dontlongdistance

Will Joint-Sponsorship or Loan from parents work as financial proof for Fiance Visa?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all. My question is about visas. I'm not sure whether to go along a with fiance visa or get married first ( last resort ) and then continue with marriage visa in order to bring my fiance from Philippines to US. I've gone to visit her this summer already and proposed to her so I know I'm eligible for fiance visa, but I'm not sure about the success rate if I continue with it. I'm currently unemployed but I plan on finding a part-time job while I'm taking courses at a community college.

If I continue with fiance visa, I don't wish to go the tax return route to prove my financial abilities because I would need to work a year or so and receive [ multiple? ] tax returns as proof and that would take too long. I wish to ask for a joint-sponsorship from my older sister who is financially stable with a good job as a loan officer or ask parents for a loan to my account in order to meet what I believe is [ 75,000? ( I currently have 1/3 of this amount ) ] to be in my account currently in order to be considered financially stable if I don't have proof of an on going stable job?

So my question is, is what I'm planning correct? Would I be allowed and be successful in applying and having financial proof by joint-sponsorship from older sis or have a current bank balance of 75,000 by asking a loan from parents? I'm ready to process fiance visa but i just need these answers first. Thank you for your time.

Extra info, I am currently receiving medical health insurance and financial aid. How does that affect me if I am able to get enough assets? Do I need to stop receiving them by the time I need to proof my financial stability ( I probably will )?

Timeline

Its sounds like a very bad time to submit a petition for a k-1. Cant really tell you exactly what to do but if i were you i would wait until i get a good enough job to support myself and my fiancé.

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Loans won't work they would want to see where it came from. Money showing up in account can be removed just as fast.

Most places allow cosponsors Philippines seems to be a hard one and far from consistent. One thing others have noticed is a recent graduate and a close family member being the co sponsor was acceptable but again nothing concrete.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

75,000? is it in Dollars or in Peso you mean?

:idea:

i read somewhere, i forgot where, that if i dont have a current ongoing job then i need assets like money in my bank of 75 grand. in dollars. which i would ask a loan from my parents to achieve.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i read somewhere, i forgot where, that if i dont have a current ongoing job then i need assets like money in my bank of 75 grand. in dollars. which i would ask a loan from my parents to achieve.

You need 5x the current poverty level for you and your fiancée, which is $19,660 per year, ASSUMING your particular consulate/embassy accepts assets as proof of financial support.

If it were as easy as you think it is, you could just get someone to deposit the required amount in your account, print off the bank statement as proof that you magically have the close to $100,000 necessary, and then return the money the next day. They'll see through that in a second.

Timeline

You need 5x the current poverty level for you and your fiancée, which is $19,660 per year, ASSUMING your particular consulate/embassy accepts assets as proof of financial support.

If it were as easy as you think it is, you could just get someone to deposit the required amount in your account, print off the bank statement as proof that you magically have the close to $100,000 necessary, and then return the money the next day. They'll see through that in a second.

so whats an acceptable way? is the only way of me acquiring that myself? there's no way to turn to another for money?

Timeline

The loan option is not viable. You can either find a way to earn the required income yourself, do more research about the cases in which Manila accepts a co-sponsor (which are rare, from what I understand), or you rethink your reluctance to get married. I believe they have to accept a co-sponsor for the CR-1, but someone else can confirm that for you.

Timeline

The loan option is not viable. You can either find a way to earn the required income yourself, do more research about the cases in which Manila accepts a co-sponsor (which are rare, from what I understand), or you rethink your reluctance to get married. I believe they have to accept a co-sponsor for the CR-1, but someone else can confirm that for you

so if i marry, how does that change the financial responsibility part?

oh i just looked up what cr 1 is marriage visa. so you are saying i could get co sponsor if i marry.

Edited by tittywafflez

Timeline

If you get married, you apply for a CR-1, not a K-1. Like I said, I think I remember reading that the embassy must accept a co-sponsor for a spouse, but not necessarily for a fiancée.But wait until someone else confirms that or do some research on these forums. It shouldn't be hard to dig up.

Timeline

If you get married, you apply for a CR-1, not a K-1. Like I said, I think I remember reading that the embassy must accept a co-sponsor for a spouse, but not necessarily for a fiancée.But wait until someone else confirms that or do some research on these forums. It shouldn't be hard to dig up.

thank you

Filed: Country: Moldova
Timeline

You only need 3x for a spouse.

