Jacque67

James Wright Foley executed -RIP

126 posts in this topic

You have to understand where's he coming from. He carries because of this. Most folks who this type of mindset justify their beliefs when stuff like this happens.

Funny enough though, when an American goes on a shooting rampage, those type of comments are surprisingly absent.

But I don't think there is a problem with Americans all over the world, committing mass acts of in huge numbers, in the name of their lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Why did Keroauc drop out of Columbia and ramble around the country on his family's dime? The youth are disaffected and they want to feel something more real than getting a 9-5.

I agree that it's a little fruitless to say 'that's not Islam'. The Westboro baptist church 'isn't Christianity' at this stage in Christian history because 'Christians' like that are thankfully now only a vociferous minority compared to the many visible Christians in our society. That doesn't mean that that was *never* Christianity: it was once. Heck, it could be again someday if the disaffected fringe takes back over.

You are very, very assuming. Merry asked if these First World country nationals are turning to Isis because of what is in the Qur'an and the answer could be Yes. If the British guy heard on the tape shares the same ideology as those in Isis and this British person can find scriptures that support what he wants to do then yes he will leave England and join Isis in Iraq.

And if there isn't this brotherhood and sisterhood in Christianity, why is it that I don't see many if any Christian groups going out there to garner donations specifically for Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists etc groups that need help?

The only thing I assumed is your religion, and if I am wrong, then I apologize.

There are plenty of christian charities that raise money for non-christians. I am not defending christianity or saying it is better, all I am saying is is not a religion formed around helping other christians over your fellow man.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

But I don't think there is a problem with Americans all over the world, committing mass acts of in huge numbers, in the name of their lord and savior Jesus Christ.

If the WBC was in charge of more nations, it would be.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

how so?

If you have heard tribal statements about christianity, you're welcome to share.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

The only thing I assumed is your religion, and if I am wrong, then I apologize.

There are plenty of christian charities that raise money for non-christians. I am not defending christianity or saying it is better, all I am saying is is not a religion formed around helping other christians over your fellow man.

Do you often have Christian groups out there that say "donate X,Y & Z so that the Buddhists in Tibet can so forth and so fifth"?

Edit: You do have Christians who believe they should help "their own" before aid or understanding is given to other non Christians.

Edited by aaydrian

If you have heard tribal statements about christianity, you're welcome to share.

it was a for real question. i come from a evangelical baptist upbringing. i was taught it was my duty to bring as many non-christians to christianity as possible. i was taught to see christ in every stranger and treat them accordingly. but i don't know much about the initial ideology and i thought you knew something i didn't.

it was a for real question. i come from a evangelical baptist upbringing. i was taught it was my duty to bring as many non-christians to christianity as possible. i was taught to see christ in every stranger and treat them accordingly. but i don't know much about the initial ideology and i thought you knew something i didn't.

Oh, all right. Yes, christianity teaches that anyone can be christian and attempts to see the humanity in people (or their "soul.") You can be cynical can say that's to get them to convert, of course, but not all christianity is focused on evangelism.

Christianity was formed as a jewish splinter group in the wake of the destruction of the second Temple in Jerusalem (jesus himself predates this slightly but the religion didn't really get started until later). Modern judaism was also formed at this time, because the ancient jewish religion was in crisis and could no longer be practiced since the temple was gone. The peace and love of aspect of christianity was a solution to the violence of the time.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Oh, all right. Yes, christianity teaches that anyone can be christian and attempts to see the humanity in people (or their "soul.") You can be cynical can say that's to get them to convert, of course, but not all christianity is focused on evangelism.

Christianity was formed as a jewish splinter group in the wake of the destruction of the second Temple in Jerusalem (jesus himself predates this slightly but the religion didn't really get started until later). Modern judaism was also formed at this time, because the ancient jewish religion was in crisis and could no longer be practiced since the temple was gone. The peace and love of aspect of christianity was a solution to the violence of the time.

just goes to show how different the same religion can be to different groups. i mean i know not all christianity is so heavily focused on evangelism, but the kind i was raised with was. probably still is.

evangelicalism, the imperative need for broad foreign missions and support of israel. we were taught to share the gospel with everyone possible, in order manifest the proper conditions for the return of jesus.

just goes to show how different the same religion can be to different groups. i mean i know not all christianity is so heavily focused on evangelism, but the kind i was raised with was. probably still is.

evangelicalism, the imperative need for broad foreign missions and support of israel. we were taught to share the gospel with everyone possible, in order manifest the proper conditions for the return of jesus.

Sounds like a group focused solely on bringing about the apocalypse.

The whole point of the reformation was that a person could have a personal relationship with god, and I suppose it's a double edged sword: people get to do what they want, and people get to do what they want. ;)

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Sounds like a group focused solely on bringing about the apocalypse.

The whole point of the reformation was that a person could have a personal relationship with god, and I suppose it's a double edged sword: people get to do what they want, and people get to do what they want. ;)

i can't tell you how many hours of my childhood i wasted up to my ears in the book of revelations.

i can't tell you how many hours of my childhood i wasted up to my ears in the book of revelations.

That is quite a wacky book :) My impression is that other groups tend to avoid that one, and focus on other things.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

did they ever tell you to kill them if they dont convert ?

Edited by The Nature Boy