LDN2NYC

Submitting documents to NVC as 'ONE package'

187 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My best advice to everyone currently undergoing nvc processing is to call nvc operator, ask questions pertaining your case and follow the instructions given. Every case is different, I personnally submitted oas and iv package <civil documents> without geting iv fee invoiced to may payment. Today I got a message from nvc that I have been invoiced to make iv payment and fill out the ds260. Although I did requested for expidited processing.

My best advice to everyone currently undergoing nvc processing is to call nvc operator, ask questions pertaining your case and follow the instructions given. Every case is different, I personnally submitted oas and iv package <civil documents> without geting iv fee invoiced to may payment. Today I got a message from nvc that I have been invoiced to make iv payment and fill out the ds260. Although I did requested for expidited processing.

You're misunderstanding what the NVC is wanting you to do . They do not want you to pay the AOS fee and submit the documents after that, they want you pay BOTH fees and submit the documents.

So this is not impossible but simply not a good idea if you would want to go through the process with any sort of speed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

NLR do what you feel is right for your case. What ever i state here is exactly how my case is been processed. I only act on nvc instructions and recommendations given to me each time I call and it has been helpful. As I have said earlier, every case is diffirent. I recommend you call nvc on (603) 334-0700 and direct your questions to them, I'm sure you will get the best answers to your case as well as answers to the new system of documents submittion. Goodluck

The 60 days is for the AOS, your DS-261 should be listed as complete, and Yes the IV Fee and DS-260 Application is still closed pending the AOS Reivew.

Small Correction, the "Only People who will get the AOS and IV Fee's are those who have filed for Expedited Processing", therefore they will be able to submit both packages at the same time, I would recommend submission individually and not as one package, they're has been some people who got a NVC Check-list because of this.

thanks Chris&Angel ... yes the DS-261 is listed as complete.

Should I consider the 60 days notice date as mark for the 60 days?

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

thanks Chris&Angel ... yes the DS-261 is listed as complete.

Should I consider the 60 days notice date as mark for the 60 days?

It's a good reference point, but what both my wife and I have been following (Not just Singapore but every country) is the date that the NVC recieved your AOS Package, it's trending around 30 - 35 days, then the IV Fee payment window opens along with the DS-260 Application.

Summary Information Page from NVC should look like or show:

Choice of Agent (DS-261) Complete

Affdavit of Support (AOS)

AOS Fee (PAID)

Support Documents (N/A) still under review

Applicant Info (DS-260)

IV Fee (Pay Now) window isn't open at this time

Civil Documents (N/A)

In our case the AOS Packet was recieved by the NVC on 2 Sept 2014, therefore we are looking on or about 2 Oct 2014 for the AOS review to be completed, and for the IV Fee window will open. For us this is really important because my wife has to have 2 Police Cert's, one from Malaysia and one from Singapore. We know the Singapore PC will take about 10 days, the one from Malaysia could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months, we are hoping for the least amount of time form Malaysia 3 weeks. There is one problem, the Singapore Embassy will only accept PC's that are no older with 6 months, every other country the PC is valid for 1 year, so timming is very important, so we don't have to repeat the process again. So, basically the wife will apply for the Malay PC shortly after the IV Fee is Paid, then a week after apply for the Singapore PC, we hope both will arrive at the same time, then complete the DS-260 in the mean time, while I wait for her to send them via DHL to me to submit to the NVC around the 1st week in Nov. Possible Interview date around 15 Mar 2015 or sooner, but we don't control this!

It's very important that everyone here at VisaJourney update there "Timeline" as NVC events occure, this allows everyone to see and forecast the appoximate times as each step passes, and for the people who maintain VisaJourney to furnish the best possbile information to those who are planning to bring there spouse or family member here.

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

It's a good reference point, but what both my wife and I have been following (Not just Singapore but every country) is the date that the NVC recieved your AOS Package, it's trending around 30 - 35 days, then the IV Fee payment window opens along with the DS-260 Application.

Summary Information Page from NVC should look like or show:

Choice of Agent (DS-261) Complete

Affdavit of Support (AOS)

AOS Fee (PAID)

Support Documents (N/A) still under review

Applicant Info (DS-260)

IV Fee (Pay Now) window isn't open at this time

Civil Documents (N/A)

In our case the AOS Packet was recieved by the NVC on 2 Sept 2014, therefore we are looking on or about 2 Oct 2014 for the AOS review to be completed, and for the IV Fee window will open. For us this is really important because my wife has to have 2 Police Cert's, one from Malaysia and one from Singapore. We know the Singapore PC will take about 10 days, the one from Malaysia could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months, we are hoping for the least amount of time form Malaysia 3 weeks. There is one problem, the Singapore Embassy will only accept PC's that are no older with 6 months, every other country the PC is valid for 1 year, so timming is very important, so we don't have to repeat the process again. So, basically the wife will apply for the Malay PC shortly after the IV Fee is Paid, then a week after apply for the Singapore PC, we hope both will arrive at the same time, then complete the DS-260 in the mean time, while I wait for her to send them via DHL to me to submit to the NVC around the 1st week in Nov. Possible Interview date around 15 Mar 2015 or sooner, but we don't control this!

It's very important that everyone here at VisaJourney update there "Timeline" as NVC events occure, this allows everyone to see and forecast the appoximate times as each step passes, and for the people who maintain VisaJourney to furnish the best possbile information to those who are planning to bring there spouse or family member here.

The stopper of my civil documents is my NBI clearance from Philippines and Police clearance from Qatar. Hoping to get my NBI from Philippines in 1 or 2 weeks max. for Qatar Police clearance, its been 6 weeks since I sent my request in Qatar Embassy, and ive been calling them every week , still not ready for pick up L . They said it can take up to 3 months. Hopefully it will be ready once IV is invoiced so I can send my IV dox right away.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

Timeline

Iv fees becomes available when the ds261 is been reviewed and this takes 2-4weeks. The fact that ds261 status indicates completed does not mean that nvc has reviewed it.

