_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We got approved last thursday-03/19, the IO gave us an Approval Notification (hand delivered at time of interview). :)On the way home, Uscis updated for I-485 and I-130

"Welcome Notice Was Mailed

On March 19, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSC1. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by May 18, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

"Case Was Approved

On March 19, 2015, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number MSC1. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Then the cases status remains the same since, no CPO or tracking number:(.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

We got approved last thursday-03/19, the IO gave us an Approval Notification (hand delivered at time of interview). :)On the way home, Uscis updated for I-485 and I-130

"Welcome Notice Was Mailed

On March 19, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSC1. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by May 18, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

"Case Was Approved

On March 19, 2015, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number MSC1. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Then the cases status remains the same since, no CPO or tracking number:(.

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

does anybody has her/his interview in the next week or so? or did anybody had their interview recently and can tell us about it? We are going to have ours and we keep thinking that we don't have enough papers...

Going crazy :-s

thank you

We have our interview on April 22. We don't have too many papers either. We don't have shared rental agreements because we live in a house owned by our boss so I never had to sign anything. We don't have shared utility bills because I barely make money right now. No shared taxes since I didn't work last year.

We have a shared savings account, I am a authorized user on his credit and best by card, joint car insurance and I am on his phone Bill. And of course tons of pictures. I let our boss and landlord and a good friend of us write a affidavit about knowing us as a couple.. But that's basically what we have..

does anybody has her/his interview in the next week or so? or did anybody had their interview recently and can tell us about it? We are going to have ours and we keep thinking that we don't have enough papers...

Going crazy :-s

thank you

We had our interview yesterday. we got approved after 5 minutes ,they asked us just 3 questions . We had about 70 pictures ( they took all of them) , showed them our wedding album , bank statements for last 3 months, comed and comcast bills on both names , our cats papers on both names phone bill with both numbers , dental and health insurance on both names , my surgery bill with both names on it , my husband life insurance with my beneficiary name , tax return with both names ( didn't look at it and they didn't take it ) etc so after 5 minutes they said we don't see a problem with your case , you will get a green card in 2 weeks .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Big congrats to all those who got approved recently and I wish all the best to those having their interview coming up next week!

We have our K1 AOS coming up in less than 10 days and will like to have more clarification on some documents they ask us to bring.

1. Tax returns and W-2's or Certified IRS printouts for the most recent year

We file our tax online using the Tax Preparation Software TurboTax and have a copy of the tax return after completing the process, can that be presented during the Interview?

2. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status

Which documentation is accepted?

3. If you have children bring Birth Certificate of your children

They asked this and also birth certificates of children from our marriage. What if I do not have the best certificate of my child i got prior to this marriage?

4. custody papers for your children and your spouse children who are not leaving with you

This is the most difficult one because we do not have any custody paper for my child. I think custody papers come into play after a divorce but there wasn't any divorce between me and the father of my child since we were never married. What should we do here.

5. Divorce decree

The divorce decree of my spouse is a photocopy and we could not find the original. Will that be accepted?

Thanks once again!

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Date Filed : 2014-09-16

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Filed: Other Timeline

hi Le Bangoulap

We just got approved this week, I will answer to the questions according to my type of case

We file our tax online also and they accepted it. No problem there. Lots of people are doing the same thing. USCIS doesn't care were you are doing your tax as long as you are doing it.

2. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status

For the petitioner: birth certificate, ID, driver license, (or others if type of document that establish he/she as a Lawful Permanent Resident Status if the petitioner was not born in USA), social security number, green card

For the beneficiary: driver license, ID, EAD, marriage certificate, social security number

We don't have children so I can't answer this but usually they need copy's of original birth certificate because they need it for their file. Try calling USCIS and ask them, they can answer all your questions.

4. custody papers for your children and your spouse children who are not leaving with you

Also call USCIS.

5. Divorce decree

Haven't been divorced so I don't know for sure but like I said they usually need a copy for their file. But call USCIS for all these questions to be 100% sure.

Sorry couldn't help you more. Hope everything goes well for you and your family.

Good luck.

