KarloPajee

NVC - Case number

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So why we dont request appoinmet and meet them directly... ? My finance is in Fort worth. It takes 2 hours drive there. If over 30 days I dont have my case. Can i make request with appointment?....thanks for your help..

I don't know. Can't hurt to try.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If NVC has not received your case from USCIS after 30 days, you can put in a service request by talking to someone on the phone at USCIS. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 can do it. If Tier 1 says s/he cannot, ask to speak to a Tier 2 person. If they both say no, then just call back until you find someone wiling to do it.

No, a service request does not mean a real appointment. It is basically just a request for more information about the status of your application/petition.

Have you had a response from your service request yet? we received one yesterday, it said :Your case has been requested and will be forwarded to the NVC. Please allow 45 days before enquiring with the NVC. I'm guessing it means either the original one has finally been sent out to them, or, they've requested a new one to be sent out to them. Like hell are we gonna wait 45 days though, he's gonna be calling them every other day!

Timeline

Have you had a response from your service request yet? we received one yesterday, it said :Your case has been requested and will be forwarded to the NVC. Please allow 45 days before enquiring with the NVC. I'm guessing it means either the original one has finally been sent out to them, or, they've requested a new one to be sent out to them. Like hell are we gonna wait 45 days though, he's gonna be calling them every other day!

No, I haven't. Did you get it through e-mail? Thanks for the info. I will call USCIS Wednesday then (since today is a holiday).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

45 days? If we get this kind of message, too, I'm going to need a brick wall to slam my forehead into.

Timeline

Side note: when I told my fiancee about you two (plus a 3rd person on this board), she was so happy to find out she and I aren't the only ones going through this USCIS-NVC fiasco. Our situation sucks big time, but it is a bit of relief knowing there are others going through this ####### too. I know I'd really be going crazy if not for this site.

Timeline

45 days? If we get this kind of message, too, I'm going to need a brick wall to slam my forehead into.

yup. don't be surprised if you do get the same message. it sounded very generic, and no mention of the date of when it was forwarded to NVC. although one good thing is that they said we would get an email on or around november 10th, and we got it on the 10th

Edited by laurak29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wow so sorry to hear this! I hope the situation gets resolved quickly! We received our NOA2 on 10/27 and NVC received it on 11/6....in transit to London now! I dont understand how things like this happen...its so frustrating!! Best of luck and hope it gets resolved soon!

Timeline

Side note: when I told my fiancee about you two (plus a 3rd person on this board), she was so happy to find out she and I aren't the only ones going through this USCIS-NVC fiasco. Our situation sucks big time, but it is a bit of relief knowing there are others going through this ####### too. I know I'd really be going crazy if not for this site.

yup. don't be surprised if you do get the same message. it sounded very generic, and no mention of the date of when it was forwarded to NVC. although one good thing is that they said we would get an email on or around november 10th, and we got it on the 10th

I really just want to kick someone in the nuts. The IO told my fiance our case should be recovered in seven to eight days and, if we haven't seen anything in 13 days, to call back. But he didn't really say what "see anything" meant. Does it mean our case shows up at NVC? Does it mean we get a notification from USCIS? I don't know.

Everything is clear as mud at this point. I guess I'll start calling NVC again tomorrow.

My fiance is here with me this week, so some of the frustration is quelled. We really just want to get this over with so we can start our lives together. And I know you all know how that feels.

Timeline

I really just want to kick someone in the nuts. The IO told my fiance our case should be recovered in seven to eight days and, if we haven't seen anything in 13 days, to call back. But he didn't really say what "see anything" meant. Does it mean our case shows up at NVC? Does it mean we get a notification from USCIS? I don't know.

Everything is clear as mud at this point. I guess I'll start calling NVC again tomorrow.

My fiance is here with me this week, so some of the frustration is quelled. We really just want to get this over with so we can start our lives together. And I know you all know how that feels.

I'm guessing he meant if you don't receive an email after the 13 days? As thats what happened with us. I know this is so frustrating, but it'll be worth it. I feel like I'm wishing my life away, but I just want everything to hurry up so I can be with my man!

Timeline

I'm guessing he meant if you don't receive an email after the 13 days? As thats what happened with us. I know this is so frustrating, but it'll be worth it. I feel like I'm wishing my life away, but I just want everything to hurry up so I can be with my man!

You and usmsbow are making it a bit better. If I didn't know other couples were in the same predicament, I'd be a bawling mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.