When submitting the asset evidence they request 12 months of bank statements. I've seen others say the consulate would not like to have the money just show up there -- but I haven't seen anything official regarding this.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all. My question is about visas. I'm not sure whether to go along a with fiance visa or get married first ( last resort ) and then continue with marriage visa in order to bring my fiance from Philippines to US. I've gone to visit her this summer already and proposed to her so I know I'm eligible for fiance visa, but I'm not sure about the success rate if I continue with it. I'm currently unemployed but I plan on finding a part-time job while I'm taking courses at a community college.
If I continue with fiance visa, I don't wish to go the tax return route to prove my financial abilities because I would need to work a year or so and receive [ multiple? ] tax returns as proof and that would take too long. I wish to ask for a joint-sponsorship from my older sister who is financially stable with a good job as a loan officer or ask parents for a loan to my account in order to meet what I believe is [ 75,000? ( I currently have 1/3 of this amount ) ] to be in my account currently in order to be considered financially stable if I don't have proof of an on going stable job?
So my question is, is what I'm planning correct? Would I be allowed and be successful in applying and having financial proof by joint-sponsorship from older sis or have a current bank balance of 75,000 by asking a loan from parents? I'm ready to process fiance visa but i just need these answers first. Thank you for your time.
Extra info, I am currently receiving medical health insurance and financial aid. How does that affect me if I am able to get enough assets? Do I need to stop receiving them by the time I need to proof my financial stability ( I probably will )?

#1 - USEM in Manila is difficult (as in next to impossible) regarding co-sponsors with the K-1 fiancee visa, whereas with the CR-1 spousal visa they have to accept a qualified co-sponsor. Smartest way to proceed if using a co-sponsor is getting married and pursuing the CR-1 spousal visa.

USEM requires the most recent tax return and W-2 (NOT multiple years, just one year).

USEM does not readily accept assets, in fact I know of a number of situations where they refused to accept assets. But if they were to accept assets they would want to see 5 times the shortage. So DON'T count on using assets.

Borrowed money is NOT assets and to try to "pretend" a loan is assets is fraud.

You receiving financial aid and medical is not an issue... You not having income is.

Philippines forum = http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

#1 - USEM in Manila is difficult (as in next to impossible) regarding co-sponsors with the K-1 fiancee visa, whereas with the CR-1 spousal visa they have to accept a qualified co-sponsor. Smartest way to proceed if using a co-sponsor is getting married and pursuing the CR-1 spousal visa.

USEM requires the most recent tax return and W-2 (NOT multiple years, just one year).

USEM does not readily accept assets, in fact I know of a number of situations where they refused to accept assets. But if they were to accept assets they would want to see 5 times the shortage. So DON'T count on using assets.

Borrowed money is NOT assets and to try to "pretend" a loan is assets is fraud.

You receiving financial aid and medical is not an issue... You not having income is.

thank you hank, very helpful.

for fiance visa, 1 year of tax return, could i use a previous tax return in which i was a waiter but no longer work there for several months? if i have get a job now and have income do i need to wait for tax return of next year or could i still just use previous job?

the money is from my parents so maybe i could just keep the amount and if they need anything i would help pay? im not intentionally trying to commit fraud thank you for bringing that up though.

if i pursue the marriage route, what else is there to know that i need to provide proof of beside joint-sponsor? also if i go that route how long would it take? and are estimates of processes pretty consistent? i read in most places that fiance visas are 4-6 months, then i had one guy saying it could take 7 years?

Edited by tittywafflez

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you hank, very helpful.

for fiance visa, 1 year of tax return, could i use a previous tax return in which i was a waiter but no longer work there for several months? if i have get a job now and have income do i need to wait for tax return of next year or could i still just use previous job?

the money is from my parents so maybe i could just keep the amount and if they need anything i would help pay? im not intentionally trying to commit fraud thank you for bringing that up though.

if i pursue the marriage route, what else is there to know that i need to provide proof of beside joint-sponsor? also if i go that route how long would it take? and are estimates of processes pretty consistent? i read in most places that fiance visas are 4-6 months, then i had one guy saying it could take 7 years?

Most RECENT tax return is required, which doesn't mean pick a year, currently 2013 is the most recent tax return, in a few months 2014 will be the most recent tax return.

If you have a new job with adequate income and no tax return you will need a letter from your employer for sure, along with copies of pay stubs. I would suggest a letter from you as well explaining your situation.

The money as an asset, even if it were your's would not be accepted by USEM, the interest on the money would be accepted as income.

I am not a pro on the spousal visa, but once married and in possession of the marriage certificate the CR-1 process is not much longer than the K-1 process (6 - 9 months most times). For use NOT 7 years.... :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.