Maxzim

No Reason Denial. URGENT HELP.

123 posts in this topic

is she from azerbaijan and studied in russia for 6yrs? if that so all i can think of is she needs to get a police clearance from russia so that they know that she didnt have any criminal records while shes there. cuz i read something like that before here in this forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

i would say they think its fraud because you anf your fam knows hers. my husband was almost denied because his last name is same as my mom and in his country that could mean you are related whether its blood or not so they didnt beleive us. they didnt deny us but ask for more info (221g) and called to talk to his uncle and my mom in the US. they even called to interview me. i know they didnt believe that we werent related because thats what they pretty much asked everyone they called to talk to. one thing im glad was that they took the effort to try to catch us ina lie only to find that there wasnt any lies andso we were approved instead of instantly denying us.

what im trying to say is that being anyway related or just knowing each other for a long time, or family being family friends is something that will make them suspect that the relationship is fake. i dont think its any other reason cuz if you guys were missing info they would just 221g you for more info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

is she from azerbaijan and studied in russia for 6yrs? if that so all i can think of is she needs to get a police clearance from russia so that they know that she didnt have any criminal records while shes there. cuz i read something like that before here in this forum.

If so, they would just ask for additional info and promise to issue the visa upon submitting that. And she did have that police clearance from Russia.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Georgia

Marriage: 2015-01-11

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-10 - sent from abroad, auto-expedite

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-07-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-08-13 (30 days)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received by NVC: 2015-09-02 (in 20 days after the approval) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

Case # assigned: 2015-09-10 (in 8 days after the case was received) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

DS-261 filled: 2015-09-14

AoS fee paid: 2015-09-15

DS-261 reviewed over the phone:2015-09-17

Agent registration email: 2015-09-18

IV fee available: 2015-09-18

IV fee paid: 2015-09-22

IV fee showed paid: 2015-09-23 right before the end of the working day at NVC - at almost midnight EST.

AoS and IV package received: 2015-09-23

DS-260 filled out 2015-09-24

Scan date: 2015-09-24

Now let's get some patience for 3 weeks and hope CC will come without any delays :luv:

Case complete: 2015-10-21 (27 days)

Interview date issued: 2015-10-23

Received by the embassy: 2015-11-12

Interview date: 2015-12-02 (Request to reschedule for the earlier time denied.)

Approved!!!

Visa issued: 2015-12-07

Visa in hand: 2015-12-07

US entry: 2015-12-11

Social Security card arrived only after the visit to SS office, on 01/20

Green Card arrived: 2016-01-27

From NOA-1 to the interview - 141 days (4 months and 18 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

i would say they think its fraud because you anf your fam knows hers. my husband was almost denied because his last name is same as my mom and in his country that could mean you are related whether its blood or not so they didnt beleive us. they didnt deny us but ask for more info (221g) and called to talk to his uncle and my mom in the US. they even called to interview me. i know they didnt believe that we werent related because thats what they pretty much asked everyone they called to talk to. one thing im glad was that they took the effort to try to catch us ina lie only to find that there wasnt any lies andso we were approved instead of instantly denying us.

what im trying to say is that being anyway related or just knowing each other for a long time, or family being family friends is something that will make them suspect that the relationship is fake. i dont think its any other reason cuz if you guys were missing info they would just 221g you for more info.

That's crazy logic considering that they pretty much require parents' and realtives' approval of your relationship and advice to have pictures with relatives and family together..... If that is the real reason I really don't know what to say. I did mention in bunch of letters that we weren't best friends between 5 years old and when we met online again. And I had a couple love letters where she states something like "after I met you my life changed" which makes it clear that I didn't change her life at the age of 5..... ugh... The purpose of mentionish that we knew each other when we were kids and our parents new each other was to show that she is from a good family and wouldn't have intent to fraud..... If they really might deny bcause of that, they may deny for everything.. "Oh, you guys love each other too mcuh and don't see reality because you are so in love!" - would be a great reason to deny too.. What the hey?:(

Anyone could share info what are the real timeframes for K3, CR1s right now? I live in Iowa, so for K1 I went automatically to CSC. Is it the same logic for K3 or no?(Better not be, some of the stats I saw, Cali is one of the longest wait time:()

Thanks everyone for input, suggestions and support. I appreciate it.

