kap6unka

NVC - case status in transit

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello everyone!

After 80+ calls in a row we finally got through to NVC and found out that today our case was sent to the Consular Section and case status is in transit.

The part I want to ask you about is: Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

But on the CEAC website is not written a word about when is the interview date. How and when will we find out about it? Is it sent in the letter beneficiary has to receive or in the Packet 3 from the Embassy?
By the way does anyone know how fast papers are usually delivered to the embassy and how fast do they send Packet 3 to the beneficiary?
Is anyone from Moldova, Europe here?
Please share your experience.
Thank you in advance for help!

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I found out my husband's interview by calling the NVC. they told me the date & time. it won't show on the CEAC website ur interview appointment.

& also did Nvc send you en e-mail confirming your interview?

(L)Ramiza & Idriz (L)

Scheduling the Interview Date

Once the U.S. Embassy Chisinau receives the approved petition from NVC, the Immigrant Visa Section will send a letter with the instructions on preparing for the visa interview to the applicant.

Note: Do not schedule your interview date until you receive these instructions. If you do not receive the instructions from the US Embassy within two months after the notification from NVC about the transferring of your case to Chisinau, you have to send an inquiry about the status of your case directly to the Consular Section of the US Embassy Chisinau at Chisinau-CA@state.gov. Please be advised that you must pay a new consular fee if you rescheduled your interview multiple times.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/md/md-niv-typek.asp#section2

Good luck! :)

Spoiler

My AOS journey

Date Filed : 2014-11-26

NOA Date : 2014-12-06

RFE: 2014-12-26 (Translation of my international BC)

Bio. Appt. : 2014-12-31

RFE response received by USCIS: 2015-01-06

EAD/AP approved: 2015-02-18

NPIW letter: 2015-03-17

Service request: 2015-09-17

Response to service request: None

Service request 2: 2015-10-23

Service request 2 response: 2015-11-03 - USCIS anticipates a delay

EAD/AP renewal forms sent: 2015-11-04

Letter to Congressman sent: 2015-11-06

EAD/AP renewal electronic NOA1: 2015-11-10 (saying USCIS received and accepted my applications on 2015-11-06)

Email from Congressman's office - reviewing my case, will contact me with info: 2015-11-13

Received No Biometrics Required letter: 2015-11-20

Received letter of continuance asking for another translation of my BC (long story): 2015-11-20 (online status never changed)

Responded to letter of continuance: 2015-11-30

USCIS/DHS in Sacramento received my response (delivery confirmation): 2015-12.01

Received interview letter from Chatsworth office, CA: 2016-01-30

Received response from my congressman: 2016-02.02

AOS interview: 2016-02-10 Result:: RFE for medical

Medical done: 02/20/2016 - 03/03/2016

Medical Received By USCIS (UPS delivery confirmation): 2016-03-08

AOS approval date/Resident since: 2016-03-12

Card received: 2016-03-18

AOS took 15 months, 2 weeks and one day.

ROC:

Petition sent: 2018 - 02 - 22

Petition received by USCIS Laguna Niguel: 2018 - 02 - 23

Timeline

Our case arrived today to the embassy!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy: So happy!

Now waiting to hear from consulate....hope for next week to get instructions.

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Timeline

my case is AT NVC means its still in NVC?

after AT NVC case status change AT NVC to ?????????

It means it is at the NVC, when the case will be sent to the embassy it will state In Transit, and when it arives at the consulate, case status will be Ready.

Timeline

We went through the K-1 process last year with the US Embassy in Chisinau. Once my case arrived at the Embassy, literally the same day they sent me and my fiancé the following instructions (via e-mail only):

We have received from the National Visa Center a petition that you filed on behalf of your fiancée, Ms. _____________, entitling her to "K-1" nonimmigrant visa classification as an alien proceeding to the United States to marry an American citizen. The petition was approved on ____________and it expires on _____________. To prepare for her interview appointment with a consular officer, your fiancée needs to read and follow carefully the instructions below:

1) Complete and return to us the Form DS-230 I (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf), Immigrant Visa Application Part I, Biographic Data. We cannot process her case until this form is received.

2) Fill out, in duplicate, but NOT sign, the Forms DS-156 (that can be found at https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp), Nonimmigrant Visa Application, together with a single copy of the DS -156(K) (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf), Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application. All questions on Form DS -156(K) must be answered, but she does not have to answer questions 22, 23, 33, and 34 of Form DS-156.

