Lexis300

N-400 Sept filers

550 posts in this topic

Updating. NOA received.

N-400: September 2014 Applicants

======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|ChkCashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office
Freyja........|12/10/09|09/02|--/--/14|09/13|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Charlotte, NC

Claytlin......|08/22/11|09/02|09/08/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Jacksonville, FL

IARP..........|11/30/09|--/--|09/05/14|09/11|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Buffalo, NY

Willow6.......|07/28/11|09/03|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Cleveland, TN

kks25.........|08/11/09|09/02|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|ChkCashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office
Lollo.........|12/02/11|09/04|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Sacramento, CA

Caramella.....|12/02/11|09/04|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA

Nonchalante...|09/19/11|09/04|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|St. Louis, MO

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|ChkCashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office
Name .........|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Field Office, State

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
6. Make changes and Add Reply.
7. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:

GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
ChkCashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting

In Line: Date you received e-notification about your interview date

Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Intview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

08/07/2008 Engaged

K-1 Timeline
01/20/2009 I-129F sent
06/05/2009 Visa received

07/21/2009 POE: Newark
08/08/2009 Wedding

AOS Timeline
09/09/2009 AOS/EAD/AP sent
10/02/2009 Case transferred to CSC
10/16/2009 AP approved
10/24/2009 Biometrics appointment, New Rochelle NY
10/26/2009 EAD approved
12/10/2009 AOS approved
12/21/2009 Green card received

Lifting Conditions
09/10/2011 I-751 sent
09/12/2011 NOA
10/03/2011 Biometrics appointment, Tucson AZ
01/30/2012 ROC approved
02/04/2012 10yr GC received

Naturalization

09/02/2014 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX

10/03/2014 Biometrics appointment, Charlotte NC

12/08/2014 Interview letter received

01/12/2015 Interview

01/13/2015 Oath Ceremony

SHFYm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|ChkCashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office
Freyja........|12/10/09|09/02|--/--/14|09/13|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Charlotte, NC

Claytlin......|08/22/11|09/02|09/08/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Jacksonville, FL

IARP..........|11/30/09|--/--|09/05/14|09/11|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Buffalo, NY

Willow6.......|07/28/11|09/03|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Cleveland, TN

kks25.........|08/11/09|09/02|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA

marco7........|11/11/11|09/13|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Memphis, TN

Lollo.........|12/02/11|09/04|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Sacramento, CA

Caramella.....|12/02/11|09/04|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA

Nonchalante...|09/19/11|09/04|09/11/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|St. Louis, MO

Name .........|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Field Office, State

Legend:

NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Today I received the notice says : ( upon receipt of all required record checks, you will be schedule to appear for an interview at your local USCIS field office.)

But the problem that I noticed it here in this notice that they wrote my last name wrong, should I contact them to correct it?

Please any advice.

Thank you

Filed: Timeline

Today I received the notice says : ( upon receipt of all required record checks, you will be schedule to appear for an interview at your local USCIS field office.)

But the problem that I noticed it here in this notice that they wrote my last name wrong, should I contact them to correct it?

Please any advice.

Thank you

Call 1800 375 5283.

To get a hold of a human press 1 then press 1 again then press 2.

First person who answers your call tell him/her you need to speak with a level 2 immigration officer.

They will put you on hold ( the wait is long ) but you can chose to leave your name and case # and they will call you back.

Make sure they send you some kind of a confirmation letter or email that they did correct the mistake.

Good luck.

Edited by FaZz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I called them, so now I have to wait btw 15 days to 30 days to get another notice with correction my last name.

Thx friends for your help.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and about to file my N-400 this week after being a permanent resident for over two decades. Very excited and glad to have stumbled across this support group :)

Here's my question: The N-400 application asks for a 5 year travel history, but on the USCIS website there is a PDF called "Naturalization Requirements Information". It states:

"Have you traveled outside the United States since becoming a permanent resident?
If yes, you need to show all foreign travel from the date you became a permanent resident. Even if you have not traveled outside the United States since becoming a permanent resident, you should bring all of your valid and expired passports and any travel documents issued by USCIS to your naturalization interview. If you do not bring your passport(s) and other documents to your interview, your case could be delayed."
There's a big difference between listing 5 years vs. 20 years of travel history... does anyone know if the PDF is simply outdated? Would it be sufficient to bring my expired passports?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and about to file my N-400 this week after being a permanent resident for over two decades. Very excited and glad to have stumbled across this support group :)

Here's my question: The N-400 application asks for a 5 year travel history, but on the USCIS website there is a PDF called "Naturalization Requirements Information". It states:

"Have you traveled outside the United States since becoming a permanent resident?

If yes, you need to show all foreign travel from the date you became a permanent resident. Even if you have not traveled outside the United States since becoming a permanent resident, you should bring all of your valid and expired passports and any travel documents issued by USCIS to your naturalization interview. If you do not bring your passport(s) and other documents to your interview, your case could be delayed."