Edited by Dree

Timeline

hi Le Bangoulap

We just got approved this week, I will answer to the questions according to my type of case

We file our tax online also and they accepted it. No problem there. Lots of people are doing the same thing. USCIS doesn't care were you are doing your tax as long as you are doing it.

For the petitioner: birth certificate, ID, driver license, (or others if type of document that establish he/she as a Lawful Permanent Resident Status if the petitioner was not born in USA), social security number, green card

For the beneficiary: driver license, ID, EAD, marriage certificate, social security number

We don't have children so I can't answer this but usually they need copy's of original birth certificate because they need it for their file. Try calling USCIS and ask them, they can answer all your questions.

Also call USCIS.

5. Divorce decree

Haven't been divorced so I don't know for sure but like I said they usually need a copy for their file. But call USCIS for all these questions to be 100% sure.

Sorry couldn't help you more. Hope everything goes well for you and your family.

Good luck.

Thank you Dree, I hope other members will give me more lights on those you couldn't.

Thanks once again!

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hey guys, my husband and I had our interview today at Holtsville, NY (Long Island Field Office).

Our interview was scheduled at 9:40am and we arrived at about 9:33am. We went through security within a few minutes then were directed to an area (sign in/ reception area,i guess) where our interview letter would be requested before we proceeded to sit and wait for our name to be called by the Immigration Officer. No IDs were checked at either the security area or the reception area. There were two doors where officers were coming out to call their next interviewees (labeled ‘A’ and ‘B’). We waited maybe 50 minutes before we could be called in by the Immigration Officer (through door ‘A’). She was a lady maybe early to mid 30s in age. She seemed really pleasant as she expressed her delight in meeting us. She proceeded to leading us all the way to the back of the hallway area where her office was located.

She started by swearing us in then requesting my husband’s ID and my passport used to enter the US. She then asked my husband for his proof of citizenship (i handed her both his original Birth Certificate and U.S. Passport).

She went on to request additional proof of our bonafide marriage (specifies examples such as leases, joint accounts and insurances). While I was gathering those documents [we had a thick binder full of evidence even after submitting some with the original application], she began to question my spouse, although she stated that either one of us could respond to the questions.

IO: How did you two meet?

Sp: Dating App

IO: How long after meeting did you get married?

Sp: 1 yr 2 months

IO: Who was present at the wedding?

Me: Do you want me to tell you their names?

IO: No. Friends? Family?

Me: Friends

IO: Did you guys go out afterwards? … to a restaurant?

Me: Yes. [named the restaurant]

IO [specifically to me]: Do you have family here?

Me: yes, aunt

IO:What type of visa did you use to enter the US?

Me: student

IO: Where are your parents?

Me: back in my home country

————

IO [directed to me]: I’m going to ask you a few questions. She asks me to verify my address, age, work place. Honestly, i first thought she was asking these questions to my spouse about me (thinking she wanted to see if my spouse knew these facts about me), but it was only a matter of verification for her. While I was responding to the question on the address, i guess I was responding little too slowly so she completed my address by saying the city and zip code while i nodded in agreement. Afterwards, she went through the yes/no questions on the form I-485.

IO asks to see the photo album and quickly flips through it once i handed it to her.

IO asks us to select two pics from our photo album which shows both of our faces while she does stuff on her iPhone.

——

IO asks for recently filed taxes. She asks if we had any copies of it. We didn’t so she said that she won’t keep it but make a note that she saw it. She then went on to say that she had to wait for my background check to be updated on the system. We were told that although the background check was done before, it needs to be updated and that we were approved and our case status should be updated either this afternoon or the next morning once she gets the updated background check. We were told that we would receive the welcome letter within a week and the green card in two weeks. At this point we smiled and she asked if we had any questions. We didn’t so she was up and ready to usher us back out.

Observations:

-We were not asked any questions about one another.

-She didn’t look at the evidence that we gave her but quickly punched holes in there and placed them in our file.

-She gave us back the joint phone bill we gave her as evidence since she didn’t want anymore evidence at that point.

-Our interview lasted less than ten mins.

-There were more than a few questions asked but everything was speedily done. I think, as many have stated, the IOs make up their mind about the approval of a case even before the actual interview. We got the card production text message about two hours after the interview was completed.

