KarloPajee

NVC - Case number

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone who receive their NOA 2 on Oct or earlier date that got their case number or called the NVC and confirmed that the center received their case from USCIS yet? Thanks

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

10/16/14 - NVC received case

10/17/14 - Case # assigned

10/21/14 - Case left NVC to embassy

10/23/14 - Consulate Received

11/17/14 - 1st day Medical Exam at St. Luke's Clinic

11/18/14 - 2nd day Medical Examt at St. Luke's Clinic

11/24/14 - Interview Date - Approved

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

I received NOA2 on 09/26/14, no notice from NVC yet. It does state on the I-797 form (NOA2) the NVC should complete processing within two to four weeks upon receiving petition. It also says to allow minimum of 30 days before contacting NVC.

Edited by Andy&Lovely

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

My didn't say anything like that..it stated that it was forwarded to the listed consulate that was y i thought it should be there in about two weeks since they sent it already...Should all the k1 visa I-797, NOA 2 be the same???

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My petitions were approved 9/5 and just got to nvc 10/8.

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone who receive their NOA 2 on Oct or earlier date that got their case number or called the NVC and confirmed that the center received their case from USCIS yet? Thanks

Got your NOA2? Follow the flashing arrow for details regarding the process for the Philippines (info on NVC also ;) )

Then pop over to the Philippines forum

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

OP are you sure you read your NOA2 letter correctly? These are standard form letters and I find it difficult that any government agency would not follow their normal processing procedures.

Mine states:

The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) <snip>

The NVC now processes all approved fiance(e) petition. The NVC processing should be complete within two to four weeks after receiving the petition from USCIS. <snip>

You will receive notification by mail when NVC has sent your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Edited by Andy&Lovely

Timeline
Andy&Lovely - my didnt stated like that..this is wat it say..

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

2nd paragraph states tat my fiance has to marry me within 90 days

3rd paragraph states if fiance does not marry me, he will be departed.

4th paragraph states that USCIS and the U.S. department of homeland security reserve the right to verify the information submitted.

tat is all in the letter...didnt say anything about NVC...or was it send to the embassy instead?? help...I am confused

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

I got the same exact NOA2 letter as you Karlo....no mentioning of NVC...so I too am confused.

And when I checked the USCIS website, I noticed for other approved applications said "we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.", but then mine just said "we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice." Not sure if they just haven't mailed out my application yet or what, but then again the NOA2 hardcopy metioned no NVC and just said to contact the consulate with any questions.....

Andy&Lovely - my didnt stated like that..this is wat it say..

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

2nd paragraph states tat my fiance has to marry me within 90 days

3rd paragraph states if fiance does not marry me, he will be departed.

4th paragraph states that USCIS and the U.S. department of homeland security reserve the right to verify the information submitted.

tat is all in the letter...didnt say anything about NVC...or was it send to the embassy instead?? help...I am confused

Timeline

jnm7585 Yes, that is wat exactly I got. I guess I will just called the NVC again next week to see if they received my case yet. My status on USCIS didnt mentioned about shipping too...Hopefully, everything going well...am a little nervous atm..

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

Hopefully someone else has had a similar letter such as you two and has been past the interview stage will read this thread and chime in.

If they do not and since this sounds way out of the ordinary, if it were me people I would call the USCIS servicing center that did your packet and explain to them your confusion and the reason for your concern and ask them to please clarify. If the person does not know ask to speak with someone who does, someone at the USCIS servicing center who processed your packets should be able to shed some light on the subject.

Just my opinion

All letters say they go to the listed consulate. ALL petitions go to NVC. ALL of them.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

I have read some forms and some people also stated that their also stated like mine, so hopefull everything will be ok...I guess I'll just call the National Visa Center again next week. Thanks a lot for all of the responses. Im very appreciated. :)

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey all, as mentioned on VJ in various different posts the NVC is a mess as far as timing. We got the NAO2 for my stepdaughter last month and it took about 3 weeks to start the on-line process (we called and got the case number and invoice number) with the AOS and then another 3 weeks to get to the benificiery app. That's with us paying and doing the apps as fast as possible. So now from last Friday when I mailed in the supporting docs I expect another 60 days (because that's what they are saying, and most at this stage on VJ are confirming) that we will have an embassy appointment set that will take another 30 days. So by the way of my calculations show it, it is running about 4.5 months from getting the NA02 to getting a green card. And that is if you do everything you have to promptly and don't end up with a checklist that could extend by another 2 months or more. Really!

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.