From the new system, nvc recommend submitting both aos and iv package as one package if you have them ready, or as separate package when ever each is ready but early enough with same oas cover sheet to review both package same time within the 60days time frame. Inbetween the 60days time frame, iv fees window will then be opened for iv payment. At this time all you need is to pay the iv fees,fill out ds260 and wait for case completed or checklist at the end of the 60days. This was what nvc operator told me and I did same thing and it worked for me. I always recommend people to call nvc and find out things them selves.

Nvc processing is entirely diffirent for expedited cases. Nvc expedite means by passing nvc straight to US embassy or consulates overseas and these varies from countries to countries.

Timeline

Believe me or not if you submit oas package and want to wait till you pay the iv fees before you submit the iv package, you are only wasting your time. Same oas cover sheet can be use to submit the iv package if you have not been invoiced to pay the iv fees and you have your documents ready. Same people are afraid that nvc will misplace their civil documents if submitted without the iv fees cover sheet which I totally disagree with. Whether you submit with the oas cover sheet or you wait until the iv become available to use the cover sheet to submit the package, documents can stil be misplaced.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Iv fees becomes available when the ds261 is been reviewed and this takes 2-4weeks. The fact that ds261 status indicates completed does not mean that nvc has reviewed it.

From the new system, nvc recommend submitting both aos and iv package as one package if you have them ready, or as separate package when ever each is ready but early enough with same oas cover sheet to review both package same time within the 60days time frame. Inbetween the 60days time frame, iv fees window will then be opened for iv payment. At this time all you need is to pay the iv fees,fill out ds260 and wait for case completed or checklist at the end of the 60days. This was what nvc operator told me and I did same thing and it worked for me. I always recommend people to call nvc and find out things them selves.

Nvc processing is entirely diffirent for expedited cases. Nvc expedite means by passing nvc straight to US embassy or consulates overseas and these varies from countries to countries.

Hi, I just thought I would post my experience on here for others to get an idea of what could become normal (maybe?). I called NVC for a case number on the 16th (last Tuesday, I think). They told me they had received my case on the 10th but it wasn't entered in the system yet. On Friday the 19th I got a forwarded email from my husband with a case number and an invoice ID number. I went online (same day) on the link provided in the email and logged into CEAC, and the DS-261 was there. I filled it out and signed it, then submitted it. The site said to give them 3 to 5 days to review it. I thought BS because of what I have been reading on VJ. Checked it now just for giggles and, low and behold, both the AOS and IV fees say PAY NOW. Now...that was fast!! I figured at least a month!!

It's kind of freaky...

Looks like they really do want both packages at once. Haven't even touched a DS-260. I'm thinking that things might be changing.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Hi, I just thought I would post my experience on here for others to get an idea of what could become normal (maybe?). I called NVC for a case number on the 16th (last Tuesday, I think). They told me they had received my case on the 10th but it wasn't entered in the system yet. On Friday the 19th I got a forwarded email from my husband with a case number and an invoice ID number. I went online (same day) on the link provided in the email and logged into CEAC, and the DS-261 was there. I filled it out and signed it, then submitted it. The site said to give them 3 to 5 days to review it. I thought BS because of what I have been reading on VJ. Checked it now just for giggles and, low and behold, both the AOS and IV fees say PAY NOW. Now...that was fast!! I figured at least a month!!

It's kind of freaky...

Looks like they really do want both packages at once. Haven't even touched a DS-260. I'm thinking that things might be changing.

Please update us once you have paid the AOS, there should be a check-box to the right to the Pay Now link, check and see if there is check-box to the right of the Pay Now link for the IV Fee, if there is no check-box you don't have Access to make payment for the IV Fee.

What you have described is exactly what I saw once the DS-261 was review and completed.

Edited by Chris&Angel

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Believe me or not if you submit oas package and want to wait till you pay the iv fees before you submit the iv package, you are only wasting your time. Same oas cover sheet can be use to submit the iv package if you have not been invoiced to pay the iv fees and you have your documents ready. Same people are afraid that nvc will misplace their civil documents if submitted without the iv fees cover sheet which I totally disagree with. Whether you submit with the oas cover sheet or you wait until the iv become available to use the cover sheet to submit the package, documents can stil be misplaced.

Was your petition/application submitted for Expedited service?

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

A couple very close to our timeline submitted their AOS on 16 Aug 2014, the probability that the NVC recieved the AOS Packet on or about 19 Aug 2014, today they updated that the IV Fee's were paid 22 Sept 2014, in total 37 calendar days or 26 Working Days.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Timeline

It's normal, I said that in my previous post. Iv fees becomes available 2-4weeks [atmost 30days] after fillout ds261. Iv fees has nothing to do with oas submittion. Now that the couple has just paid the iv fees, the review of their package will be 60days starting from the day nvc receive their iv package or completed package. If they had submitted both packages right before paying their iv fees, their documents review days would be at around 40days or less by now. As the couple to update you on their review time as soon as they submit the iv package.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today I mailed the AOS and IV packages together to the NVC.

My AOS fee shows "paid" and I filled out the DS261 Friday, Sept 19th.

I used the AOS coversheet for both packages AND the document cover sheet I received in the mail with the Case # and Invoice # notice.

The document cover sheet is a one page sheet where you "check off" each document with either "Enclosed" "Unavailable" or "Not Applicable."

RobbieG,

Dallas, TX

event.png

Timeline

RobbieG you are in the right track. You will receive a 60days documents review message from nvc in a few days to come. Also, in 2-4weeks Iv fees window will be open to make payment and to fill out ds260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.