Jacque67

James Wright Foley executed -RIP

126 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is a lot of poverty in the inner cities, especially where the London riots started. Tottenham has always had a bad reputation for gangs and street crime. And of course, the trigger for the violence was much the same as what has happened in Missouri - a police shooting of a black youth.

You get that in Paris too, except there the government has actually used their civil engineering and public works department to literally section off the bad areas of the city.

It would be interesting to know what the background of the killer was - if he was from the sort of deprived background that fosters anti-establishment sentiment. What I don't understand is that some of these guys are people from rich, middle-class families with university educations. I just don't understand how people end up like that.

Yeah. I remember reading about some kid from Wales who was set to enter medical school, and then to the bewilderment of his parents ran off to join ISIS , I believe.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Could I say that those overseas supporters of ISIS are muslims themselves, that's why they sympathize with ISIS's cause and go over there to fight along side with ISIS?

Example, the Australian man fighting for the Isis militant group has reportedly posted a picture online showing his young son holding the severed head of a Syrian soldier, with the caption: “That’s my boy.”

I'm not sure what pointing that out is intended to prove.

I've read a number of interviews with the family members of young British muslims who have gone to fight with ISIS. They are at a loss to explain how their children have ended up being radicalised.

If they don't know... what would your answer be?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know - that seems too simplistic an answer to me.

I'm tempted to read The Secret Agent again, by Josef Conrad. It's basically about Anarchist terrorists in the 19th century. Deals with a lot of similar issues - intelligent but disaffected people adopting an agenda of violence against the state.

Love the 19th century!

A lot of the literature is very pertinent to today.

Timeline

Yeah. I remember reading about some kid from Wales who was set to enter medical school, and then to the bewilderment of his parents ran off to join ISIS , I believe.

I remember that too. Just insane.

I'm not sure what pointing that out is intended to prove.

I've read a number of interviews with the family members of young British muslims who have gone to fight with ISIS. They are at a loss to explain how their children have ended up being radicalised.

If they don't know... what would your answer be?

I am not intending to prove anything here but trying to ask questions why these overseas people can be so radicalized by ISIS and feel so motivated to help ISIS.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

I am not intending to prove anything here but trying to ask questions why these overseas people can be so radicalized by ISIS and feel so motivated to help ISIS.

Why do you think some muslims turn to extremism and many muslims do not?

As someone mentioned, it is the background of the individual and the material they are exposed to that leads said individual to act a particular way. That concept may be applied to everyone and answers why we are passionate about certain things and hence our behaviour towards others.

Why do you think some muslims turn to extremism and many muslims do not?

Because some feel there is an obligation under Islam to help each other (probably they misinterpret the meanings), which include other countries muslims.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I think that's the teachings of all religions.

Nope.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!