KarloPajee

NVC - Case number

70 posts in this topic

Checked the NVC website (CEAC) today and it finally shows my case transferred to Manila embassy.

Keeping fingers crossed and praying that my fiancee will be able to come here before Christmas.

Checked the NVC website (CEAC) today and it finally shows my case transferred to Manila embassy.

Keeping fingers crossed and praying that my fiancee will be able to come here before Christmas.

Congratulations,

Have you completed DS160?? Is your I134 and supporting documents ready to ship?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

so my fiancé called uscis today about our almost 7 week wait for nvc to get our stuff. he spoke to a really nice lady and she said its unlikely it got lost in the mail and that they can't send out a new one to NVC until its been 90 days. she also said to keep calling NVC every day to check. so looks like more waiting then!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so my fiancé called uscis today about our almost 7 week wait for nvc to get our stuff. he spoke to a really nice lady and she said its unlikely it got lost in the mail and that they can't send out a new one to NVC until its been 90 days. she also said to keep calling NVC every day to check. so looks like more waiting then!

I wish you the best. It's hard already with the wait of NOA2 approval and now the NVC...-_-..

07/30/14 - I-129F sent

08/06/14 - NOA 1

10/02/14 - NOA 2

10/16/14 - NVC received case

10/17/14 - Case # assigned

10/21/14 - Case left NVC to embassy

10/23/14 - Consulate Received

11/17/14 - 1st day Medical Exam at St. Luke's Clinic

11/18/14 - 2nd day Medical Examt at St. Luke's Clinic

11/24/14 - Interview Date - Approved

12/04/14 - Visa Received

01/29/14 - US Entry

Congratulations,

Have you completed DS160?? Is your I134 and supporting documents ready to ship?

Thanks!

Sent my fiance my I-134 with supporting documents and copy of I-129F package after I received NOA2 ($75 via DHL!). She is going to internet cafe to print deposit slip and pay DS160 fee @ BPI, then fill DS160 online and schedule appointment(s).

I sent her checklist for NBI, CENOMAR, CFO and St. Lukes, plus links to the online forms. First priority is to get appointment @ embassy (DS-160), then medical, NBI, CENOMAR and CFO.

I'm hoping she can get visa before end of month so it gives me two week lead on buying airfare ticket.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Really?? Has he put in a service request? Was it a Tier 1 person? I've read about our situation a lot, and I have never heard of that 90 day thing. I'm skeptical of such a claim.

I also wish the NVC would actually do something about my e-mail request. Frustrating.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Also, here is a useful link for USCIS matters:

http://www.dhs.gov/cis-ombudsman-update-getting-most-out-your-call-uscis-national-customer-service-center

It says you can e-mail the service center 30 days after a service request to follow up, but the tier 2 dude i spoke to said I should expect a response within 14 days.

Thanks!

Sent my fiance my I-134 with supporting documents and copy of I-129F package after I received NOA2 ($75 via DHL!). She is going to internet cafe to print deposit slip and pay DS160 fee @ BPI, then fill DS160 online and schedule appointment(s).

I sent her checklist for NBI, CENOMAR, CFO and St. Lukes, plus links to the online forms. First priority is to get appointment @ embassy (DS-160), then medical, NBI, CENOMAR and CFO.

I'm hoping she can get visa before end of month so it gives me two week lead on buying airfare ticket.

Sounds like you on the ball, good!! If you two stay on it and things work yes, your schedule should be do able.

My fiancée has interview at 8:30am tomorrow, Israel time or 1:30am Eastern U.S. Time. God I hope there are no issue's and they can give a real estimate of when she will get Visa.

I have to book a round trip flight for me and a one way for her. God I hate dealing with the people at the Airlines they so think we are walking ATM machines and Walking time Machines like we have all the time and cash in the world to sit around for stupid layovers and just fork out all kinds of cash to them for every little thing.

