1,482 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got our case number! ☺️

Oooh your time line is just a few days ahead of mine, that's very encouraging! I'll call again Monday!

Edited because I cant spell. :)

Edited by Rhaenerys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes!! I agree with you both!! Its so strange!! I already did my intent to marry when I filled out 129 form but I guess they want me to do this again. I also called USCIS this morning just to verify and they said it doesn't have to be an "official" translator just someone that speaks and reads english and the foreign language that is able to translate word for word that intent to marry is correct and accurate in both languages. So he will mail it out to me monday... inchaallah. I am planning to make a trip on there end of February - Cristin can you inbox me the things are you taking with you or forms and things you will be doing there for this process?

MonCherie (F)

129F mailed 11/15/14

Received at CSC 11/21/14

NOA1 Received in mail 12/13/14

RFE Notice text/email 01/03/15

RFE Notice Received in mail 01/08/15

RFE Sent 01/19/15

RFE received at CSC text/email notification 01/21/15

NOA2 "Approval" text/email notification received 01/29/15

NVC Received Petition 2/10/15 (No case number available yet)

NVC assigned Case Number!!! 2/12/15 alhamdolilah

Consulate received case 2/20/15

Medical booked for 3/16/15 alhamdolilah

Interview booked for 3/30/15 Inchaallah alhamdolilah :)

Visa approved 3/30/15 alhamdoulilah :):dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got our case number! ☺️

That's awesome! Congrats :)

I don't get it - everyone on here seems to be calling and actually getting through to NVC. Everytime we call we get a busy signal, and the two times it did ring, we got an automated message saying "We can't take your call right now, call back later!" in English, then Spanish. It's super frustrating...how are you people getting through multiple times per week?

And are you having the petitioner call, or are some beneficiaries calling? And how do you deal with the international calling expense when you are sitting on hold for half an hour? Do you just suck it up?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And are you having the petitioner call, or are some beneficiaries calling? And how do you deal with the international calling expense when you are sitting on hold for half an hour? Do you just suck it up?

I'm the beneficiary and I call. Call them as close to their opening time as possible. I just suck up the long distance fees, personally.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm the beneficiary and I call. Call them as close to their opening time as possible. I just suck up the long distance fees, personally.

Thanks, Rhaenerys :)

I wouldn't be so wary of the cost if we still had a landline, but my family got rid of it so we only have cell phones...and the cost of cell service is absurd here in Canada (as you probably know) :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! im a newbie here! And I have lots of question running out. My fiance filed the I-129 in the Csc last november 20, 2014 and he got a receipt Letter from the USCIS last dec 4, 2014. Just wondering if he should make the Cover letter even if without any letter yet after the ReCeipt letter. Or do we need to wait FIRST for the Noa1 to arrive. Your help would be very highly appreciate guys. Thanks!

Edited by Evangelistamonik

I was trying to be patient to call NVC, but I will be calling on Monday. The number you all have been calling is (603) 334-0700?

06/05/15: Entry to the United States

06/12/15: Married!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

07/28/15: I-485 SENT

07/29/15: I-485 RECEIVED

08/03/15: NOA1 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

08/17/15: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

10/16/15: INTERVIEW

10/16/15: APPROVED!

10/20/15: GREEN CARD IN HAND

REMOVING OF CONDITIONS:

07/18/2017: I-751 SENT

07/20/2017: I-751 RECEIVED

07/22/2017: CHECK CASHED

07/24/2017: NOA 1 RECEIVED DATED 7-20-17

08/21/2017: Called USCIS for an update, have not received biometrics letter

09/05/2017: Received email saying we will be electronically added to scheduling list.

11/03/2017: Called USCIS for an update, spoke with Tier II, still have not received biometrics letter.

02/26/2018: Case status shows case is now at local office. 

05/05/2018: Received NOA that biometrics appointment will not be needed. 

NATURALIZATION:

09/24/2018: N-400 Application submitted. (Online) 

Wish us luck :D

06/05/15: Entry to the United States

06/12/15: Married!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

07/28/15: I-485 SENT

07/29/15: I-485 RECEIVED

08/03/15: NOA1 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

08/17/15: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

10/16/15: INTERVIEW

10/16/15: APPROVED!

10/20/15: GREEN CARD IN HAND

REMOVING OF CONDITIONS:

07/18/2017: I-751 SENT

07/20/2017: I-751 RECEIVED

07/22/2017: CHECK CASHED

07/24/2017: NOA 1 RECEIVED DATED 7-20-17

08/21/2017: Called USCIS for an update, have not received biometrics letter

09/05/2017: Received email saying we will be electronically added to scheduling list.

11/03/2017: Called USCIS for an update, spoke with Tier II, still have not received biometrics letter.

02/26/2018: Case status shows case is now at local office. 

05/05/2018: Received NOA that biometrics appointment will not be needed. 

NATURALIZATION:

09/24/2018: N-400 Application submitted. (Online) 

Timeline

Hi! im a newbie here! And I have lots of question running out. My fiance filed the I-129 in the Csc last november 20, 2014 and he got a receipt Letter from the USCIS last dec 4, 2014. Just wondering if he should make the Cover letter even if without any letter yet after the ReCeipt letter. Or do we need to wait FIRST for the Noa1 to arrive. Your help would be very highly appreciate guys. Thanks!

Hi Welcome to the thread!!

To my understanding and experience so far, Your receipt letter is your NOA1, after this you might get a RFE (request for evidence) letter where they will ask you for more info that they need to continue your case. If not then you should get a NOA2 and usually that would be a Approval of your petition case. However, I am not sure what you mean by cover letter?

