LDN2NYC

Submitting documents to NVC as 'ONE package'

187 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will have to wait for atleast 30days from the date of submitting online ds261 for iv bill to be invoiced. After which you can then select to pay the iv fees just same procedure as the aos. I believe nvc will notify you as soon as you get invoiced. but I will recommend checking case online time to time should nvc fails to send you payment invoice notice mail.

What's IV fee? I've looked through all the info on NVC package for IR-5 and didn't find anything like that.

Are you K1 or IR-1? Your page says K1. And I think for they have different process as for the IV fee and civil documents submission.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center Process of Pending Applications IR-1/CR-1

Under the old policy of document submissions and the step by step process:

Step 1. DS-261 Online Form

Choice of Agent Form (Contact Person for matters involving the Status of the Pending Application)

Notification from NVC as “Complete”

Step 2. Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fee Window is opened for the Petitioner to make payment.

Petitioner Makes Payment

Notification from NVC as “Paid”; with Acknowledgement (Receipt) and Document Submission using the NVC Generated Cover Letter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support Form, with Petitioner Financial Documents

Step 3. DS- 260 Online Visa Application data-entry:

Immigration Visa (IV) Fee Window is opened for the Petitioner to make payment.

Petitioner Makes Payment

Notification from NVC as “Paid”; with Acknowledgement (Receipt) and Document Submission using NVC Generated Cover Letter.

Civil Document Submission: Marriage Cert., Birth Cert, Police Reports etc.

Step 4. NVC Beneficiary Visa Application Approval (Case Complete)

Step 5. NVC sends Approved Visa Petition sent to Local U.S. Embassy with Visa Interview Date.

Step 6. U.S. Embassy send letter to Applicant with Instructions and needed Documents prior to the Interview.

Step 7. The Interview

Step 8. U.S. Embassy Issuance of Visa or Denial of the Visa

Old Step by Step Process with the Nations Visa Center.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Old Process for Fee Payments:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees.html

Normal Application Processing time was 30 Days. On or about 1 August 2014, this policy changed to 60 days (word of mouth from the NVC Call Center), and has been reported by pending Petitioners/Applicants when calling the NVC to inquire about their Application Status, that the NVC is experiencing delays because of the number of Applications they’re receiving from USCIS.

Application Fee changes for various Documents went into effect on 12 Sept 2014; this should “Only” apply “New Applications”, not the current Pending Application that were filed months or years ago.

Under the New Policy of Document Submission to the NVC, all Documents must be submitted at the same time (One Package); this change occurred on or about 19 September 2014. There was No “News” notification posted anywhere on the Department of State Consular’s website informing current Petitioners/Applicants of this change.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant process/documents/Submit_documents.html

NVC News Bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/news.html

It’s not like the NVCDidn’t know” who these Petitioners/Applicants were, once the DS-261 is completed, the NVC has an entire “Database of email addresses (Choice of Agent)” of pending Applications that should have been “Notified Immediately of this Change”!

The main contradiction to this “New Policy Change” is, the Petitioner/Applicant cannot Access the DS-260 Online Application without being “Billed and Paying the IV Fee First”, because it’s “Not Available” until the IV Fee is “Paid First”, therefore making the “One Package Submission is Moot”!

There is “No” remedy given by the NVC to those who have filed documents prior to this change and who will have Priority at this point, other than the “Fact of Significant Delays”, because these New Procedures were “Not Followed”!

It was discovered after reviewing the Consular’s “Step by Step” procedures and processing of Visa Applications on or about the same date as stated above.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

As it stands right now, those who filed and followed the “Old Process and Procedures” are now victimized and penalized by the NVC because of this change in Policy! This shouldn’t be the case; the NVC should be using “FIFO” method to resolve this issue!

Issue:

Since nearly 100% of all pending Visa Applications (at least a Thousand or more that are pending) where submitted under the Old Policy prior to this change, now the Petitioner/Applicant faces delays beyond their control because of this change in Policy. This should not be the case; the Department of State created this new problem, therefore causing “Significant” delays in the process of Pending Applications because of the Policy Change.