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

5/21/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date CSC

5/22/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

5/29/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:
6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

7/8/2014 - US Embassy of Georgia has received the package

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

8/20/2014 - Interview date - DENIED. :blink:

9/29/2014 - Mirracle :energy:

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

11/13/2014 - US Entry!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

======================================================

11/24/2014 - SSN Received

12/12/2014 - Getting Married (L)

12/27/2014 - AOS Package sent

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

3/10/2014 - EAD has been processed

:jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

when was the last time you seen each other? not sure if you answered that question already ..sorry if you did :)

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Timeline

when was the last time you seen each other? not sure if you answered that question already ..sorry if you did :)

September/august 2013

April 2014.

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

K-3s are largely obsolete. Timelines for IR1/CR1 appear to be running around a year, but you shouldn't pull your K-1 and get married and go through the IR1/CR1 route without knowing precisely why she was denied.

Timeline

K-3s are largely obsolete. Timelines for IR1/CR1 appear to be running around a year, but you shouldn't pull your K-1 and get married and go through the IR1/CR1 route without knowing precisely why she was denied.

Why? So far, most of the opinions here come to that they didn't believe our relationship. What is a better way to prove the relationship than celebration event of 200+ people of legalizing on paper your relationship(wedding)?

Just e-mailed Tbilisi and tried to ask how i could get possible reason. Will see what they respond with...

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

Max,

A lot of people are trying to help you, but you seem to reply with very confused answers. To be successful in this, you'll have to learn to think like a CO.

Having a wedding does NOT prove a relationship. A lot of fraud people get married, having a big party doesn't prove much, except that you are willing to spend a lot for immigration.

We still have not established that the family relationship is the reason for denial, either. It is a good guess, but you will need to go over the questions she was asked, every single one, to get a better idea.

Another possibility is that, as I suggested, she has been lying to you and she is really married, or she is a drug dealer, or she lied somewhere, or something like that. I doubt that is the reason, but it is good to be thorough in thinking through this. If that were the reason, they they could not tell you, the USC, about it, for privacy reasons.

And, it is not a procedural error like no police cert, it's not that she went to Russia once. Really.

I am not sure if you are still in shock, or if you never thought about this, or if you are not ready to pore over it. I and others have asked questions that have gone unanswered.

But going ahead with a marriage without properly addressing the reason for denial could lead to disaster. Getting married doesn't erase the problem.

But, whenever you are ready, people here will help you. Good luck.

I do appreciate people trying to help. And I do not see a question that was not answered. the only once that I didn't answer, my friend Sekhvaruli answered for me as she was closely following my process so she knows I do have Russian Police certificate.

Kristy lying to me is not an option. I didn't want to say this because that's what everybody says or wants to believe but I am 200% trust her. She sacrificed too many things in her life to be with me and to not tell me something like drugs or especially other Marriage. She sacrificed her career that was already alined up there and her entire family that she is very close with. Including a grandmother that raised Kristy that depends only on Kristy.

Here are some other details on interview:

Showed up, her name was not in the list for appointments. after security guy went inside and came back they let her in and after providing Appointment confirmation was put in the list manually. then she was asked to provide Birth certificate. Was taken Original and certified translation. police certificate form Azerbaijan. She offered from Russia too, they said yes and asked her if she lived in any other countries. She said no. then asked for her passport and for the COPY of her passport(weird?) then asked for medical folder, payment - provided. Then there was some confusion with Affidavit of support docs. the guy asked about it in a confusing way and my Kristy thought he was asking her bank information. Then she showed what she had and he said yes, that's what he needs. Then they asked her to wait. she waited 4 hours. about 15 people came in after her and left getting their visa before her. She was called to the window for the interview very last there and CO's face went form happy and smiley to very serious all the sudden(All other interviews that were there, CO was happy and joking and laughing).

Q&As

CO: Tell me about him?

Kristy: She said where I was born, where I live, that has known me since we were 5 and then didn't communicate until 2 years ago. talked about our parents knew each other. Then told her how much she loved me and that she has never loved anyone like that before and thought she would never love anybody like this.

CO: What does he do?

Kristy: She said where i worked and my Job Title.

CO:When and where have you met?

Kristy said dates and some details about each visit.

CO: What do you usually talk about on Skype?

Kristy: Everything. I have never trusted anybody to talk about everything. i tell him everything and he is the only person in my life I can share everything with. Last time we talked I told him about the trip to georgia in the train and my emotions about Tbilisi. ''Looked at her watch (where it has 2 screens. One for the local time and one for what time it is here in US. I gave her that for her birthday)" and said it is 4:30am right now there but he is not sleeping and waiting for me to call him when I leave here.

CO: Do you work?

Kristy: No. I just graduated.

CO: Where have you studied and what for?

Kristy, 4 years in Moscow for Philosophy and 2 years in Moscow for International Relation.

