Jacque67

James Wright Foley executed -RIP

126 posts in this topic

That's a little alarmist don't you think? This isn't anywhere near as mainstream as you want to believe it is.

And strangely, incidents like what happened to Lee Rigby aren't a good argument for allowing people to carry guns. That much should be obvious to anyone.

You have to understand where's he coming from. He carries because of this. Most folks who this type of mindset justify their beliefs when stuff like this happens.

Funny enough though, when an American goes on a shooting rampage, those type of comments are surprisingly absent.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You have to understand where's he coming from. He carries because of this. Most folks who this type of mindset justify their beliefs when stuff like this happens.

Funny enough though, when an American goes on a shooting rampage, those type of comments are surprisingly absent.

Well I think this sort of mindset explains how a four year old can get shot by his grandmother in the middle of the night. Proof that if you act out of fear all you'll achieve is increasing the level of violence. More pertinently you are letting the terrorists win - by turning you into them.

Well I think this sort of mindset explains how a four year old can get shot by his grandmother in the middle of the night. Proof that if you act out of fear all you'll achieve is increasing the level of violence. More pertinently you are letting the terrorists win - by turning you into them.

As simple as it might sound, it's a hard mindset to shake. These poor people are so seized with the idea of being a victim that they can't function without having a firearm within arm's length.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I do wonder how the killer in that video ended up over there.

How can anyone be so lost that they end up wanting to fight for a depraved ideology halfway around the world?

Folks that are lost will turn to anything that provides them with the slightest bit of solace. The same people who turn to Islam looking for that are the same ones who turn to guns, alcohol, drugs, etc.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Coming to a british street near you...Who needs a gun to kill when you can use a knife or meat cleaver... When that soldier got hacked up a few years ago. there was a bobby on standing a few hundred yards away ... That muslum was walking around with that cleaver in his hand for what 5-10 minutes..That bobby was crapping his pants hoping that someone with a gun would show up and handle the situation. This kind of war will soon be on the british streets.. Homegrown terrorist.....The public not allowed to carry... Fish in a barrel for radical Islam..

...A t least here in america we will have a fighting chance for our own protection.

C4CP.jpg

Coming to a british street near you...Who needs a gun to kill when you can use a knife or meat cleaver... When that soldier got hacked up a few years ago. there was a bobby on standing a few hundred yards away ... That muslum was walking around with that cleaver in his hand for what 5-10 minutes..That bobby was crapping his pants hoping that someone with a gun would show up and handle the situation. This kind of war will soon be on the british streets.. Homegrown terrorist.....The public not allowed to carry... Fish in a barrel for radical Islam..

...A t least here in america we will have a fighting chance for our own protection.

i'm going to start reading all your posts in a don lafontaine voice. it's gonna be fun.

i'm going to start reading all your posts in a don lafontaine voice. it's gonna be fun.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I don't know why, but for some reason that made me think of Peter Lorre.

all ellipsis are to be read as 'long pause' in honor joey tribbiani:

Joey: "I can't. Oh, I want to, long pause, but I can't."

Lennart: I'm sorry, sorry. You're not supposed to say "long pause".

Joey: Oh, oh, I thought that was your character's name, you know, I thought you were like an Indian or something.

Friends, "The One with the Mugging"

I do wonder how the killer in that video ended up over there.

How can anyone be so lost that they end up wanting to fight for a depraved ideology halfway around the world?

When the UK had that spree of riots and lootings a few years ago, my british friends and a lot of the media were saying that the looters were just bad little kids who needed some manners and a spanking. They were totally blind to the real grievances that they had, and could not fathom that anyone had a bad life in the UK. That sort of head-in-the-sand attitude is very concerning to me, and I understood better how extremism grows in the UK, because people don't want to believe, or can't believe, it happens. The UK has, I think, more than its fair share of home grown extremism, and that is part of it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

When the UK had that spree of riots and lootings a few years ago, my british friends and a lot of the media were saying that the looters were just bad little kids who needed some manners and a spanking. They were totally blind to the real grievances that they had, and could not fathom that anyone had a bad life in the UK. That sort of head-in-the-sand attitude is very concerning to me, and I understood better how extremism grows in the UK, because people don't want to believe, or can't believe, it happens. The UK has, I think, more than its fair share of home grown extremism, and that is part of it.

There is a lot of poverty in the inner cities, especially where the London riots started. Tottenham has always had a bad reputation for gangs and street crime. And of course, the trigger for the violence was much the same as what has happened in Missouri - a police shooting of a black youth.

You get that in Paris too, except there the government has actually used their civil engineering and public works department to literally section off the bad areas of the city.

It would be interesting to know what the background of the killer was - if he was from the sort of deprived background that fosters anti-establishment sentiment. What I don't understand is that some of these guys are people from rich, middle-class families with university educations. I just don't understand how people end up like that.

Edited by Hail Ming!

There is a lot of poverty in the inner cities, especially where the London riots started. Tottenham has always had a bad reputation for gangs and street crime. And of course, the trigger for the violence was much the same as what has happened in Missouri - a police shooting of a black youth.

You get that in Paris too, except there the government has actually used their civil engineering and public works department to literally section off the bad areas of the city.

It would be interesting to know what the background of the killer was - if he was from the sort of deprived background that fosters anti-establishment sentiment. What I don't understand is that some of these guys are people from rich, middle-class families with university educations. I just don't understand how people end up like that.

Because this doesn't mean happiness. Some do it because they're bored. Or crazy. Or just pure evil.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I don't know - that seems too simplistic an answer to me.

I'm tempted to read The Secret Agent again, by Josef Conrad. It's basically about Anarchist terrorists in the 19th century. Deals with a lot of similar issues - intelligent but disaffected people adopting an agenda of violence against the state.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Could I say that those overseas supporters of ISIS are muslims themselves, that's why they sympathize with ISIS's cause and go over there to fight along side with ISIS?

Example, the Australian man fighting for the Isis militant group has reportedly posted a picture online showing his young son holding the severed head of a Syrian soldier, with the caption: “That’s my boy.”

Done with K1, AOS and ROC