3) Provide two (2) photographs for each applicant. The photographs must be recent, 5x5, with no head covering, and showing a full, front-face view against a light background. Only color photographs are acceptable (please find attached the photo requirements).

4) Provide a copy of the passport's biographical page.

The above mentioned forms should be sent to us via mail or can be dropped off at the Consular Section on Mondays or Wednesdays between 14:00 and 16:00 or on Fridays between 09:00 and 11:00 (except Moldovan and American holidays).

5) Obtain the following documents on this checklist which pertain to her. She does NOT have to send them to us:

a) PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

b) BIRTH CERTIFICATE: The original birth certificate and one copy of it for each visa applicant. If an official birth certificate is not obtainable, present the best possible secondary evidence, such as a baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, school records, and/or a notarized affidavit from your parents.

c) POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen in all last names that the applicant has ever used. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence.

d) COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty or pardon.

e) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: If she were married previously, she should present her original divorce certificate and a photocopy of it and the divorce decree to prove the dissolution of each such prior marriage. The petitioner also has to provide certified court copies of the divorce decrees to prove the dissolution of each his/her prior marriages, if applicable.

f) EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence which will show that your fiancée is not likely to become public charge in the United States. If an affidavit of support is to be submitted, Form I-134 should be used.

g) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Your fiancée should arrange for a medical examination with the physician listed on the attached information sheet. She is responsible for the cost of the examination.

h) PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

Remark: First, your fiancée should bring to us the forms listed in #1, #2 and #3. After she has all the other documents pertaining to her case she is welcome to write us an e-mail at Chisinau-CA@state.gov in order to schedule an appointment. Please note that the K-1 visa processing fee is $240 that is to be paid at any MoldovaAgroindbank before the visa interview. Your fiancée will need to visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/md/md-niv-visapay.asp in order to print a deposit slip that she needs to present to the bank in order to pay the $240 fee.

We trust you will find this information useful. In case you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

I remember I dropped no. 1,2,3,4 the next day at the Embassy, and then scheduled the medical and all of the rest brought directly to the interview, which was scheduled via e-mail once all the documents (and the medical passed) were ready.

Good luck with your case :)

Timeline

We went through the K-1 process last year with the US Embassy in Chisinau. Once my case arrived at the Embassy, literally the same day they sent me and my fiancé the following instructions (via e-mail only):

We have received from the National Visa Center a petition that you filed on behalf of your fiancée, Ms. _____________, entitling her to "K-1" nonimmigrant visa classification as an alien proceeding to the United States to marry an American citizen. The petition was approved on ____________and it expires on _____________. To prepare for her interview appointment with a consular officer, your fiancée needs to read and follow carefully the instructions below:

1) Complete and return to us the Form DS-230 I (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf), Immigrant Visa Application Part I, Biographic Data. We cannot process her case until this form is received.

2) Fill out, in duplicate, but NOT sign, the Forms DS-156 (that can be found at https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp), Nonimmigrant Visa Application, together with a single copy of the DS -156(K) (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf), Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application. All questions on Form DS -156(K) must be answered, but she does not have to answer questions 22, 23, 33, and 34 of Form DS-156.

3) Provide two (2) photographs for each applicant. The photographs must be recent, 5x5, with no head covering, and showing a full, front-face view against a light background. Only color photographs are acceptable (please find attached the photo requirements).

4) Provide a copy of the passport's biographical page.

The above mentioned forms should be sent to us via mail or can be dropped off at the Consular Section on Mondays or Wednesdays between 14:00 and 16:00 or on Fridays between 09:00 and 11:00 (except Moldovan and American holidays).

5) Obtain the following documents on this checklist which pertain to her. She does NOT have to send them to us:

a) PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

b) BIRTH CERTIFICATE: The original birth certificate and one copy of it for each visa applicant. If an official birth certificate is not obtainable, present the best possible secondary evidence, such as a baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, school records, and/or a notarized affidavit from your parents.

c) POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen in all last names that the applicant has ever used. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence.

d) COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty or pardon.

e) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: If she were married previously, she should present her original divorce certificate and a photocopy of it and the divorce decree to prove the dissolution of each such prior marriage. The petitioner also has to provide certified court copies of the divorce decrees to prove the dissolution of each his/her prior marriages, if applicable.

f) EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence which will show that your fiancée is not likely to become public charge in the United States. If an affidavit of support is to be submitted, Form I-134 should be used.

g) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Your fiancée should arrange for a medical examination with the physician listed on the attached information sheet. She is responsible for the cost of the examination.

h) PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

Remark: First, your fiancée should bring to us the forms listed in #1, #2 and #3. After she has all the other documents pertaining to her case she is welcome to write us an e-mail at Chisinau-CA@state.gov in order to schedule an appointment. Please note that the K-1 visa processing fee is $240 that is to be paid at any MoldovaAgroindbank before the visa interview. Your fiancée will need to visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/md/md-niv-visapay.asp in order to print a deposit slip that she needs to present to the bank in order to pay the $240 fee.