MonCherie (F)

129F mailed 11/15/14

Received at CSC 11/21/14

RFE Sent 01/19/15

Timeline

Letter of intent to marry, how we've met in the past two yrs? And all

You should have sent this with your petition about how you guys met and all... Cover letter as in intent to marry? then read below v v

Oh okay, I just received that noticed few days ago so we are working on ours... If you haven't already done so then start the intent to marry letters, for me we both have to write one and he has to write one in his language and then translated to english word for word. So save time you should start on it now so that way if you do get the noticed you can mail uscis the letters and the envelope the you received ur fiance's letter in keep that as well to you can show proof that he wrote it and mailed it to you or else if dont they might think you wrote both letters and mailed it to them since you responded right away to their RFE letter.

MonCherie (F)

129F mailed 11/15/14

Received at CSC 11/21/14

RFE Sent 01/19/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey guys! First let me say I know I may not say much ,but I constantly check in to see what's going on.... And I truly love and appreciate the support system within this group. My name is Kiera I left the U.S Aug9 to go and teach in Ethiopia...after having something traumatic happen my year before I left I need a change in scenery and wanted to stay productive if I wasn't going straight to Grad School...anyway I met my fiancé Abdu while I was teaching I was a 1st grade English Teacher and he was an IT teacher and administrator... In so little words The one year I spent in Ethiopia allowed me to do some self-healing,inspire others and most of all meet the man I always prayed to God for...the one man who opened my heart to love and taught me how to love again . Fast forward ..Abdu proposed to me on my birthday.....he said I was born for him...God created me just for him and led us to each other...from that day we decided to do the k-1 I returned to the states to teach and I filed our petition in Nov.we have our NOA1 just waiting now.however just w One thing I hate about waiting for approval is that it makes you think and second guess..."was there enough evidence in my packet?, did I triple check it ...lol etc. I say all this to say my waiting time is making me worry about do we have enough proof ...we sent pictures(we took a lot of engagement pictures...and a few others ...crazy but when we were together it never occurred to us to take a bunch of pics we just enjoyed our time), pictures of cards he had given me and flowers he sent me(all gifts while dating)viber chat logs,emails,phone cards,witness letter from friends and parents...a long statement in depth about how we met and why we want to be married. I also sent my proof of contract working there,my work permit etc and All necessary k-1formsforms.currently we only use viber ,and phone cards to communicate.However,being that as a teacher I have very few days off if we get approved do you guys thinkit would hurt our case that I didn't visit again...if I could I would but I need my job you know....though I'm wondering what other thing could I collect or do that we help make our process a smooth one.sorry for the long message...had a lot on the brain.

08/9/13 went to teach in Ethiopia
09/4/13 met Abdi at School
09/7/13 first date
04/25/14 Got engaged
06/30/14 returned to U.S.
11/10/14...I-129F sent
11/13/14...I-129F recieved
11/18/14.. NOA1 e-mail notification
11/24/14...NOA1 hard copy recieved in mail'

06/10/2015...NOA2 e-mail notification!!!!!!!!Thank God !!!

Timeline

Hey guys! First let me say I know I may not say much ,but I constantly check in to see what's going on.... And I truly love and appreciate the support system within this group. My name is Kiera I left the U.S Aug9 to go and teach in Ethiopia...after having something traumatic happen my year before I left I need a change in scenery and wanted to stay productive if I wasn't going straight to Grad School...anyway I met my fiancé Abdu while I was teaching I was a 1st grade English Teacher and he was an IT teacher and administrator... In so little words The one year I spent in Ethiopia allowed me to do some self-healing,inspire others and most of all meet the man I always prayed to God for...the one man who opened my heart to love and taught me how to love again . Fast forward ..Abdu proposed to me on my birthday.....he said I was born for him...God created me just for him and led us to each other...from that day we decided to do the k-1 I returned to the states to teach and I filed our petition in Nov.we have our NOA1 just waiting now.however just w One thing I hate about waiting for approval is that it makes you think and second guess..."was there enough evidence in my packet?, did I triple check it ...lol etc. I say all this to say my waiting time is making me worry about do we have enough proof ...we sent pictures(we took a lot of engagement pictures...and a few others ...crazy but when we were together it never occurred to us to take a bunch of pics we just enjoyed our time), pictures of cards he had given me and flowers he sent me(all gifts while dating)viber chat logs,emails,phone cards,witness letter from friends and parents...a long statement in depth about how we met and why we want to be married. I also sent my proof of contract working there,my work permit etc and All necessary k-1formsforms.currently we only use viber ,and phone cards to communicate.However,being that as a teacher I have very few days off if we get approved do you guys thinkit would hurt our case that I didn't visit again...if I could I would but I need my job you know....though I'm wondering what other thing could I collect or do that we help make our process a smooth one.sorry for the long message...had a lot on the brain.

Hi Kiera,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Its so cute that he proposed to you on your birthday :) I wouldn't worry or stress about anything, If you are missing anything they need they will let you know you will receive a RFE in the mail shortly after. So just focus on yourself and keep yourself busy till then. I know exactly how are you feeling cause my fiance and I were feeling the same way with this wait and not receiving any updates, but we finally got an update, even though i wish it was a approval letter it was a RFE but thats okay atleast we know now that they are working on the cases. I think because of the holidays there was so much delay but it should be fine now and I hope you receive something soon. I have a feeling you will be getting something real soon :) all the best and keep us posted with your updates :) would love to know how your process starts going... All the best!!!

MonCherie (F)

129F mailed 11/15/14

Received at CSC 11/21/14

RFE Sent 01/19/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.