Hi Romet,

Sorry to bother you but I really need help for the NVC number, it's almost 2 weeks since my fiancé received our NOA2.. And I have a lot of crickets lol! I was reading another thread last night and there are cases thier I-29f didn't reach NVC and they keep calling but they keep saying they didn't received IT yet or wait and wait! I googled NVC's number but I just want to make it sure from your experience. Thank you for your help ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are my hero andymac, that gives me hope. I'm calling tomorrow! We'll see if ours were on the same truck! I'm excited :) I don't know about the DOS, but do keep us posted on what you find out.

I hope they have yours too! Is the NVC open on Saturdays?

I just remembered reading that you can check your status using your Case Number online - a quick visajourney search turned up this link:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Posted here again for future reference :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope they have yours too! Is the NVC open on Saturdays?

Darn, no they aren't. I'll call Monday then, as I'm driving down to visit my fiance tonight.

Thanks for the link, that's very useful!

Edited because the forum edits out the mildest of dirty words, apparently!

Edited by Rhaenerys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance called NVC today - We got our case number! Our file has not been sent to the consulate yet, but I was thinking - instead of trying to get through to NVC to find out when it gets sent out, do you think its worth just calling the DOS instead in about a week? Is it easier to get them on the phone, or is it about the same in terms of busy signals and hold wait times?

Congrat! This give me hope, my NOA 2 is exactly 1week after your. I'll call them on Tuesday and hopefully they'll have our packet. BTW Monday is a federal holiday, MLK day, so I doubt NVC will be opening.

11/25/2014 I-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

12/04/2014 Receipt NOA 1 via email

12/10/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 1

12/24/2014 Receipt NOA 2 via checking website

12/26/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 2

01/20/2014 On hold for ONLY 30 min, got our case# MTL 1234....

02/10/2014 Called NVC (4 times in 3weeks) no update. Checked website in afternoon, IN TRANSIT?!!

02/11/2014 READY. After 21 days of no activity our status magically jumped 2 levels in less than 24hr.

Emailed MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV requested further communication via email.

02/17/2014 Got an email response from MTL "Your file is being reviewed. We soon provide you instructions."

03/04/2014 Submitted multiple inquiries with no response! Tired of waiting around, so emailed in Packet 3 with copy of student visa.

03/09/2014 CEAC Status Date changed AGAIN to today. Hope this mean we'll be getting Packet 4 soon.

03/11/2014 GOT PACKET 4! CEAC Status Date changed.

04/17/2014 Interview appointment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Darn to that too! Guess I need to be really patient!

Well my case got to NVC on the 14th, so if yours is there, maybe by the time you call, both of our cases will have already left for the consulate! hahaha

Apparently DOS won't talk to you anymore, however you can just type your case number into the immigration section on CEAC and it will tell you if it's in transit or at the embassy :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

My NVC case number isn't pulling up on the CEAC website. I got the case number and an invoice number. :(

06/05/15: Entry to the United States

06/12/15: Married!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

07/28/15: I-485 SENT

07/29/15: I-485 RECEIVED

08/03/15: NOA1 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

08/17/15: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

10/16/15: INTERVIEW

10/16/15: APPROVED!

10/20/15: GREEN CARD IN HAND

REMOVING OF CONDITIONS:

07/18/2017: I-751 SENT

07/20/2017: I-751 RECEIVED

07/22/2017: CHECK CASHED

07/24/2017: NOA 1 RECEIVED DATED 7-20-17

08/21/2017: Called USCIS for an update, have not received biometrics letter

09/05/2017: Received email saying we will be electronically added to scheduling list.

11/03/2017: Called USCIS for an update, spoke with Tier II, still have not received biometrics letter.

02/26/2018: Case status shows case is now at local office. 

05/05/2018: Received NOA that biometrics appointment will not be needed. 

NATURALIZATION:

09/24/2018: N-400 Application submitted. (Online) 

My NVC case number isn't pulling up on the CEAC website. I got the case number and an invoice number. :(

Maybe it will work in a couple of days!

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone

first of all congrats to everyone who got good updated news on thier cases and good luck to whom is still waiting , we got our Noa2 last monday the 12th , iam planing to go to morocco on the 26th to see my family and bring both birth and police certificates , as i know in morocco we can get two different types of birth certificate , a summarised one which include applicant´s full name , place of birth , date of birth , nationality , parents names , stamped and signed , and other one with more datails for instance applicant´s date of birth (in lunar year too ) , Parents date of birth + (in Lunar year too ) , parents prefession ,parents nationalities , and finally parents place of birth , stamped and signed as well , iam wondering which one may interest the US embassy in Spain , any help or advise would be appreciated , thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone

first of all congrats to everyone who got good updated news on thier cases and good luck to whom is still waiting , we got our Noa2 last monday the 12th , iam planing to go to morocco on the 26th to see my family and bring both birth and police certificates , as i know in morocco we can get two different types of birth certificate , a summarised one which include applicant´s full name , place of birth , date of birth , nationality , parents names , stamped and signed , and other one with more datails for instance applicant´s date of birth (in lunar year too ) , Parents date of birth + (in Lunar year too ) , parents prefession ,parents nationalities , and finally parents place of birth , stamped and signed as well , iam wondering which one may interest the US embassy in Spain , any help or advise would be appreciated , thank you

I was wondering about this too. I'm not sure how spain will be but I'm going to email the moroccan consulate and ask whether the short version or if they need the detailed version. My SO is being a little bit of a pain and says he doesn't know of the detailed version, so I figured I will just ask the consulate myself :)

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

How did you get the invoice number? Were we supposed to ask for that too when we talked to NVC?

I never got one either...

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did you get the invoice number? Were we supposed to ask for that too when we talked to NVC?

I have the same question. The invoice number is something only the NVC can assign, correct? So we're talking about a different number from the Receipt Number on the NOA2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.