kap6unka

NVC - case status in transit

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Since you sent the mail asking for a date, how long was the period of waiting for the interview?

. I sent the e-mail on the 24th of the month, got a response on the 25th, stating on the 30th of the same month they have scheduled me for an interview. (28 and 29 were weekend days).

Timeline

. I sent the e-mail on the 24th of the month, got a response on the 25th, stating on the 30th of the same month they have scheduled me for an interview. (28 and 29 were weekend days).

OMG...so fast....didn't expect that, but it's good news.

I start being anxious because the consulate still did not contact me ((((((, I hope to get a reply for my email tomorrow.

I will probably wait for any news from them before scheduling my med exam....

I ordered a police certificate, will have it next thursday

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Timeline

OMG...so fast....didn't expect that, but it's good news.

I start being anxious because the consulate still did not contact me ((((((, I hope to get a reply for my email tomorrow.

I will probably wait for any news from them before scheduling my med exam....

I ordered a police certificate, will have it next Thursday

Yes, it was fast, that's why they advise to have absolutely everything ready and then contact them for an interview date. How do you know if they received it?

Timeline

Yes, it was fast, that's why they advise to have absolutely everything ready and then contact them for an interview date. How do you know if they received it?

through CEAC site, when they sent it - status was in transit. Since 31st it says Ready:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html"

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Timeline

through CEAC site, when they sent it - status was in transit. Since 31st it says Ready:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html"

Well, the status "Ready" doesn't always mean they have received physically all the documentation.

Here what I found about the Ready status with other people experience afte NVC:

Tim's case was completed on May 16th, case file left NVC for Guangzhou on May 22nd. Tim said he doesn't remember when he saw "In Transit" at CEAC, but it was showing "Ready" yesterday (May 27th). He wrote Guangzhou using their contact webpage on May 24th (Saturday), and was surprised to get a reply yesterday (May 27th):

The case was electronically loaded by the National Visa Center (NVC), which allows us to open the case in our system. However, we still require all of the supporting physical documentation to process this case. Currently, the file is in transit from the NVC. Due to the long delay imposed by Chinese customs, the file could take up to four months or longer to reach the Consulate. Once we receive your file, we will begin processing the case immediately and will contact you with further instructions.

It may mean that NVC made your case available for the consulate to open it in their systems, but actually the DHL hasn't delivered yet all the documents. I think it took us a week or more for the consulate to get our case via DHL. Anyways, they will contact you as soon as they receive it, just a little more patience :)

Timeline

Well, the status "Ready" doesn't always mean they have received physically all the documentation.

Here what I found about the Ready status with other people experience afte NVC:

Tim's case was completed on May 16th, case file left NVC for Guangzhou on May 22nd. Tim said he doesn't remember when he saw "In Transit" at CEAC, but it was showing "Ready" yesterday (May 27th). He wrote Guangzhou using their contact webpage on May 24th (Saturday), and was surprised to get a reply yesterday (May 27th):

The case was electronically loaded by the National Visa Center (NVC), which allows us to open the case in our system. However, we still require all of the supporting physical documentation to process this case. Currently, the file is in transit from the NVC. Due to the long delay imposed by Chinese customs, the file could take up to four months or longer to reach the Consulate. Once we receive your file, we will begin processing the case immediately and will contact you with further instructions.

It may mean that NVC made your case available for the consulate to open it in their systems, but actually the DHL hasn't delivered yet all the documents. I think it took us a week or more for the consulate to get our case via DHL. Anyways, they will contact you as soon as they receive it, just a little more patience :)

You are really helpful! Thnx!

It's hard to wait and to be patient, you know how it goes ))))

Hope to hear some news soon.

Tell me about the interview please, how does it go here? You are the only person from Moldova that I've met during the entire process.

Timeline

You are welcome, the interview was the easiest part, once you bring all the documents, you hand them in, they take your fingerprints, then the consul calls your name and asks basic questions: how have you met, how long have you been knowing each other, where the wedding is going to be, etc, no tricky questions...Be honest, tell your story and a few days later they will call you back to hand you in a BIG envelope, which you drop off at US Customs when entering the US. P.S. Forgot to tell you that you need some kind of form for the medical from your family doctor with all of your illnesses and all of the vaccinations from birth up till now, you will need that for AOS as well (the vaccinations).

Timeline

You are welcome, the interview was the easiest part, once you bring all the documents, you hand them in, they take your fingerprints, then the consul calls your name and asks basic questions: how have you met, how long have you been knowing each other, where the wedding is going to be, etc, no tricky questions...Be honest, tell your story and a few days later they will call you back to hand you in a BIG envelope, which you drop off at US Customs when entering the US. P.S. Forgot to tell you that you need some kind of form for the medical from your family doctor with all of your illnesses and all of the vaccinations from birth up till now, you will need that for AOS as well (the vaccinations).

I have already prepared my vaccination form, a yellow piece of paper with all vaccins written down since I was a kid. Is it enough, or should I prepare smth else?

By the way how does the medical exam go? What doctors or tests should I pass? How long does it took you?

Timeline

wht does vaccination form mean?

i dnt hv any ....

when do you go for your medical exam, they ask to bring your immunization records, a list of vaccinations you did before.

Timeline

i dont have any vaccination form..

bcoz i am in new zealand from last 5 years

m indian citizn .....

Well, then you need to request from India all vaccinations that have been administered to you since birth. Have you ever had a vaccination card?

Timeline

I have already prepared my vaccination form, a yellow piece of paper with all vaccins written down since I was a kid. Is it enough, or should I prepare smth else?

By the way how does the medical exam go? What doctors or tests should I pass? How long does it took you?

Along with vaccination, your family doctor should give you a form with all of your illnesses. The medical takes a few hours, first you go to IOM, then they measure your vitals (blood pressure, etc...), and then you go to Centrul Diagnostic German, give blood for sexually transmitted diseases (like syphilis), and then lung X-ray (to prove lack of tuberculosis). It also costs a few thousands lei. :)

Timeline

Along with vaccination, your family doctor should give you a form with all of your illnesses. The medical takes a few hours, first you go to IOM, then they measure your vitals (blood pressure, etc...), and then you go to Centrul Diagnostic German, give blood for sexually transmitted diseases (like syphilis), and then lung X-ray (to prove lack of tuberculosis). It also costs a few thousands lei. :)

When I called IOM couple weeks ago they told me that it costs 1200 lei....???

Timeline

When I called IOM couple weeks ago they told me that it costs 1200 lei....???

Possibly I paid the medical and visa fee on the same day, that's why it seemed to me like a few thousands lei ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.