DarwishAE

Discouraged. Will it ever end...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you have a good heart, and things will work out for you, but no one knows how long it will take, just hang in there, and be strong, "as you have no idea the feeling" what it is to get on an airplane, traveling to the USA, with your loved one.,.,..,.,,IT is a great feeling!

Was there any chance you could have done a K-1 visa..,.,.,.,SO much easier, and quicker.,.,.,...,.,???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good luck to you, Dear.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think you have a good heart, and things will work out for you, but no one knows how long it will take, just hang in there, and be strong, "as you have no idea the feeling" what it is to get on an airplane, traveling to the USA, with your loved one.,.,..,.,,IT is a great feeling!

Was there any chance you could have done a K-1 visa..,.,.,.,SO much easier, and quicker.,.,.,...,.,???

Looking back we probably should have just done the K1. We didn't realize how much easier it was. When we got married we hadn't done a ton of research into the different ways to go about getting him here. I've had the K1 rubbed in my face a few times now because of our timeline and case in general. I've been told none of this would be happening had we just done the K1. But, I wouldn't change the decision to get married. Even with the distance, the past two years have been the best of my life. I'm proud to call him my husband.

0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

You will go through, like everyone else does. You will get your husband home. Stay strong sister. Sounds like you have enough evidence of a genuine marriage, may be embassy in Egypt is really tough! But the thing is if it's a genuine marriage, and your sounds like it, your husband will have his visa.

I have no tough love for you, only compassion. Do you have a support system at home? I hope at least you have some family nearby. Clinical depression is no joke.

On the plus side, your husband's AP is not for security check(I think), but for processing of more evidence of genuine marriage. It should not take too long. Again, stay strong, it's easier said than done. But most of us here have been through various types of setbacks during our own immigration process and have lived to tell the tale.

Timeline

You will go through, like everyone else does. You will get your husband home. Stay strong sister. Sounds like you have enough evidence of a genuine marriage, may be embassy in Egypt is really tough! But the thing is if it's a genuine marriage, and your sounds like it, your husband will have his visa.

I have no tough love for you, only compassion. Do you have a support system at home? I hope at least you have some family nearby. Clinical depression is no joke.

On the plus side, your husband's AP is not for security check(I think), but for processing of more evidence of genuine marriage. It should not take too long. Again, stay strong, it's easier said than done. But most of us here have been through various types of setbacks during our own immigration process and have lived to tell the tale.

The embassy in Egypt is known to be tough. Although, most of the time it's just lengthy AP, not flat out denials.

I do have family close to me. But I moved fairly recently so all my close friends are in Utah or a 5 hour drive from where I live now. Thankfully, my husband is a pro at calming me down when I'm having an episode, it's just more efficient when he can be there right beside me through it.

As far as we know it is only for evidence of our marriage. Not any security checks or whatnot.

I really appreciate your words of support.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm not looking for tough love. I've been harassed one too many times on this site. I really am just looking for people who understand this feeling. We're all in this together.

~~~If you feel a post is harassing in nature, please use the report button on such posts so a Moderator can review it and take action if necessary.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hang in there. Sadly is not fair process and the waiting time sucks. Just have faith and try to keep yourself busy. Once he get the visa you will forget all of that waiting time. I was under AP for 14 months, 2 interviews.now and after being in the USA I don't even feel or think that it took me that long to get the via.

Ask your family members and friends to send some eemails to the embassy explaining to them how much you guys live each other.... that might help.

As I used to say that the USA embassy in Egypt is just a clean version of hell.

Good luck

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Looking back we probably should have just done the K1. We didn't realize how much easier it was. When we got married we hadn't done a ton of research into the different ways to go about getting him here. I've had the K1 rubbed in my face a few times now because of our timeline and case in general. I've been told none of this would be happening had we just done the K1. But, I wouldn't change the decision to get married. Even with the distance, the past two years have been the best of my life. I'm proud to call him my husband.

I don't think you should feel the K 1 would have been easier from what I have seen related to Egypt. Your case has been difficult but in the end you will have what you worked and waited for. You are making an investment in the future of two people that will forever change those lives.

If it helps I will tell you my own case took a very long, difficult 408 days but here I am and now a U S citizen with a good life. It was worth every painful minute. I hope the same for you.

For the few that may have seemed to abuse you there are many more that truly understand and want you to succeed.

Timeline

Keep your head up I been in the samething sadness when I left my husband in Egypt,Spent a night in france hospital I passed out on the plane.Read our story we fought for 2 years until his visa was in hand.Married more than 4 now and together more than 6.With Love GF all things are possible I will be praying for you, keep strong (F)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looking at your timeline, you filled for your husband to be here since last year..and it seems absolutely ridiculous for them to put you in AP. Im sure they have enough proof that you have a bonafide marriage. Hope all goes well for you.

Timeline

Hang in there. Sadly is not fair process and the waiting time sucks. Just have faith and try to keep yourself busy. Once he get the visa you will forget all of that waiting time. I was under AP for 14 months, 2 interviews.now and after being in the USA I don't even feel or think that it took me that long to get the via.

Ask your family members and friends to send some eemails to the embassy explaining to them how much you guys live each other.... that might help.

As I used to say that the USA embassy in Egypt is just a clean version of hell.

Good luck

Under what circumstances do they do a second interview?

With the emails, I just don't want to do anything to compromise our case in any way. I want to throw more evidence at them but I don't want to do too much.

You had a very long journey, props to staying strong. Agreed on the Cairo embassy being a clean version of hell.

Timeline

I don't think you should feel the K 1 would have been easier from what I have seen related to Egypt. Your case has been difficult but in the end you will have what you worked and waited for. You are making an investment in the future of two people that will forever change those lives.

If it helps I will tell you my own case took a very long, difficult 408 days but here I am and now a U S citizen with a good life. It was worth every painful minute. I hope the same for you.

For the few that may have seemed to abuse you there are many more that truly understand and want you to succeed.

One thing we really liked about the CR1 is he could get a job fairly quickly. Waiting the 90 days with a K1 would drive my husband crazy. Work is really important to him.

I think we're at about 700 days now. But 408 is definitely long too. It's way longer than it should be. Thanks for your words of support.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It breaks my heart to hear you that you're going through this. And I really hate that you had put the disclaimer in that you don't need any negative comments but it is true with this site. Sometimes people get on and say stop your whining oh we're all going through the same thing. Blah blah blah. But is not why we're here. We're here for support we're here for information not to be criticised or admonished.

I am very sorry that you're going through this I will say a prayer for you. I pray things get approved quickly

J

Timeline

It breaks my heart to hear you that you're going through this. And I really hate that you had put the disclaimer in that you don't need any negative comments but it is true with this site. Sometimes people get on and say stop your whining oh we're all going through the same thing. Blah blah blah. But is not why we're here. We're here for support we're here for information not to be criticised or admonished.

I am very sorry that you're going through this I will say a prayer for you. I pray things get approved quickly

J

Thank you for your prayers. We all have to stick together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.