We trust you will find this information useful. In case you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

I remember I dropped no. 1,2,3,4 the next day at the Embassy, and then scheduled the medical and all of the rest brought directly to the interview, which was scheduled via e-mail once all the documents (and the medical passed) were ready.

Good luck with your case :)

Thnx for info, it is very usefull! Our case got here on 31 st but didn't heard from te consulate anything since then (((((

Called them today and the operator couldn't even confirm that they got our case, no info. Created me an account and that's it. Told me to wait to get an email or to write to the consulate, which I did after calling them ((((.

Hoped to get at least any information.

How long did it take them to schedule you an interview after you returned the applications?

Timeline

1 ques plzzz....

we need to show proof of relation documents in interview

or before the interview we need to send them ?

You get your proofs with you at the interview.

Timeline

1 ques plzzz....

we need to show proof of relation documents in interview

or before the interview we need to send them ?

The US Embassy in Chisinau requires providing the proof of relationship documented at the interview (you bring them with you). Possibly other Embassies have different requirements.

Timeline

Thnx for info, it is very usefull! Our case got here on 31 st but didn't heard from te consulate anything since then (((((

Called them today and the operator couldn't even confirm that they got our case, no info. Created me an account and that's it. Told me to wait to get an email or to write to the consulate, which I did after calling them ((((.

Hoped to get at least any information.

How long did it take them to schedule you an interview after you returned the applications?

Usually, they should respond to an e-mail within 1-3 business days, if they haven't yet. Now if you are 100% sure they got your case, go ahead and schedule your medical, since it will take a few more days to wait.

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, are required to complete a medical examination prior to issuing the visa. The medical examinations for applicants in Moldova may only be conducted at the International Organization for Migration. To schedule your appointment, please contact them at:

IOM Chisinau (Medical Unit)

36/1 Ciuflea str.

tel.:+ 373 22 233 188

e-mail: chisinaumed@iom.int

For more information on the medical examination for immigrants and refugees, please see: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination.html

So, I scheduled my medical, then passed it, X-ray and bloodwork is being performed by Centrul Diagnostic German and waited a few days for results. IOM will give you a sealed envelope, which you take directly to the interview.

In the meanwhile you may receive an e-mail from them and drop the forms ahead of the interview day at their consular section. If all the other documents are ready (police certificates from each residing countries, affidavit of support from your fiancé, etc.), then write to the Embassy's e-mail with a request for a date, they replied with a date within few days of my request. Paid the visa fee (I see now it is 265$) at Agroindbank (now they may have changed that as well), the visa fee is valid for one year, so it can be done ahead of time, you just bring the slip of paid visa fee at the interview.

Hopefully it was helpful.

Timeline

Usually, they should respond to an e-mail within 1-3 business days, if they haven't yet. Now if you are 100% sure they got your case, go ahead and schedule your medical, since it will take a few more days to wait.

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, are required to complete a medical examination prior to issuing the visa. The medical examinations for applicants in Moldova may only be conducted at the International Organization for Migration. To schedule your appointment, please contact them at:

IOM Chisinau (Medical Unit)

36/1 Ciuflea str.

tel.:+ 373 22 233 188

e-mail: chisinaumed@iom.int

For more information on the medical examination for immigrants and refugees, please see: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination.html

So, I scheduled my medical, then passed it, X-ray and bloodwork is being performed by Centrul Diagnostic German and waited a few days for results. IOM will give you a sealed envelope, which you take directly to the interview.

In the meanwhile you may receive an e-mail from them and drop the forms ahead of the interview day at their consular section. If all the other documents are ready (police certificates from each residing countries, affidavit of support from your fiancé, etc.), then write to the Embassy's e-mail with a request for a date, they replied with a date within few days of my request. Paid the visa fee (I see now it is 265$) at Agroindbank (now they may have changed that as well), the visa fee is valid for one year, so it can be done ahead of time, you just bring the slip of paid visa fee at the interview.

Hopefully it was helpful.

Since you sent the mail asking for a date, how long was the period of waiting for the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.