Solution:

Open the IV Fee Payment Window “Immediately”; so that all “Pending Applications” prior to this change can pay the IV Fee and submit their “Documents” without “Delay”!

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

These are the NEW steps as I read and understand them.

Step 1 – Choose an agent

Step 2 – Pay fees (Immigrant visa application processing fee and Affidavit of support fee)

If you pay online allow 5 days for the NVC to process your fee payments before continuing to the next step

Step 3 – Complete DS-260 (Cannot Access or Complete this Document until the IV Fee is Paid)

After completing the DS-260 you must print the confirmation page and bring it to your interview.

Step 4 – Collect financial documents

· Complete Affidavit of Support Form i.e., I-864

· Obtain financial evidence i.e., IRS Tax Transcripts

Step 5 – Collect supporting documents (These are the IV documents, marriage cert/ police cert etc)

Step 6 – Submit documents to the NVC as ‘ONE package’ (Impossible to Submit as “One Package”)

· After you collect your affidavit of support form (s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, You must submit all of the documents in 'ONE package' to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

· PLEASE ALLOW 60 DAYS for the NVC to review your forms and documents.

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

Thanks again.

This is what I have at the fees page now. For some reason, I can't select the IV payment - there is no box to select it((((

Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fees
Petitioner
Fee Amount
Payment Status
Select
JOHNSON JANE

$88.00
PAID
IV Application Processing Fees
Applicant Name
Birth Year
Relation
Fee Amount
Payment Status
Select
Total Amount Selected: $0.00

The fee is not available for you to pay yet that's why it's showing at $0.00 - once it's available Its $325 that's the new amount as off September 12th 2014. For new applicant only..

Edited by LDN2NYC

USCIS

10.02.2014 - Sent I-130

28.02.2014 - Received NAO 1

09.07.2014 - Transferred to CSC from NSC

28.07.2014 - RFE - Passport pictures

05.08.2014 - RFE - Sent recorded

15.08.2014 - NAO 2 Approved

NVC

27.08.2014 - Case received

08.09.2014 - Case number/IIN assigned - Rcvd via Mail

17.09.2014 - Submitted DS-261 & PAID AOS bill

19.09.2014 - AOS appeared as PAID

02.10.2014 - IV Bill available & PAID

03.10.2014 - AOS & IV Packages sent as 'ONE'

03.10.2014 - DS-260 Available

04.10.2014 - DS-260 Completed

06.10.2014 - AOS/IV package received by NVC - SCAN DATE

08.10.2014 - 60 day email received

01.12.2014 - Case Complete

18.12.2014 - Medical done

14.01.2015 - Interview APPROVED!!!

21.01.2015- Passport returned with visa

19.01.2015- POE - JFK (smooth entry)

09.03.2015- Applied for SSN card via local office

26.03.2015 -PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (GREEN CARD) DELIVERED

09.04.2015 -SSN card didn't arrive so went back to local office & was given the number

15.04.2015 -SSN card in the mail

N-400 - Citizenship

Service Center:   Online

CIS Office - New York City/NY

12.18.2020 - Date Filed

12.18.2020 - NOA Date

07.02.2020 - Biometric Apt

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center Process of Pending Applications IR-1/CR-1

Under the old policy of document submissions and the step by step process:

Step 1. DS-261 Online Form

Choice of Agent Form (Contact Person for matters involving the Status of the Pending Application)

Notification from NVC as “Complete”

Step 2. Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fee Window is opened for the Petitioner to make payment.

Petitioner Makes Payment

Notification from NVC as “Paid”; with Acknowledgement (Receipt) and Document Submission using the NVC Generated Cover Letter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support Form, with Petitioner Financial Documents

Step 3. DS- 260 Online Visa Application data-entry:

Immigration Visa (IV) Fee Window is opened for the Petitioner to make payment.