P.S. sorry for the long post.

Timeline

Hey guys, my husband and I had our interview today at Holtsville, NY (Long Island Field Office).

Our interview was scheduled at 9:40am and we arrived at about 9:33am. We went through security within a few minutes then were directed to an area (sign in/ reception area,i guess) where our interview letter would be requested before we proceeded to sit and wait for our name to be called by the Immigration Officer. No IDs were checked at either the security area or the reception area. There were two doors where officers were coming out to call their next interviewees (labeled ‘A’ and ‘B’). We waited maybe 50 minutes before we could be called in by the Immigration Officer (through door ‘A’). She was a lady maybe early to mid 30s in age. She seemed really pleasant as she expressed her delight in meeting us. She proceeded to leading us all the way to the back of the hallway area where her office was located.

She started by swearing us in then requesting my husband’s ID and my passport used to enter the US. She then asked my husband for his proof of citizenship (i handed her both his original Birth Certificate and U.S. Passport).

She went on to request additional proof of our bonafide marriage (specifies examples such as leases, joint accounts and insurances). While I was gathering those documents [we had a thick binder full of evidence even after submitting some with the original application], she began to question my spouse, although she stated that either one of us could respond to the questions.

————

IO [directed to me]: I’m going to ask you a few questions. She asks me to verify my address, age, work place. Honestly, i first thought she was asking these questions to my spouse about me (thinking she wanted to see if my spouse knew these facts about me), but it was only a matter of verification for her. While I was responding to the question on the address, i guess I was responding little too slowly so she completed my address by saying the city and zip code while i nodded in agreement. Afterwards, she went through the yes/no questions on the form I-485.

IO asks to see the photo album and quickly flips through it once i handed it to her.

IO asks us to select two pics from our photo album which shows both of our faces while she does stuff on her iPhone.

——

IO asks for recently filed taxes. She asks if we had any copies of it. We didn’t so she said that she won’t keep it but make a note that she saw it. She then went on to say that she had to wait for my background check to be updated on the system. We were told that although the background check was done before, it needs to be updated and that we were approved and our case status should be updated either this afternoon or the next morning once she gets the updated background check. We were told that we would receive the welcome letter within a week and the green card in two weeks. At this point we smiled and she asked if we had any questions. We didn’t so she was up and ready to usher us back out.

Observations:

-She didn’t look at the evidence that we gave her but quickly punched holes in there and placed them in our file.

-She gave us back the joint phone bill we gave her as evidence since she didn’t want anymore evidence at that point.

-There were more than a few questions asked but everything was speedily done. I think, as many have stated, the IOs make up their mind about the approval of a case even before the actual interview. We got the card production text message about two hours after the interview was completed.

Congrats!!! Ours is in one week from now!

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Timeline

We have our interview on April 22. We don't have too many papers either. We don't have shared rental agreements because we live in a house owned by our boss so I never had to sign anything. We don't have shared utility bills because I barely make money right now. No shared taxes since I didn't work last year.

We have a shared savings account, I am a authorized user on his credit and best by card, joint car insurance and I am on his phone Bill. And of course tons of pictures. I let our boss and landlord and a good friend of us write a affidavit about knowing us as a couple.. But that's basically what we have..

@misdynamite,

I wish success during your forthcoming Interview......I Can't wait to here the good news from you after your interview....Since we have the same local ofice I will be grateful if you could share the details of your interview...

Once again I wish you guys all the best!

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

————

——

Observations:

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@misdynamite,

I wish success during your forthcoming Interview......I Can't wait to here the good news from you after your interview....Since we have the same local ofice I will be grateful if you could share the details of your interview...

Once again I wish you guys all the best!

Thank you very much. I will definitely post my experience when we are done with this. I'm sure nervous about it but also know that we have nothing to hide since we are truly in love and not trying to trick anyone.

But hopefully that IO is going to be a pleasant person that doesn't make this a scary experience :) will let you know.

And congratulations to those that already succeeded this process. Very happy for you.

Those who are still waiting: hang in there. It will be over eventually!!

Edited by msdynamite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.