Then right after that question CO left somewhere and came back after about 5 minutes with - Unfortunately we cannot give you a visa. We will be sending your file back to USCIS. Kristy Asked why? Guy that was standing next to CO(Translator) stated that that's what CO decided. And then when Kristy was already in shock, broke in tears and didn't understand anything they told her to contact USCIS.

That's it...

In addition about CO, Kristy said it looked like Co wasn't interested in her answers or the case at all. she was typing something the entire interview and was given no feedback or any emotions about anything what so ever.

E-mailed to Tbilisi trying to figure out when they are sending the docs to USCIS and trying to figure out the reason. I don't think I will hear anything back but I tried anyway:(

is it worth wait for USCIS response? I mean, 120 days wait just to hear a reason? :( and 10 months for K3 or CR1. Guys. I don't know what to do. I am ready to just leave this country and move back to Azerbaijan. If i do that, how do I come back without a job here? with sponsor? Do I still pay taxes? I heard if you make less than 91k a year, you don't have to pay taxes but you still have to fill it out to prove. Is there anything else I need to know as a US citizen living in different country?

Ps:

I don't understand, how do you lie in this kind of pics?.... Ugh......

Pss

Before people start asking about the wedding that is mentioned in the pics description - it is a wedding we attended together. And ugh, several grammar mistakes there, just now noticed:( UGH.:(

post-186626-0-89707700-1408729246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxzim

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

OP, first of all, I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys. I hope it will get resolved soon but as others have stated, you need to find out why Kristy's visa was denied. Was she given any paper at the end of the interview? Did they give her her passport back?

I'm thinking there has to have been something that CO found in your file that wasn't adding up. Also, they have more information on you and her than you can think of. For example, at my interview, the CO asked me about my (then) finance's ex girlfriend(s) and if they had any property together (the did and I knew about it and what happened to it after they broke up). They knew that plus what job he has and how much he makes because the CO didn't even ask to see the I-134 or tax returns or w2. I even asked him if he wanted to see it, he said it was not needed for this type of visa. Also, the lady that took my fingerprints only took my DS-160, several photos and several e-mails and that's all that the CO saw. She did, however, ask me to tell her my (then) fiance's phone number in case they needed to contact him for whatever reason. They already had his phone number on file, but I'm sure she wanted to check if I knew it. So not only the stuff CO did or said matter, everything from entering the embassy to finishing the interview matters.

It could be something you and your fiancee aren't even aware of. Has she ever applied for a US visa? Has she ever been a member of any organizations? Did she know all the answers to the questions asked at the interview? Was there anything that the CO lingered on, asked more questions about? COs don't deny visas for no reason at all. There was something in your file that made her decide to deny that visa. Ask your fiancee to write down everything she remembers about the interview, what was asked and how she answered those questions. Maybe this will help her remember something that she may have forgotten due to stress.

I wish you all the best and keep us posted! Good luck!

Spoiler

My AOS journey

Date Filed : 2014-11-26

NOA Date : 2014-12-06

RFE: 2014-12-26 (Translation of my international BC)

Bio. Appt. : 2014-12-31

RFE response received by USCIS: 2015-01-06

EAD/AP approved: 2015-02-18

NPIW letter: 2015-03-17

Service request: 2015-09-17

Response to service request: None

Service request 2: 2015-10-23

Service request 2 response: 2015-11-03 - USCIS anticipates a delay

EAD/AP renewal forms sent: 2015-11-04

Letter to Congressman sent: 2015-11-06

EAD/AP renewal electronic NOA1: 2015-11-10 (saying USCIS received and accepted my applications on 2015-11-06)

Email from Congressman's office - reviewing my case, will contact me with info: 2015-11-13

Received No Biometrics Required letter: 2015-11-20

Received letter of continuance asking for another translation of my BC (long story): 2015-11-20 (online status never changed)

Responded to letter of continuance: 2015-11-30

USCIS/DHS in Sacramento received my response (delivery confirmation): 2015-12.01

Received interview letter from Chatsworth office, CA: 2016-01-30

Received response from my congressman: 2016-02.02

AOS interview: 2016-02-10 Result:: RFE for medical

Medical done: 02/20/2016 - 03/03/2016

Medical Received By USCIS (UPS delivery confirmation): 2016-03-08

AOS approval date/Resident since: 2016-03-12

Card received: 2016-03-18

AOS took 15 months, 2 weeks and one day.

ROC:

Petition sent: 2018 - 02 - 22

Petition received by USCIS Laguna Niguel: 2018 - 02 - 23

Hey Max, that is good, useful, information.