Petitioner Makes Payment

Notification from NVC as “Paid”; with Acknowledgement (Receipt) and Document Submission using NVC Generated Cover Letter.

Civil Document Submission: Marriage Cert., Birth Cert, Police Reports etc.

Step 4. NVC Beneficiary Visa Application Approval (Case Complete)

Step 5. NVC sends Approved Visa Petition sent to Local U.S. Embassy with Visa Interview Date.

Step 6. U.S. Embassy send letter to Applicant with Instructions and needed Documents prior to the Interview.

Step 7. The Interview

Step 8. U.S. Embassy Issuance of Visa or Denial of the Visa

Old Step by Step Process with the Nations Visa Center.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Old Process for Fee Payments:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees.html

Normal Application Processing time was 30 Days. On or about 1 August 2014, this policy changed to 60 days (word of mouth from the NVC Call Center), and has been reported by pending Petitioners/Applicants when calling the NVC to inquire about their Application Status, that the NVC is experiencing delays because of the number of Applications they’re receiving from USCIS.

Application Fee changes for various Documents went into effect on 12 Sept 2014; this should “Only” apply “New Applications”, not the current Pending Application that were filed months or years ago.

Under the New Policy of Document Submission to the NVC, all Documents must be submitted at the same time (One Package); this change occurred on or about 19 September 2014. There was No “News” notification posted anywhere on the Department of State Consular’s website informing current Petitioners/Applicants of this change.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant process/documents/Submit_documents.html

NVC News Bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/news.html

It’s not like the NVCDidn’t know” who these Petitioners/Applicants were, once the DS-261 is completed, the NVC has an entire “Database of email addresses (Choice of Agent)” of pending Applications that should have been “Notified Immediately of this Change”!

The main contradiction to this “New Policy Change” is, the Petitioner/Applicant cannot Access the DS-260 Online Application without being “Billed and Paying the IV Fee First”, because it’s “Not Available” until the IV Fee is “Paid First”, therefore making the “One Package Submission is Moot”!

There is “No” remedy given by the NVC to those who have filed documents prior to this change and who will have Priority at this point, other than the “Fact of Significant Delays”, because these New Procedures were “Not Followed”!

It was discovered after reviewing the Consular’s “Step by Step” procedures and processing of Visa Applications on or about the same date as stated above.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

As it stands right now, those who filed and followed the “Old Process and Procedures” are now victimized and penalized by the NVC because of this change in Policy! This shouldn’t be the case; the NVC should be using “FIFO” method to resolve this issue!

Issue:

Since nearly 100% of all pending Visa Applications (at least a Thousand or more that are pending) where submitted under the Old Policy prior to this change, now the Petitioner/Applicant faces delays beyond their control because of this change in Policy. This should not be the case; the Department of State created this new problem, therefore causing “Significant” delays in the process of Pending Applications because of the Policy Change.

Solution:

Open the IV Fee Payment Window “Immediately”; so that all “Pending Applications” prior to this change can pay the IV Fee and submit their “Documents” without “Delay”!

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

These are the NEW steps as I read and understand them.

Step 1 – Choose an agent

Step 2 – Pay fees (Immigrant visa application processing fee and Affidavit of support fee)

If you pay online allow 5 days for the NVC to process your fee payments before continuing to the next step

Step 3 – Complete DS-260 (Cannot Access or Complete this Document until the IV Fee is Paid)

After completing the DS-260 you must print the confirmation page and bring it to your interview.

Step 4 – Collect financial documents

· Complete Affidavit of Support Form i.e., I-864

· Obtain financial evidence i.e., IRS Tax Transcripts

Step 5 – Collect supporting documents (These are the IV documents, marriage cert/ police cert etc)

Step 6 – Submit documents to the NVC as ‘ONE package’ (Impossible to Submit as “One Package”)

· After you collect your affidavit of support form (s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, You must submit all of the documents in 'ONE package' to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

· PLEASE ALLOW 60 DAYS for the NVC to review your forms and documents.

