1voice1life

I-130 September 2014 filers

465 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

for the most part, everyone should be starting their NVC process. Have you thought about proving domicile as part of the process? When I spoke to the NVC officer, I asked about it, and he kind of brushed it off as being simple, basically having a US address. Now, reading up about it, I'm getting freaked out. There have been cases of visas being denied due to insufficient domicile proof. Our plan is for me to go back to the US a couple months before, but we will be sending in our IV and AOS packets before that, so I should include proof of intent of re-establishing domicile. I have bank accounts in the US, my address where I lived (my parents reside there), a valid driver's license, and voter's registration (though I stupidly didn't vote in the midterm elections). I don't have a job offer, which is kind of difficult to get living on another continent and all, though I am looking for open positions. And I certainly won't be getting an apartment before my husband arrives and I'm employed. I wonder if purchasing a ticket would show intent to move back to the US? I strangely haven't seen that anywhere as potential proof...?

Is anyone else having concerns about the domicile? Do you know of cases where domicile wasn't a problem for the visa with the USC living abroad?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

My wife also has to prove/establish US domicile:

With AOS we will send next documents hoping they will satisfy needs.....

• Copy of California drivers license showing permanent US address
  • Copy of US Passport, biometric page
  • Copy of Social Security card
  • Copy of US Bank statement showing permanent US address
  • Copy of Voter notification card showing permanent US address
  • Copies of last tax transcripts
  • Copy of US school registration for her son
  • Real estate agent statement the she is selling her real estate in Croatia

I think that consul in Sarajevo or in my case in Ljubljana won't be so strict about this question.

Our biggest concern now is meeting household size requirements with assets :/

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Soooo, I'm curious. Has anyone who's filed in September 2014 who isn't living with their spouse abroad, and isn't from an auto-expedite country received their NOA2s yet?

Hello! I filed September 3rd at the VSC. Received my NOA1 and then an email on 9/30 stating the alien registration number changed. As of today, no approval yet. My luck sucks. Congrats to all the September filers who were approved. Count your blessings!

My wife also has to prove/establish US domicile:

With AOS we will send next documents hoping they will satisfy needs.....

• Copy of California drivers license showing permanent US address
  • Copy of US Passport, biometric page
  • Copy of Social Security card
  • Copy of US Bank statement showing permanent US address
  • Copy of Voter notification card showing permanent US address
  • Copies of last tax transcripts
  • Copy of US school registration for her son
  • Real estate agent statement the she is selling her real estate in Croatia

I think that consul in Sarajevo or in my case in Ljubljana won't be so strict about this question.

Our biggest concern now is meeting household size requirements with assets :/

I think the school enrollment and selling real estate constitutes real intent to move to the US, so you should be good there. We don't have kids, don't have real estate (we live in my family's house here, rent-free). I hope that our consuls won't be as strict, most people that I've read had trouble are from Canada, and I can kind of see that, neighboring countries... Did your wife vote in the midterm elections @Frips? I have a voter's card and I found a website that shows I'm a registered voter, I just didn't vote... I really hope that me actually moving back and having a passport stamp showing entry into the country is considered "reestablishing domicile."

Timeline

She actually got voters bulletin by mail, but she forgot to send it back:) so....she didn't vote:)

N-400 Timeline
04/22/19 Biometrics

ROC Timeline

NVC

05-20-2015 Visa received

Timeline

If you are planning to go back before your husband gets his visa, maybe he can bring some additional proof to his interview if will be necessary....

N-400 Timeline
04/22/19 Biometrics

ROC Timeline

NVC

05-20-2015 Visa received

Soooo, I'm curious. Has anyone who's filed in September 2014 who isn't living with their spouse abroad, and isn't from an auto-expedite country received their NOA2s yet?

Our timelines are nearly identical :yes: My husband is Canadian, we're moving to NC, and we got our NOA1s 6 days apart, so our estimates are nearly the same!

No NOA2 yet, but I've been gathering stuff for the NVC stage so I can just submit it all ASAP.

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I are in the same boat too! He's in Mexico and I'm in AZ. Our priority date is September 2nd. Our case is at the Texas service center and our projected estimated noa2s are for the end of January. We'll see. I can't wait for the next step!

Edited by Ryan H
ROC Timeline
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

If you are planning to go back before your husband gets his visa, maybe he can bring some additional proof to his interview if will be necessary....

that's what I'm hoping, that me physically being there will be enough. I'll save ticket stubs and all that. But strangely, I haven't seen that anywhere as 'evidence' of re-establishing domicile, which confuseeeeees me... Pray and hope for the best :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! I filed September 3rd at the VSC. Received my NOA1 and then an email on 9/30 stating the alien registration number changed. As of today, no approval yet. My luck sucks. Congrats to all the September filers who were approved. Count your blessings!

I don't think it's bad/sucky luck. I know it's way too early for us regular route people to have received an NOA2 yet but I was curious/still hoping lol. So don't dismay, our time will come... in what will feel like forever. :P

Our timelines are nearly identical :yes: My husband is Canadian, we're moving to NC, and we got our NOA1s 6 days apart, so our estimates are nearly the same!

No NOA2 yet, but I've been gathering stuff for the NVC stage so I can just submit it all ASAP.

Oh wow! We'll have to keep each other informed then. The coincidences are hilarious. Where in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto and there was a bit of culture shock when I went to visit him for the first time in a rural town in SC.

My husband and I are in the same boat too! He's in Mexico and I'm in AZ. Our priority date is September 2nd. Our case is at the Texas service center and our projected estimated noa2s are for the end of January. We'll see. I can't wait for the next step!

Hopefully the estimated timelines don't change anymore. Ours was projected for mid December about a month ago and has been extended 3 times now to end of January.

We received my approval in less than a month, my husband is in the military and currently deployed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Got an email today saying our case number was assigned Oct. 30. Case is listed as "ready" on the CEAC website, so we should be getting our instruction letter today or within the next couple of days. :) I'm guessing this means we can fill out his DS-260 already, even without the instruction letter?

Edited by Stressed Out

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Hi September filers. I've mailed our I-130 forms on September 19th. USCIS received docs on Sept 23rd. I've received a text msg from USCIS on Sept 25th. Received the official I-797 ( I guess this is the NOA1 everyone is referring to) on Sept 29th. I live in California so sent forms to Phoenix, AZ and our docs were sent from there to Nebraska Service Center. My spouse lives abroad and I am a US citizen. Happy for those of you who filed from abroad and got approvals in couple of weeks. From all the blog posts that I've read, I get the impression that Nebraska is one of the slowest to process these types of applications, not to mention they have the most applications about 96K, where CA is at about 13K applications. Anyone out there who got approved from Nebraska in less than 5 months? That is the current estimated processing time.

Sorry for the long post, it is my first time here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi September filers. I've mailed our I-130 forms on September 19th. USCIS received docs on Sept 23rd. I've received a text msg from USCIS on Sept 25th. Received the official I-797 ( I guess this is the NOA1 everyone is referring to) on Sept 29th. I live in California so sent forms to Phoenix, AZ and our docs were sent from there to Nebraska Service Center. My spouse lives abroad and I am a US citizen. Happy for those of you who filed from abroad and got approvals in couple of weeks. From all the blog posts that I've read, I get the impression that Nebraska is one of the slowest to process these types of applications, not to mention they have the most applications about 96K, where CA is at about 13K applications. Anyone out there who got approved from Nebraska in less than 5 months? That is the current estimated processing time.

Sorry for the long post, it is my first time here.

Hope someone can answer your question but I'm wishing you good luck for a speedy journey. Most of us September filers got lucky and hope you get lucky too. ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.