There's a big difference between listing 5 years vs. 20 years of travel history... does anyone know if the PDF is simply outdated? Would it be sufficient to bring my expired passports?

What the PDF says is valid, but should not affect how you fill out your n400 application. The application specifically asks for travel in the last five years, so that's what you should stick to.

What the PDF is referring to is the fact that USCIS can ask about your travel in those other 15 years in the unlikely event that they have reason to suspect that you may have abandoned your green card in the past.

For example, if you got your green card 20 years ago, then moved to Germany and lived there for 12 years without ever returning to the US, then you came back to the US 8 years ago, you should have been denied entry because you clearly abandoned your green card. However, there are cases where the border agent let's you in anyway. This does not mean that USCIS cannot go back now and say "no, you lost your green card a long time ago and you shouldn't even be here". So that's why the PDF talks about travel since you became a permanent resident.

But on your application, just list travel for the last five years.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA Update!

kks25.........|08/11/09|09/02|09/11/14|09/16|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA

marco7........|11/11/11|09/13|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Memphis, TN

Legend:

09/02/14 Sent n400 to Dallas, TX Lockbox

09/10/14 Email notice application accepted

09/11/14 Check cashed

09/19/14 Fingerprint notice

09/23/14 Fingerprint Walk-In (Atl, GA)

09/23/14 Received Yellow Letter

10/14/14 In line for Interview

02/09/15 Interview letter rec'd

03/09/15 Interview

07/06/2015 Received Oath Letter

08/14/2015 Oath Ceremony!!! :goofy::dancing:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

What the PDF says is valid, but should not affect how you fill out your n400 application. The application specifically asks for travel in the last five years, so that's what you should stick to.

What the PDF is referring to is the fact that USCIS can ask about your travel in those other 15 years in the unlikely event that they have reason to suspect that you may have abandoned your green card in the past.

For example, if you got your green card 20 years ago, then moved to Germany and lived there for 12 years without ever returning to the US, then you came back to the US 8 years ago, you should have been denied entry because you clearly abandoned your green card. However, there are cases where the border agent let's you in anyway. This does not mean that USCIS cannot go back now and say "no, you lost your green card a long time ago and you shouldn't even be here". So that's why the PDF talks about travel since you became a permanent resident.

But on your application, just list travel for the last five years.

Thanks Jimmy, that's very helpful and makes sense. Looks like my application is ready to go then.... so exciting :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Minor reformat!

kks25.........|08/11/09|09/02|09/11/14|09/16|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA

Legend:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

kzielu........|11/21/11|09/11|09/16/14|09/15|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Cincinnati, OH

Legend:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Freyja........|12/10/09|09/02|??/??/14|09/13|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Charlotte, NC

IARP..........|11/30/09|??/??|09/05/14|09/11|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Buffalo, NY

Lollo.........|12/02/11|09/04|09/17/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Sacramento, CA

kzielu........|11/21/11|09/11|09/16/14|09/15|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Cincinnati, OH

Legend:

Adding my info

Can Sept filers take a look at July filers thread to see the timeline table! Seem very much better... with a lot of very good details for tracking. I'm suggesting we use their format. What do you think? Sept filers.

Freyja........|12/10/09|09/02|??/??/14|09/13|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Charlotte, NC

IARP..........|11/30/09|??/??|09/05/14|09/11|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Buffalo, NY

kongo.........|12/15/11|09/13|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston, TX

Lollo.........|12/02/11|09/04|09/17/14|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Sacramento, CA

Legend:

N-400

Field Office: Houston, TX.

09-13-2014: Application Sent
09-16-2014: Application Delivered

09-18-2014: Notice Date
09-24-2014: I-797 in the Mail
xx-xx-2014: Biometrics Notification via Text and Email
10-04-2014: Biometrics Letter In the Mail
10-17-2014: Biometrics Appointment Date (Walk-in: 10-10-14)
11-01-2014: Yellow Letter Received (Dated: 10-29-14)
11-17-2014: SMS and Email about in-line for Interview

03-13-2015: SMS and Email about Interview

03-18-2015: Interview Letter Received (Dated: 03-13-15)

04-21-2015: Interview

05-08-2015: SMS and Email about in-line for Oath Ceremony

06-03-2015: SMS and Email about Oath Ceremony

06-08-2015: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (Dated: 06-03-2015)
06-24-2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

kongo.........|12/15/11|09/13|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston, TX

Wizzle.........|12/12/11|09/18|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Indianapolis, IN

Legend:

Edited by Wizzle

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Minor edit!

Wizzle........|12/12/11|09/18|--/--/--|--/--|--/--/14|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Indianapolis, IN

Legend:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.