Thanks for the clearly stated updated information.

How come you say in RED- it's impossible to submit as "One Package" ??

I thought that was actually going to be okay...

USCIS

10.02.2014 - Sent I-130

NVC

09.04.2015 -SSN card didn't arrive so went back to local office & was given the number

N-400 - Citizenship

12.18.2020 - Date Filed

12.18.2020 - NOA Date

Thanks for the clearly stated updated information.

How come you say in RED- it's impossible to submit as "One Package" ??

I thought that was actually going to be okay...

NVC is saying that your package must be submitted together per there New Online posted Application process and flowchart to (Mail-In I-864 plus Financials and DS-260 Civil Documents), unless your going to sit on your AOS for 60 days until you have Access to the DS-260 (which is Pending at this time), you simply cannot submit both together. If this was the intend of the NVC, this would mean around 60 day for the AOS review to completion, then another 15 days or more for the completion of the IV review to completion before you send in all the documents, which they will review again over a 60 day window or another 4 1/2 months in processing time.

Your timeline is vary close to our timeline, but yet we have completed both the DS-261 and submitted our AOS separately, your AOS is currently still under 'Review" as is mine, until it's completed you won't have Access to the IV Payment window which is still pending and Access to the (DS-260 Online Immigration Visa Application). NVC is still processing our petitions using the Old Process, under the New Process the IV Fee payment window along with the AOS payment window whould be opened at the same time, this isn't the case at this time!

Whoever the person that thought about this change at the NVC, clearly didn't look at the whole process as it stands right! The Delays that are being caused right now are from the NVC which has everyone confused about the process!

As for those who are just starting this process with the DS-261, it would be great to know if they would update this forum on weather or not the AOS and IV Payments windows are open at the same time under the New Process. If this is True, then all the prior pending petitions submitted before 19 Sept 2014, have a Legit Beef witht the NVC, therefore opening the window for Congressional Complaints.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

NVC is saying that your package must be submitted together per there New Online posted Application process and flowchart to (Mail-In I-864 plus Financials and DS-260 Civil Documents), unless your going to sit on your AOS for 60 days until you have Access to the DS-260 (which is Pending at this time), you simply cannot submit both together. If this was the intend of the NVC, this would mean around 60 day for the AOS review to completion, then another 15 days or more for the completion of the IV review to completion before you send in all the documents, which they will review again over a 60 day window or another 4 1/2 months in processing time.

Your timeline is vary close to our timeline, but yet we have completed both the DS-261 and submitted our AOS separately, your AOS is currently still under 'Review" as is mine, until it's completed you won't have Access to the IV Payment window which is still pending and Access to the (DS-260 Online Immigration Visa Application). NVC is still processing our petitions using the Old Process, under the New Process the IV Fee payment window along with the AOS payment window whould be opened at the same time, this isn't the case at this time!

Whoever the person that thought about this change at the NVC, clearly didn't look at the whole process as it stands right! The Delays that are being caused right now are from the NVC which has everyone confused about the process!

As for those who are just starting this process with the DS-261, it would be great to know if they would update this forum on weather or not the AOS and IV Payments windows are open at the same time under the New Process. If this is True, then all the prior pending petitions submitted before 19 Sept 2014, have a Legit Beef witht the NVC, therefore opening the window for Congressional Complaints.

How to know the status of the AOS. Ours was delivered to NVC last week.

Sept 2011- Met Online

USCIS

NVC

EMBASSY

You make a very good and varied point, I think at this rate I will have to call and find out what side of the process we fall into. Our AOS fee etc was invoiced prior to Sept 19th date so I am confused as to what we should do. We need to fill in the I-864 and then we can submit the AOS package, but the 'DELAY' threat from NVC if both packages aren't sent together is worrying me.

USCIS

10.02.2014 - Sent I-130

NVC

N-400 - Citizenship

12.18.2020 - Date Filed

12.18.2020 - NOA Date

Filed: Country: Moldova
Timeline

I'm thinking that there is just a technical problem with the website. If you go through https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx then there isn't any info about the Principal Applicant and no option to pay. If you go through this link https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx then is shows the applicant and has a Pay Now link. Unfortunatly, the link just points you to the first link which doesn't have the option.

Personally, I'm going to hold out a few more days and hope they get this resolved.

Ryan

How to know the status of the AOS. Ours was delivered to NVC last week.

You won't know what the Status is until NVC reviews the AOS, hope you had Tracking info on your AOS packet, to know when they recieved your AOS, then count 60 days.

The real dilemma begins on which process the NVC will use, the New Process or the Old Process, under the New Process your file is in-complete, because the IV Application wasn't submitted at the same time per the New Process Guidelines.

Did you have Access to the IV Application DS-260 and were you able to pay the IV Fee at the same time you paid the AOS Fee?

There has to be over a Thousand pending Petitions/Applications regardless of the type of Visa applied for, at the NVC that fall under the Old Process, but in the NVC eyes, they are consided in-complete at this time.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

I'm thinking that there is just a technical problem with the website. If you go through https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx then there isn't any info about the Principal Applicant and no option to pay. If you go through this link https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx then is shows the applicant and has a Pay Now link. Unfortunatly, the link just points you to the first link which doesn't have the option.

Personally, I'm going to hold out a few more days and hope they get this resolved.

Ryan

Ryan,

I'm going to wait until 2 Oct 2014, 30 days after receipt of the AOS and call the NVC. I have tried to Access the various portals with no success to pay the IV Fee. When I do call I will be asking vary pointed questions as why the IV payment window isn't open at this time, per the New Process Guidance.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

You make a very good and varied point, I think at this rate I will have to call and find out what side of the process we fall into. Our AOS fee etc was invoiced prior to Sept 19th date so I am confused as to what we should do. We need to fill in the I-864 and then we can submit the AOS package, but the 'DELAY' threat from NVC if both packages aren't sent together is worrying me.

Someone at the NVC had there head where the sun doesn't shine when they made this "Change in Procedure". All we can do is wait for the NVC, it's Delayed as it stands now.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

You won't know what the Status is until NVC reviews the AOS, hope you had Tracking info on your AOS packet, to know when they recieved your AOS, then count 60 days.

The real dilemma begins on which process the NVC will use, the New Process or the Old Process, under the New Process your file is in-complete, because the IV Application wasn't submitted at the same time per the New Process Guidelines.

Did you have Access to the IV Application DS-260 and were you able to pay the IV Fee at the same time you paid the AOS Fee?

There has to be over a Thousand pending Petitions/Applications regardless of the type of Visa applied for, at the NVC that fall under the Old Process, but in the NVC eyes, they are consided in-complete at this time.

AOS package was received at NVC on Sept 15. Im worried now about the new process cause yes you are right, it will only means that our document is incomplete.

I submitted the DS-261 on Sept 8, and I received the 60 days email from NVC, Im not sure if its for the DS-261 or for the AOS. Till now, IV and Ds-260 are both locked.

Sept 2011- Met Online

USCIS

NVC

EMBASSY

AOS package was received at NVC on Sept 15. Im worried now about the new process cause yes you are right, it will only means that our document is incomplete.

I submitted the DS-261 on Sept 8, and I received the 60 days email from NVC, Im not sure if its for the DS-261 or for the AOS. Till now, IV and Ds-260 are both locked.

The 60 days is for the AOS, your DS-261 should be listed as complete, and Yes the IV Fee and DS-260 Application is still closed pending the AOS Reivew.

Small Correction, the "Only People who will get the AOS and IV Fee's are those who have filed for Expedited Processing", therefore they will be able to submit both packages at the same time, I would recommend submission individually and not as one package, they're has been some people who got a NVC Check-list because of this.

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

New system. why all these comments, it not hard. Submit oas and iv package together if you have them ready. Iv fees will definitely be invoiced for payment before case completed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.