UncleBeer

CDC Spent 3 Times as Much on "Community Transformation" Than On... Disease Control

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Because Ebola is a "JV" virus...

Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on "Community Transformation" Than On... Disease Control

While the nurses in Texas were dealing with an Ebola patient without protocols and proper equipment, the CDC continued to claim the protocols were in place and the hospitals in the U.S. were ready.

You have to understand. Ebola takes them away from their real mission which is to build bike lanes, get rid of guns, tell you what to eat, and harass anyone who builds a playground.

Politico reports (in an article written by Gov. Bobby Jindal) that “over the past five years, the CDC has received just under $3 billion in transfers from the fund. Yet only 6 percent—$180 million—of that $3 billion went toward building epidemiology and laboratory capacity.”

Protecting Americans got $180 million while community transformation got $517.3 million!

Did you think detecting and fighting infectious diseases was still their business?

What is community transformation you ask?

The CDC website says it’s “increasing access to healthy foods by supporting local farmers and developing neighborhood grocery stores,” or “promoting improvements in sidewalks and street lighting to make it safe and easy for people to walk and ride bikes.”

The goal might have worth but it has nothing to do with fighting disease. It is just one more effort by Obama to insinuate himself into every aspect of our lives by diverting funds to his ideological control freak goals instead of letting the CDC do what they were meant to do – protect Americans.

It’s ironic that a new ad is out trying to blame Republicans for the CDC failures claiming they cut funding when in fact they added funding for infectious diseases. It’s made even more ironic by the fact that Democrats have diverted the money to health food markets and bike paths. Check out their website.

Every agency has been politicized and is being used to further Obamanism.

The Washington Post had a good piece out yesterday about why the CDC can’t do their job.

The CDC is busy trying to pass universal helmet laws. That takes time and money and they have that to waste apparently.

They also have a yen for nationalizing playground equipment. They have developed a “national action plan” on playgrounds and have conducted studies without end on the subject.

The CDC won a $10 million grant, the Washington Post tells us, to study violent video games and media images to assess “existing strategies for preventing gun violence and identifying the most pressing research questions, with the greatest potential public-health impact.”

You have to understand. Ebola takes them away from their real mission which is to build bike lanes, get rid of guns, tell you what to eat, and harass anyone who builds a playground.

and it is high damn time we get back to the important work and let ebola run it's course (in africa).

and it is high damn time we get back to the important work and let ebola run it's course (in africa).

That's right, the only humans that matter are living in the United States. The rest are their own problem. Build the walls and build 'em high, that's what I say.

What's scary is, I know you two are playing, but this mindset is what's really behind all the let's close the border and let them die of mentality.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What's scary is, I know you two are playing, but this mindset is what's really behind all the let's close the border and let them die of mentality.

Yes it is. If they're not American, not our problem.

we are truly the beacon of the world. we must protect our greatness. if something happens to us, who will africa look up to?

Yes it is. If they're not American, not our problem.

we are truly the beacon of the world. we must protect our greatness. if something happens to us, who will africa look up to?

Considered yourselves +1ed. I ran out since today I was being fast and loose with them. You liberals always get me worked up :wub:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Who else but Vladi?

vladimir-putin-riding-bear.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Back to the subject of the post (God forbid a freakin' mod should help with this...): Center for Disease Control should probably focus their 'expertise' on . . . disease control, instead of branching out into safe sidewalks and bike helmets. Can you agree that disease control should be their first priority?

Edited by UncleBeer

Back the subject of the post (God forbid a freakin' mod should help with this...): Center for Disease Control should probably focus their 'expertise' on . . . disease control, instead of branching out into safe sidewalks and bike helmets. Can you agree that disease control should be their first priority?

Who, the Russians?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's pretty clear to me that the Obama admnistration has dropped the ball numerous times concerning Ebola. They've done their best to downplay it, yet new cases keep popping up in the U.S. Now we find out this nurse actually called the CDC and asked if it was ok to fly, and their response was "go for it" Now we have potentially 100s of other people infected. I really don't want to hear the line about it being difficult to transmit when two nurses who were allegedly trained and under the supervision of CDC contracted the virus. While I understand the concern for the situation in Africa, I personally don't see what the problem is with taking steps to limit travel from certain countries.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

when you post articles that say stuff like:

It is just one more effort by Obama to insinuate himself into every aspect of our lives by diverting funds to his ideological control freak goals instead of letting the CDC do what they were meant to do – protect Americans.

i assume you want jokes, what other response is there?

when you post articles that say stuff like:

It is just one more effort by Obama to insinuate himself into every aspect of our lives by diverting funds to his ideological control freak goals instead of letting the CDC do what they were meant to do – protect Americans.

i assume you want jokes, what other response is there?

:rofl:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg