her25

read this

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The long waits for processing are awful. As someone mentioned we know this in advance and must schedule our daily lives around that. Otherwise, we might just be overwhelmed by the stress. As for waiting for NVC to answer calls, I have called around six times. The wait for a live agent to answer is also awful. I have survived that by after each busy signal, rapidly clicking "redial" on my phone until the call is answered by the automated system. Then, I turn on the speaker phone to wait for a live agent. This way my hands and ear are free for other nearby tasks. The process of dialing and getting an agent on the phone has been taking on the average around 50 minutes as of late. I live in Mexico and am fortunate in being enrolled for unlimited calls to the USA. There are different ways this can be done.

I have never spoken to an agent that has been rude to me. I am finishing up the NVC wait, but until now I can say that the agents have been consistently nice and helpful -- exceptionally so. I am a natural born US citizen, so the English language is no problem for me. Apparently some of you have had negative experiences. This is indeed unfortunate. The agents themselves might be getting stressed out if language differences are hindering communications. I am not saying that this is an excuse for rudeness.

Even if the writing campaign has some success, it is doubtful that the changes will be anytime soon to affect any of us. It would be a bad situation if they decided all at once to hire hundreds more of additional -- but inexperienced workers.

Best wishes for all of you.

Vernon Kostohryz

~~moved to NVC forum from IR1/CR1 process and procedures as topic is about writing about the NVC not the IR1 process~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am so blessed to have a awesome US Senator Barbara Miluski from MD. Her office contacted NVC and helped me get my case closed much faster. I even had a checklist for a Russian police certificate. The day NVC received the police certificate my case was closed. My interview is scheduled for 10/7. What I have learned during this process, lawyers are a big waste of money. Most of them are incompetent. Law school is a rip off. Visa Journey and other websites were more helpful. My advice is to reach out in every way possible to whoever you feel would help you get through this process.Its your marriage. It's your life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so blessed to have a awesome US Senator Barbara Miluski from MD. Her office contacted NVC and helped me get my case closed much faster. I even had a checklist for a Russian police certificate. The day NVC received the police certificate my case was closed. My interview is scheduled for 10/7. What I have learned during this process, lawyers are a big waste of money. Most of them are incompetent. Law school is a rip off. Visa Journey and other websites were more helpful. My advice is to reach out in every way possible to whoever you feel would help you get through this process.Its your marriage. It's your life.

Well the thing is about lawyers (and no law school isn't a rip off) they are going to law school to learn law not forms or how to put your love letters together. Nothing we are doing needs legal representation. Honestly most these lawyers are guessing and probably reading Visajourney themselves to know what the heck is going on.

Lawyers don't do forms. There is no course in law school how to fill out forms of any kind. That's for legal assistance and paralegals to do. When you need to be represented in court or at a Embassy or consulate or iIf the law is broken than yes by all means get a lawyer.

People are hiring lawyers for things they aren't trained or knowledgeable in. How is a lawyer going to know the vast difference in Embassies of Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Pakistan Philippines (to name a few) compared to UK or Canada.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well the thing is about lawyers (and no law school isn't a rip off) they are going to law school to learn law not forms or how to put your love letters together. Nothing we are doing needs legal representation. Honestly most these lawyers are guessing and probably reading Visajourney themselves to know what the heck is going on.

Lawyers don't do forms. There is no course in law school how to fill out forms of any kind. That's for legal assistance and paralegals to do. When you need to be represented in court or at a Embassy or consulate or iIf the law is broken than yes by all means get a lawyer.

People are hiring lawyers for things they aren't trained or knowledgeable in. How is a lawyer going to know the vast difference in Embassies of Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Pakistan Philippines (to name a few) compared to UK or Canada.

Law school is a rip off. So many graduates cannot even find real jobs in the field anymore and wind up stuck with over a 100k in debt. What the heck you mean they don't know how to fill out forms? With all the education they received they should be able to fill out forms which is not freaking complicated. Immigration lawyers are advertising they can assist with the process. What the heck are people paying all those attorneys for? That means their education was a waste of damn money. This is the most idiotic thing I've heard.

Edited by Monalisa22

MONALISA22 thank you very very much for your replay and your support i do love your comment so people do not know what there are speak about.

Please can you tell me what do did you tell your senator for them tohelps you regarding your nvc case.

Thank you

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This will NEVER work nor will it change how the government processes immigration requests.

I can remember a HUGE thread a couple of years ago about a girl who wrote a complaint letter to President Obama. It was legit and she even received a reply from his office, but it changed nothing. The thread however was very entertaining............

Hello,

Today i was advice by immigration lawyer who told me to write letter to The Honorable Jeh Johnson Secretary Of Homeland Security and let him know about how NVC are working on people case, so many delay they disrespect everyone that have case pending for review and for me i think its is good idea so we all can start some action and see

It can work if you do something like this. The only catch is that a US citizen has to be the one signing the petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Create your petition and have any US citizen sign it. Put it to all your friends on Facebook etc....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Law school is a rip off. So many graduates cannot even find real jobs in the field anymore and wind up stuck with over a 100k in debt. What the heck you mean they don't know how to fill out forms? With all the education they received they should be able to fill out forms which is not freaking complicated. Immigration lawyers are advertising they can assist with the process. What the heck are people paying all those attorneys for? That means their education was a waste of damn money. This is the most idiotic thing I've heard.

Okay Monalisa22 I guess I am one of those idiots you speak of since I will be entering law school in the fall. Oh well. Wish you all the best.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.