Timeline

Really?? Has he put in a service request? Was it a Tier 1 person? I've read about our situation a lot, and I have never heard of that 90 day thing. I'm skeptical of such a claim.

I also wish the NVC would actually do something about my e-mail request. Frustrating.

No he hasn't put in a service request yet. would we put it as "case outside normal processing times" or "did not receive notice by mail"? I did tell him to ask for a tier 2, but I forgot to ask if he actually did. the lady also told him to make an appointment with his local USCIS office, apparently they have access to information about whether our case has been sent out or not?! but I've never heard of this on here

Timeline

Also, here is a useful link for USCIS matters:

http://www.dhs.gov/cis-ombudsman-update-getting-most-out-your-call-uscis-national-customer-service-center

It says you can e-mail the service center 30 days after a service request to follow up, but the tier 2 dude i spoke to said I should expect a response within 14 days.

Thanks. I'm guessing from this that the lady my fiancé spoke to was tier 1 because the only thing she could tell him about our case was that it had been approved on September 19th, which we obviously already knew

Timeline

No he hasn't put in a service request yet. would we put it as "case outside normal processing times" or "did not receive notice by mail"? I did tell him to ask for a tier 2, but I forgot to ask if he actually did. the lady also told him to make an appointment with his local USCIS office, apparently they have access to information about whether our case has been sent out or not?! but I've never heard of this on here

so he called them again tonight and another lady he spoke to was like ok you NEED to speak to a tier 2 officer if its been over 30 days, so the first lady was completely wrong! she didnt even suggest to talk to a tier 2

Timeline

so he called them again tonight and another lady he spoke to was like ok you NEED to speak to a tier 2 officer if its been over 30 days, so the first lady was completely wrong! she didnt even suggest to talk to a tier 2

Yeah. That's often the case with USCIS tier 1 people. A lot don't know what they're talking about.

I also recommend he contact his congressional office. I did that a week ago, and they just got back to me today, saying they had been in contact with the State Department, and wanted some more info on my fiancee, and asked me to fill out a release form that was specific to immigration-USCIS matters.

The best way to get things done in government is to contact as many people as you can until you eventually find someone who can get stuff done (and/or finally you get what you need).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I really feel angry and hurry with these paper works. Wait and wait even it is not our faults.

Hi usmsbow,

After 30 days for waiting case? Then you made request service? And I am so confused how can you make service request? And does service request mean real appoiment?

2014/04/19: Sent I-129F Packet.

2014/04/21: USCIS received

2014/04/23: NOA1 received

2014/10/15 : got approval (NOA2)

2014/11/12: got case number through phone to NVC

2014/11/18 : case ready in VN.

2014/11/20: submit DS 160.

2014/11/21 : pay for visa fee.

2014/11/21: account active for booking.

2015/01/14 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED

Timeline

I really feel angry and hurry with these paper works. Wait and wait even it is not our faults.

Hi usmsbow,

After 30 days for waiting case? Then you made request service? And I am so confused how can you make service request? And does service request mean real appoiment?

If NVC has not received your case from USCIS after 30 days, you can put in a service request by talking to someone on the phone at USCIS. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 can do it. If Tier 1 says s/he cannot, ask to speak to a Tier 2 person. If they both say no, then just call back until you find someone wiling to do it.

No, a service request does not mean a real appointment. It is basically just a request for more information about the status of your application/petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So why we dont request appoinmet and meet them directly... ? My finance is in Fort worth. It takes 2 hours drive there. If over 30 days I dont have my case. Can i make request with appointment?....thanks for your help..

2014/04/19: Sent I-129F Packet.

2014/04/21: USCIS received

2014/04/23: NOA1 received

2014/10/15 : got approval (NOA2)

2014/11/12: got case number through phone to NVC

2014/11/18 : case ready in VN.

2014/11/20: submit DS 160.

2014/11/21 : pay for visa fee.

2014/11/21: account active for booking.

2015/01/14 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.