nsolo

August 2014 filers

184 posts in this topic

It means they are doing background checks on the petitioner or about to do it.

When using a PC, place your mouse cursor over the initial button. It tells you what

is being done at that stage. When using smart phone, press on that button. It shows

you the same information.

What does initial review means ??

And also what are the things they ask on request of evidence

You are doing IR1/CR1 visa, right? As far as I know, those take a while to process compare to K1 people who are on here. On top of that TSC usually takes longer than CSC.

Well today is Day 60 for us. No update yet. Happy for those who've made it to round 2 already. Come on TSC take off the breaks. I had no idea some would get there so fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

we received NOA1 on august 26, 2014 through text and email. its say that we were suppose to get a hard copy but never got it. should we worry? we did check the receipt number about our status on the USCIS website and it reads....

your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Hopefully its still good to go.

did you guys get your NOA1 hard copy soon after the text or email? thanks

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-19

I-129F NOA1: 2014-08-26 Never received the hard copy...

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 2014-11-01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello,

we received NOA1 on august 26, 2014 through text and email. its say that we were suppose to get a hard copy but never got it. should we worry? we did check the receipt number about our status on the USCIS website and it reads....

your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Hi cloud9gt,

We have the same NOA1 date. We also didn't get the hardcopy within the given timeframe.

So my fiancé called USCIS and the representative told him that the notification is wrong, it should be up to 30 business days.

Well, those days have passed and we still didn't get the hardcopy. That didn't keep us from getting the RFE notification (text message). Now curious to see if we get the hardcopy. If we don't by the end of next week, my fiancé will have to call them again to check if they have the correct address on file.

You may want to create an account on USCIS website to get their future notifications (text message and/or email).

Hope it helps.

Edited by annem

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You are doing IR1/CR1 visa, right? As far as I know, those take a while to process compare to K1 people who are on here. On top of that TSC usually takes longer than CSC.

Yes I know it seems to take longer and that's why I'm not holding my breath. It's bothersome but it's part of my life. Wishing the best to all.

Timeline

Hi cloud9gt,

We have the same NOA1 date. We also didn't get the hardcopy within the given timeframe.

So my fiancé called USCIS and the representative told him that the notification is wrong, it should be up to 30 business days.

Well, those days have passed and we still didn't get the hardcopy. That didn't keep us from getting the RFE notification (text message). Now curious to see if we get the hardcopy. If we don't by the end of next week, my fiancé will have to call them again to check if they have the correct address on file.

You may want to create an account on USCIS website to get their future notifications (text message and/or email).

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply annem....

I have heard that the hard copy is not really that importan but the NOA2 is though. I hear that as long as we get a receipt number and its in the USCIS site then it should be ok. I just hope we get an NOA2 sometime this month if it goes smoothly.

Good luck to us all. This is where God tests out our patience.

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

Hello all! We are also August Filers, 8/27 to be exact and CSC Service Center. We received NOA 1 on September 3rd and our petition got approved on October 3rd. Received hard copy of NOA 2 on Oct 6. And last Friday we called NVC to check if we already have our case # for USEM-Manila but they said it will take 30 days for them to get it from USCIS. Mind you, it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to talk to someone. I got hunged up 2 times! And today, we called NVC again and said it will take 5 to 6 weeks till they get the files from USCIS. I guess, we'll just have to wait.

Edited by bobkats

Timeline

Hello all! We are also August Filers, 8/27 to be exact and CSC Service Center. We received NOA 1 on September 3rd and our petition got approved on October 3rd. Received hard copy of NOA 2 on Oct 6. And last Friday we called NVC to check if we already have our case # for USEM-Manila but they said it will take 30 days for them to get it from USCIS. Mind you, it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to talk to someone. I got hunged up 2 times! And today, we called NVC again and said it will take 5 to 6 weeks till they get the files from USCIS. I guess, we'll just have to wait.

WOW!!! that was fast!!! congrats!!! hope the rest of us gets our NOA2 soon too.

For my NOA1, I received text msg and e-mail on Aug 11th. And a hard copy was in my mailbox on Aug 15th.

Hello,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello VJ members
im too august filer
hope the best for all of you
i have a question about our petition I-129F
we requested on the 8th september an expedite in USCIS stage for financial and medical loss
on the 13th same mounth we got email to send them proof
scaned and sent proof same day
calling uscis every week for information and nothing
after a week nothing, 2 week nothing ,3 week nothing till now
we get congressman involved on the 22th september and nothing
today is most 30 days
today congressman office inform us that our request will be in local office baltimore field office
i dont kow what that mean and we didnt get the email or update on uscis check what he just told us
so anyone have idea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.