I am not accusing her of lying, I was just suggesting you think through it, and now it looks like you have.

The one thing that sticks out to me is how much she talked about how she loves you and trusts you. That's kind of weird, to supply that when not being asked. The CO might have thought it was overcompensation. It is not a contest for the biggest love.

My questions: When did you propose? On the first meeting? How did you guys reconnect? When was the last time your family saw her family?

Living with her is a good idea. You will need a co-sponsor (for her immigration) to come back. You will still have to file US taxes on income earned abroad, but it probably won't be taxed (but you have to file).

Edit: And happy photos can be faked. Not that I am accusing her of faking it, but a liar can smile, so it's not that strong of evidence.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

OP, first of all, I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys. I hope it will get resolved soon but as others have stated, you need to find out why Kristy's visa was denied. Was she given any paper at the end of the interview? Did they give her her passport back?

I'm thinking there has to have been something that CO found in your file that wasn't adding up. Also, they have more information on you and her than you can think of. For example, at my interview, the CO asked me about my (then) finance's ex girlfriend(s) and if they had any property together (the did and I knew about it and what happened to it after they broke up). They knew that plus what job he has and how much he makes because the CO didn't even ask to see the I-134 or tax returns or w2. I even asked him if he wanted to see it, he said it was not needed for this type of visa. Also, the lady that took my fingerprints only took my DS-160, several photos and several e-mails and that's all that the CO saw. She did, however, ask me to tell her my (then) fiance's phone number in case they needed to contact him for whatever reason. They already had his phone number on file, but I'm sure she wanted to check if I knew it. So not only the stuff CO did or said matter, everything from entering the embassy to finishing the interview matters.

It could be something you and your fiancee aren't even aware of. Has she ever applied for a US visa? Has she ever been a member of any organizations? Did she know all the answers to the questions asked at the interview? Was there anything that the CO lingered on, asked more questions about? COs don't deny visas for no reason at all. There was something in your file that made her decide to deny that visa. Ask your fiancee to write down everything she remembers about the interview, what was asked and how she answered those questions. Maybe this will help her remember something that she may have forgotten due to stress.

I wish you all the best and keep us posted! Good luck!

Thanks for the response.

I attached the paper she was given.

She has never applied to US Visa. Organization? what kind of organization. she voluntered a lot while she studied. Now that I think about it, She had her Internship in Azerbaijan Embassy in Russian for the final paper to graduate her master's degree. and she applied for internship for one Azerbaijan organization here in US, in New York that she never got through special backgorund check for internship abroad in Azerbaijan as you need to pretty much pay money(illegally) or need to know somebody in order to your case to move. She didn't do any of that, so they said they lost her application first and then told her to wait and wait and never heard back. so she never applied for Visa. And ended up doing Internship in Russia, in Azerbaijan Embassy.

post-186626-0-55448900-1408734823_thumb.jpg

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

How did she get though a special background check for an internship in Russia but not get through one for the US? This is done by the Azerbaijan government?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Hey Max, that is good, useful, information.

I am not accusing her of lying, I was just suggesting you think through it, and now it looks like you have.

The one thing that sticks out to me is how much she talked about how she loves you and trusts you. That's kind of weird, to supply that when not being asked. The CO might have thought it was overcompensation. It is not a contest for the biggest love.

My questions: When did you propose? On the first meeting? How did you guys reconnect? When was the last time your family saw her family?

Living with her is a good idea. You will need a co-sponsor (for her immigration) to come back. You will still have to file US taxes on income earned abroad, but it probably won't be taxed (but you have to file).

Edit: And happy photos can be faked. Not that I am accusing her of faking it, but a liar can smile, so it's not that strong of evidence.

She cannot recall what she said word by word. the way she described it to me, i didn't feel like she talked about love too much especially knowing Kristy, who does NOT over use that word at all. In fact i was nervous that she didn't enough feelings towards me on the interview.

I proposed in paril this year. when we met the second time. I did not propose on the first meeting. 7 month after first meeting. I reconnected through a social network website. Odnoklassniki. Russian FB. then quickly moved to FB. started talking. and it picked up from there. About family, Before I met her online, they haven't seen one another probably since we were kids. so at least 10-15 years. well, My father helped out when Kristy's mother passed away, which was 6 years ago. that's about it. and then I met all her family and she met my family when we got engaged. in april 2014. and they skype here and there with my mother here.

So me traveling there and living with her for like 2-3 month, would that be any help? I can put my job on hold for 2-3 month.

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.